• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Sun-Herald 30 Jun 02: Bucket of ecstasy found in BMW

trog

Bluelighter
Bucket of ecstasy found in BMW
By Kate Cox
June 30 2002
The Sun-Herald
Two men faced a Sydney court yesterday after ecstasy powder worth more than $8 million was found in their car.
Parramatta Court was told self-employed businessman Peter Pangallo, 33, and 24-year-old builder Robert Ibrahim were stopped in a late-model white BMW at Bass Hill, near Fairfield, on Friday afternoon.
Behind the driver's seat was a large white bucket containing white powder with a strong acidic smell - later found to be 8.41kg of high-quality ecstasy powder, with a potential street value of about $8.4 million.
The men were charged with the commercial supply of a prohibited substance.
The court was told that the large frame of Pangallo was cramped against the steering wheel to accommodate the sealed bucket, and Ibrahim was a passenger. Pangallo claimed his friend asked him to drive the car and he had no knowledge of the drugs behind his seat. His friend, he said, had told him that was the way the seat was.
The men were represented separately in Parramatta Court yesterday.
Both were denied bail and will appear in Burwood Court tomorrow. If convicted, they face jail terms of up to 20 years.
Love the image of the guy pushed up against the steering wheel - "there's a bucket of *what* behind my seat officer?"... :)

You'd think they'd go to a little more effort to hide 8.41kg of MDMA!
That's 84 100 pills worth, at 100mg a pill. Oh well, we may see a shortage some time soon boys & girls...
:\

Idiots are almost ALWAYS the ones that get caught.
Who wants to bet that this gear will be back on the streets in a month, after the police take their cut?
-plaz out-

8.41kg? i think the cops have already taken their 90g cut it also seem like pills have upped to $100 a pop since the last bust. Shit, X is gettin more expensive as the months go by...

3265000 is more accurate, if we're simply applying a single price to each dose of MDMA in there and adding it up...
By "potential street value", I think what they're doing is estimating how much cash would have been exchanged for the MDMA as it passes down the chain from the point at which they caught it, to the end user...
dealer one pays $xx, dealer two pays $xx, dealer 3 pays $xx, dealer 4 pays $xx, user pays $xx, total for pill = ... x 81 400.
Just a thought... Trying to justify the insanely high values cops place on drugs :)
[ 30 June 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

Im with you plazma , dun think it'll b too long b4 that shit is out on tha streets again , at least tha corrupt piggaz r good 4 sumthin , dun think this will effect tha price of xtc at all , here's hoping at least, dealers can only charge what ppl will pay

Love to go round to their house to have buckets. MDMA buckets that is.

lol a bucket
Did he shovel it in with a plastic pail as well?
Jesus, he's in a BMW, he could of transported it in style, but he had to fuck it up and use a bucket.

Just thinking maybe if he spend 8$ on a "lid" he wouldn't have lost 8 million dollars of powder.

The stupidity of some people is grand.
you'd think you would take a little more care with something worth so much
-funki-

*rotflmao*
Criminal masterminds at work. Incidents like this highlight just how dense some people are in drug industry.
The sad thing is that these two might get off lightly in comparison to some of the others involved in the buisness. Somebody will probably get kneecapped or suffer some other horrific punishment for not getting the job done properly. IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/pi/8.gif[/IMG]

bucket.jpg

Roflmao..... thanks pleo, I needed that! :)
[ 04 July 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

Hmmmm... its good to see the caliber of today's master criminal just keeps on improving.

What are the circumstances around the car being stopped? How and why were they stopped? Where were they going? What time was it? There are a million and one questions to ask, so obviously not covered in the article.
These "criminal masterminds" are not nearly as stupid as we might have been led to believe. While it is very possible that shit happens, no one really fucks around with 8+ kilos of any illegal substance. Without jumping to any conclusions, my bet is that these guys are meant to be caught, to divert the attention of the cops. So instead of expecting a drought, it is quite possible that Sydneysiders and later the rest of us may expect an influx of quality pills/powder. The public attention generated by reports like these are as good a reason as any other for dealers to jack prices sky high, thereby making a tidy profit.
Of course this is pure speculation on my part and we can only wait and see.

I see the logic in that syke... plus - how MANY people were going around with MDxx caps last weekend?! LOL It can sometimes be kinda obvious when powder arrives in the country.
BigTrancer :)

leave my cousin alone, he was bringing it to me. fucken $75 down the drain. could have bought a utopia ticket if i had too. fuck.
by the way, i'm joking.