Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

drinking while on an e

sinntress

Bluelighter
I have heard many different things about drinking while on an e - i did do a seacrh but nothing came up. I personally have been drunk while on an e - but my friends have told me that it is really dangerous. Im a bit confused about this so any of you out there with some knowledge on this subject, can you please let me know, thanks :)

I think the danger comes from de-hydrating.
You de-hydrate when you drink and when you pill.
Keep the fluids up, and you should be fine.

you'll find some info in here and also a good page I found was at here
Also found good info at here
What exactly did you put in as your keywords? I found a lot of treads by using "alcohol ecstasy" and also "drinking ecstasy" and searching in the various forums. Theres probably 30-50 more threads that might have possible answers from the topic names that I saw.

Did you make sure to search the "Australia/Asia... Drug Discussion" forum? The default search location is Announcements and Feedback forum, so it's unlikely there would be any hits searching for "alcohol mdma" etc., there.
Searching for the keywords "drinking" and "pills" in this forum produced 113 results, including:
E & Alcohol?
Alcohol and Cold Temperature Effects On E?
You can also search the Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Archive, to check for older discussions, if you don't find anything in the current forum.
BigTrancer
7.gif

[ 08 July 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

(what follows is broad generalisations based on reading i have done, and from talking to a lot o aussies who have lived and worked in america. there will be exceptions to this but for the most part i feel it is accurate)
One thing to keep in mind when reading information about alcohol and ecstasy on this board is that the majority of threads you will find will be written by Americans, who have issues when it comes to alcohol.
You may come across threads that threaten all sorts of dire consequences if you drink and take e. These as bollocks. Aside from the issue of dehydration there is nothing in the combination of alcohol and MDMA that can do you any more harm than the individual substances taken seperately.
So why do some Americans get all strict about this? You have to look at Americas attitude towards alcohol in general. They are the only country that ever banned it, and this wasn't that long ago. There is a puritan streak in American culture that means that alcohol isn't intergrated into their society in the way that is in our country, or European countries.
Alcohol is still seen as an evil vice, rather than something that's a part of social life. It is wonderfully ironic that these same feelings can turn up in the middle of drug culture.
This isn't to say that Americans don't drink. It's just that drinking is usually done either to excess or not at all. You'll often find that as an Australian in America you'll get odd looks when you ask workmates out for a couple of beers after work. "But it's not Friday? they'll say.
But back on topic, I guess with this issue there is also a feeling that the "pure MDMA experience" should not be sullied and obscured by alcohol. I guess there is something to be said for that, in it's place, but the ultimate choice is always up to you. What sort of night do you want?
[ 08 July 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Wow, thats really good to know - coz i loved it when i was drinking while on an e but my friends made me paranoid. Now i can have a blast without worrying - i think its ironic that Americans have a thing against alcohol :)