Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pink Speed?

Subliminal_jac

Bluelighter
A friend gave me some PINK speed...?
saying it wad called "Pink Champagne"??
when i tasted it, it was no were near as potent as the normal stuff, BUT, it seemed to come on twise as hard??
does any1 know what its cut with or does any1 have any info on this topic?
all info would be greatly appreciated!
SUB JAC!

pink, blue, green, yellow... its all the same: meth with added food-colouring.
interesting antecdote from a friend....
he had x amount of uncut meth, and cut it into 3 lots... first one was cut 1:1 and made pink, the second was cut 1:1 and made blue (never seen blue meth myself, but apparently it is around here and there), and the third was left uncut and not coloured.... any guess to which 'batches' were prefered??? the blue and pink stuff 'was da bomb' whilst the un-cut stuff 'was a bit dodgy' :) :) :)
go figure...
M

Red, pink or purple can indicate the presence of Iodide ions. Iodine is almost always used in the preparation of Meth in Aus.

From King Bee Rhodium:
Re: a laymans purity test ?

Dissolve about 100mg [1 point] of the methamphetamine suspect of containing iodide ions in 0.5ml water, and add one drop of 20-35% hydrogen peroxide (or 2-3 drops of 3% H2O2). Then add a few drops of a concentrated aqueous starch solution. If a blue color develops, then iodide ions were present in the tested methamphetamine.

2 I- + H2O2 => I2 + H2O

I2 + Starch => Blue-colored complex

Even if the product looks clear and clean, there maybe some iodine ions present. This test will confirm if even very small amounts are present. Only use NON-COOKED starch, and do not heat. You can of course get starch from potatoes

Last edited:
I heard from someone that this (they specifically called it "pink champagne") is speed confiscated by the cops in raids. The speed is apparently marked pink as evidence that it has been tested. Then somehow this speed finds its way back into circulation (I would like to put a winking symbol in here but don't know how).
However, it should be noted that this theory came from a person that believes there is heroin in pills (despite repeated attempts to educate them of the truth) so IMO, the source detracts from its credibility.
[ 01 July 2002: Message edited by: roof_boy ]

Lets not start with the theorys please - call it what you want but don't speculate.
:)

Why would the Police go to the trouble of changing the whole batch to pink? They would test a bit, and then ship it off to Manly for distribution……
Anyway, I highly doubt any confiscated drugs finds it’s way back on to the street.

^^
anyway, I highly doubt any confiscated drugs finds it’s way back on to the street.
i dunno about where your from but the old drug squad (recently broken up?) was shoddy as all fuck, some very dodgy goings on in the last couple of years

pink GO....is meant to be da shit....
but i had some last weekend and was dissappointed...

Like phase_dancer says, it's often the result of unreacted iodine. Furthermore dealers/cooks will often colour their stuff to hide the presence of impurities.

Speed can be pink as a result of red dye from pseudoephedrine pills that has not been washed out...

RED: The product was made from pseudoephedrine, and the red coloring of the tablet was not adequately washed away (it is difficult)
ORANGE: Ephedrine sulfate was used, and some of the sulfate was reduced to sulfur.
PURPLE: Iodine from a phosphorus-iodine reaction was not washed out.
GREEN: Copper (or other metallic) salts somehow made their way in to the mixture, probably due to the reaction vessel used in the manufacture.
BROWN: Oxidized red coloring, or tablating agent was present in the reduction.

Dogah is right, notorious crooked cops such as Kevin Hicks and a whole host of others who haven't been busted yet used and use the St. Kilda road police complex like a drug candy shop. Hundreds of pills seem to just 'disappear' every coupla months. Therefore i cant see why confiscated drugs wouldn't make it back into circulation unless police hold their own clandestine bluelight(how dare the use our beloved BL) discos (yes they're almost certainly still into discos) with free pills for everybody witha badge. Oh yeah i forgot to answer the thread... i've had pink speed, although the dunce who gave it to me said it was coke. Wasn't very good, i'd agree with the pseudo hypothesis, people who don't know what they're doing producing low yield and quality shite.

Subliminal_Jac, my understanding is that "pink champagne" is a term used by dealers to talk up the quality of their product. I have heard it said here and there for quite some years, and assume it's supposed to hint at "the high-flying lifestyle you will immediately acquire if you buy my special pink speed". IMHO, it's largely no better or worse than most other colours in terms of quality, but seems better than that westie brown/ochre yellow stuff as it doesn't smell as rank and doesn't affect the skin as badly afterwards. Also, I know for a fact it ain't recycled by the cops.

Probably not relevant here, but I've heard the term "pink champagne" in relation to speed bombs in the UK. People actually ask for these rather than buying speed.

In reference to the off topic slide above..... :)
The Poms aren’t as fortunate as us in relation to the seemingly endless supply of biker brand meth. Therefore the most reliable doses of speed comes in pill form, I'd imagine predominantly those 'crazy' yaba pills that originate in Asia.
Back to the topic at hand....
Also, I know for a fact it ain't recycled by the cops.
rolleyes.gif

State your opinion by all means, but please don't claim its gospel. How could you possibly know this? Unless of course you’re admitting to being our local member of the constabulary ;)
The colour of speed will more than likely be one of two things; impurities or an enterprising dealer noticing pink champagne sells for more than his cut to hell and back speed, so he adds a little food colouring.

I don’t care what colour it is, as long as it does the job :)

^^^ true... but iodine and/or phos cant be too good for you!
M

lignocaine is cut into pink champaigne to give it a numbing effect.
what is the potency of the current melbourne batch of champaigne?

05-07-2002 big ups for the oldskool bump - haven't heard about new pink champagne myself.

BigTrancer :)