Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E-Test

payaya

Bluelighter
Hey all i saw an E tester at one of those Off Ya Tree places in melbourne. The name of the tester was called E-Test, 25 bucks seems cheap? Is it? has anyone used this tester before?
thanks

Sounds like it's the marquis reagent - the basic level tester... and in answer to your question of have people used this before - everyone who uses pills should make it a priority that their pills are tested with at least this tester...
$25 isn't a bad price - you could probably get them cheaper but I'm not too sure where cos I haven't bought one for a while. These testers can test up to 200 pills, so it's a very small price to pay when you consider it could potentially save your life... :)
There's absolutly tons of information scattered around on bluelight and on the internet. But the short answer to your question, is if you don't have one, buy one... :)

Check this, the pill testing FAQ also you are in Australia where pills with ketamine in them arent uncommon so it might be an idea to look at getting the e1 and e2 test kit from chemical generation as that can test for more substances rather than just md**, speed and 2cb.

the tester that off ya tree stock is the mandelin reagent from chemical solutions (www.chemicalsolutions.com.au) it detects alot more substances than marquis, is cheaper, and is made right in australia! that's the one i use, it works perfectly at detecting mdma & amphetamines so it does the job for me!

Originally posted by zeroblue:
the tester that off ya tree stock is the mandelin reagent from chemical solutions (www.chemicalsolutions.com.au) it detects alot more substances than marquis, is cheaper, and is made right in australia! that's the one i use, it works perfectly at detecting mdma & amphetamines so it does the job for me!
thanks ill go get one soon, thanks

Try and get a marquis and a mandelin if you can... and test your pills with each one...
Some things will show up as a false positive with one, but not the other - so in combination it helps improve the accuracy of the test... :)
As mash said, get an E1 and an E2 test kit...

also as these testers test for MDMA, do they also test how much MD there is?

No the e2 (mandelin) does indeed test for mdma although to put this simply testing for amounts of mdma is not something widely available to the public in most places in the world.
If you did know someone who could do lab testing and give you exact contents data then you wouldnt be asking here about the test kits so im afraid you wont be able to test for the amount, sadly.

Payaya: Nope - unfortunately not. These testers are "qualitative" meaning you get a yes or no answer, rather than "quantitative" meaning you can measure how much of a substance there is. Testing reagents ONLY tell you about the presence of a substance, not about it's concentration/quality.
BigTrancer :)

then whats all this rubbish about the liquid turning a dark purple within seconds? Does this mean the pill is of better quality?

Nope - the speed of the colour change reaction is dependent on factors such as the temperature, the solidity of the pill scraping (ie. is it pressed harder, or with different less-soluble binders etc.) and many other factors.
Some people came up with the 'Purple/Black in 2 seconds' just as a way of describing what they saw. Others interpreted that as meaning pure = instant colour change, low quality = longer time span. This is incorrect, and misleading. To say that MDMA powder changes colour to purple/black instantaneously is accurate, but a very very finely crushed up weak MD-pill sample will also change colour very fast, if it also contains MDMA.
The major factor, I believe, in the speed of the colour change, is just how quickly the powder dissolves in the acid.
Please have a search of this forum, and the Pill Testing forum, for more information on reagent testers. This material is exhaustively covered in many threads :) While you're searching, you may find more answers to questions that you hadn't even thought of yet, too!
BigTrancer :)

No, it means the liquid should turn dark purple within seconds to indicate a positive result... if it takes a long time to change colour then it might mean that there is something else present instead. DXM for example takes about 10 seconds to change I think...
Dunno what you mean about "all this rubbish though"... you asked a question, and your question was answered... and the links provided should give you all the followup answers you need...
Remember that testers shouldn't be used to find a "good" pill... they should be used to avoid definite "bad" ones... if a pill gets a positive result then there's still a chance that it's a crap or dangerous pill - but if you don't get a positive result then you can be sure that the pill does not contain MDMA and so you shouldn't eat it... :)