Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

DXM + trimethobenzamide reaction?

nickthecheese

Bluelighter
Hey,
I'm wondering if the Dxm will have a reaction to a pill with STEMETIL written on it.
The pills contain trimethobenzamide, and i was wondering if this would react with the dxm.
Any speedy replies greatly appreciated...

Nick, I am not sure if that would cause any bad reaction, if any reaction at all.
Have you tried smoking/vapourising straight marijana instead of using trimethobenzamide? (If you're using it to stop nausea)

Trimethobenzamide will add to the effects of alcohol and other CNS depressants (medicines that make you drowsy or less alert). Some examples of CNS depressants are antihistamines or medicine for hay fever, other allergies, or colds; sedatives, tranquilizers, or sleeping medicine; prescription pain medicine or narcotics; barbiturates; medicine for seizures; muscle relaxants; or anesthetics, including some dental anesthetics. Check with your doctor before taking any of the above while you are using this medicine. Taken from http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/trimethobenzamidesystemic202578.html
It does list anesthetics, not dissociative ones, but none the less...
If you're after a "speedy" answer and in doubt nick, you're probably best off not combining the two.
Better safe than sorry IMHO :)
[ 28 June 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

The Australian formulation of Stemetil contains prochlorperazine, with no mention of trimethobenzamide (not in the MIMS anyway). Are you sure it says trimethobenzamide?