Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

People have nfi what they want...

zeroblue

Ex-Bluelighter
*shakes head* saturday night was my greatest md experience yet. had some quality bikkies, made a bunch of new friends, chilled out with a very cute girl. the thing that shot it down was people sitting there outside the toilets crying because they didnt have the energy to dance and that they had bought bodgy pills. how the fuck does the media classify mdma as a hallucinogen with speedy properties. they are misinforming clubbers/ravers/general chemical users who are new to drugs. basically if you want to dance all night like a crazy mother fucker, speed is called speed for a reason. maybe they should do some reading up before they bitch about the greatest chemical ever made not being so great...
That's my 2 cents...

Yeah, you tell em!!!
I would rather sit all night, then dance. Because I know how I would be feeling when I am sitting!!!

*shakes head*
mdma is a type of amphetamine (methlynedioxymethamphetamine) and it has hallucinogenic properties (i.e. it is not too uncommon to hallucinate from pills).
"maybe they should do some reading up before they bitch..."

corolla how much md do u have to have to start tripping out? i had a fair bit and only experienced some minor hallucinations (ie could hear bits of music that werent there) and also it usually takes people off their feet, if you pay close attention...

Hate to break it to you, but it is a hallucinogen in the sense that it makes you hallucinate... you don't need to be seeing purple monkeys and things that aren't there to be hallucinating - it can be much more subtle...
The fact that music sounds "better" is an auditory hallucination. The fact that colours look "brighter" is a visual hallucination. And ask anyone that's had a decent dose under the right set and setting to close their eyes and tell you what they see...
But this is just spliting hairs and isn't really what you're getting at I don't think - the point as I saw it was that most people don't know what the effects are supposed to be, and so when they get the classic MDMA effects they think they've got shit pills cos they can't dance. And that does come from the believe that ecstasy makes you dance all night. Whether that was started by the media though is a matter for debate... :)

I gotta say I agree with the sentiment in the original post - a lot of people are misinformed about drugs, and the media do not help the issue a single bit. A lot of people don't really know what ecstacy is supposed to feel like, and without a tester they never know if they've had it or not. So they think they've bought crap pills when they don't charge all night like on a speedbomb. My thoughts on this are here.
However, the misinformation is also propagated by people in the drug scene, who are too lazy to check their facts, or too scared to look like a fool for asking questions. Bluff and bluff alike is the way that dealers push their prices up and up, to eke the most money from an unsuspecting public. Inventing new street names and selling bogus gear are just the beginning. Then the media tag-team completes the lack of facts.
That's why we try to give good information to dispel the myths and educate people.
BigTrancer :)

I for one know what i want out of a good bikkie.
i want to sit on my arse all fucking night/day seeing disco-lighting in my brain and not being able to talk too much.
those ppl bitching would have had a lovely time if they knew that thats what mdma is supposed to do to them. I have never spent the night dancing on mdma, and i hope to hell i never will :)
Andromeda :)

i know what i want form my biccies....
i luv being on my ass!! just sitting there talking to other ppl on their ass....
but i luv a biccie that puts u on ur arse BUT yet u still can turn the tables around and start dancing!!!
i dont like dancing tooooo much coz i know my body will be all achy and sore the next day!

I think part of the confusion stems from the fact that people think ecstasy is MDMA. Now this is just my opinion of course, but ECSTASY IS NOT MDMA !
Ecstasy is a tablet containing a range of various chemicals, which are all intended to make the activities that you undertake at a rave or club more enjoyable. It will often contain MDMA as its main ingredient, but in my experience it is a rare pill that only contains MDMA.
However, I know what you mean about people complaining that their pills are shit, when they are really just not speedy... and those same people won't touch meth "it makes me feel sick..."
If only everyone bought a tester kit, the problem wouldn't exist.

^^^^
I disagree, ecstasy IS MDMA. Just like amphetamine is speed and heroin is smack. Anything else is merely a pill that possibly has some chemicals in it.
Anyone who doesn't want MDMA in their ecstasy is, IMO, a fool. If you want something else, then get something else. Be proactive about getting rid of shite pills in our clubs.

Well all this talk about not being able to dance all night on MD is not entirely true...I mean, don't get me wrong, I munch a good bikkie and 40 minutes later I'll be on my ass rushing off my head...but once the initial come up has subsided a little, I have been more than capable on munerous occasions to 'dance all night'. I reckon MD puts you in such a good state of mind that you can dance all night and just not realise that ur getting that tired as opposed to MD giving you the physical energy to dance like speed does. But ofcourse thats just my opinion and it will obviously vary depending on the person etc. =)

Mabey they bought K. I've never heard someone complain they dont like "smacky" pills after their first REAL eccy, actualy i dont think i've heard anyone really complain on mdma unless there weak, or something happens to bring down the pill. On the other topic ive spent many times dancing all night on pills, i've also spent alot sittin on my arse. I find if im on my feet and moving during the come up ill charge and when i sit down during it ill smack unless ive had a higher dose then i gotta wait or push myself, but mabey thats just me

A lot of people don't care what's in their pills, as long as they have a "mad night"... Which is fairly concerning, but true.
If someone liked a pill, and during a conversation about it an uninformed twit rattles of something like "yeah I had one of xxx pill too, they're heaps smacky man"... You've now got a person who'll be asking around for "smacky" pills, creating more & more misinformation amongst the community... Who knows how far it could go. Also, as BT said:
However, the misinformation is also propagated by people in the drug scene, who are too lazy to check their facts, or too scared to look like a fool for asking questions. Bluff and bluff alike is the way that dealers push their prices up and up, to eke the most money from an unsuspecting public. This is very, very true...
Few people can ever admit they're wrong too, I once tried to tell some gronk trying to sell me "cokey" pills
a. The reality of cocaine in pills (namely it's pointless & doesn't happen) and
b. What MDMA is
but he wouldn't hear a word of it...
The problem with the media telling the truth about drugs is that they'll be criticised if they do anything other than focus on/extrapolate upon the negative effects. I personally know a fair few people in the media who are users themselves & fairly knowledgable... Straight from their mouths - if they were to tell the whole truth, or produce a show which focused on the beneficial sides of drug use, they'd probably be out of a job.
:\

ecky thump o agree with u.....
thats exactly the same as me on come ups...if im dancing my ass off while coming on ill charge...if im sitting/walking round or standing in line.....ill smack nicley
....but im always either walkign or jsut sitting coz i luv the smack.....but when i start charging off a biccie its all good too.....

a. The reality of cocaine in pills (namely it's pointless & doesn't happen)
BBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZ @#!!#@ seems ur wrong on that one.
i was browsing through dancesafe's p[ill lab tests and happen to find a certain pill called 7up
Pill Name: 7 UP
Size(mm): 8.0 x 4.0
Weight(mg): 292mg
Date Received: May, 2002
Contents: MDMA (66.7%)
Cocaine (33.3%)
Marquis Reaction: typical (black/purple)
** so perhaps not being a usual occurance, as we are always told, never say never :)
More onto the point, yes very true, u make most pills want u want. Of course provided u have a decent pill with minimal adulturants then setting, personal; modd and health are the n1 aspects to ur nite. I find iof u are ina good happy mood and esp start dancing b4 u feel the pill coming on, ur up for a mostly charging nite, but when i happen to lumber round most of the nite, tired or just a bit bored not into it then i find the pill overcomes me and yes i end up sitting walking round talkin and talkin!@# blah:Þ
Another reason is of course if the dose is rather strong for our tolerances, never really happened to me yet but i would b logically guessing that most ppl with a higher dose will most liekly feel smaky as such, the body unable to cope too well will result in sumone spending most of the nite or a fair portion sitting on their ass's spinning out. So the personal thing i ahve to do is change my mindset to relAaxed, get decent pill, test with extreme tester, and well get the niter startedd on my own energy :p if i want to sit aroudn talkin then i will eventually, as we all know it's bring down our inhibitions so should i get the whim u bet ur ass i'll b talking at 200 miles an hr (not speedy just happy talk) often saying uun-understandable things and freaking a lot of ppl out. Lol :)
Enjoy fellas when in hold of good pills, do ur research and be prepared! it's funner and in the end safer :)

Yes, yes. We know that every now and then, a single pill appears in dancesafe's or pilltest's databases containing cocaine, or heroin, or flyspray, or green tea... but it doesn't mean that just because ONE pill was tested to contain cocaine, everyone should start thinking they're getting charged up on 'cokey' pills. It's just bullshit.
Fair enough - never say never - but perhaps we can say that "Cocaine and heroin occur so rarely in pills that you almost definitely won't ever have one, and even if you did, it wouldn't make you feel 'cokey' or 'smacky'."
A side note - just because the test result says Cocaine 33% and MDMA 67% doesn't mean that the pill is totally cocaine and mdma. It just means that of the 'active' ingredients, one third was cocaine... that could mean 40mg or 1mg - either way, if that pill contains an active amount of MDMA (say 70-100mg) then the cocaine content would be below 30mg. As we know, 30mg of cocaine taken orally will be imperceptible.
BigTrancer :)

cocaine turns up in pills and frogs fall out of the sky. both these things have happened, doesn't mean they are common. in fact they are so uncommon you sound like an idiot if you harp on about it. so don't.
and don't get me started on the feedback loop involved in people saying there's no coke in pills so other people put it in to make the first people... blah blah blah...
[ 07 July 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

Originally posted by johnboy:
cocaine turns up in pills and frogs fall out of the sky. both these things have happened, doesn't mean they are common. in fact they are so uncommon you sound like an idiot if you harp on about it. so don't.

Fact is that a lot of people think there is Coke or H in pills. And if we have to say 100 times that there isn't, then we should.
Unless someone is told that they are wrong, they will never learn.
So, everytime I hear there is Coke or H in pills, I will tell them that they are wrong, and why.
This will be never ending.
[Edit: Checked 'disable smilies...' to make the URL paste properly. BigTrancer]
[ 08 July 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Russ - I think johnboy meant it the other way, ie. there's no point saying 'look - here's a pill that had coke in it' when its the only one in 10,000 tests.