• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much ephedrine am I safe taking?

derejrcar

Bluelighter
So I have Bronkaid (25mg ephedrine sulfate/400mg guaifenesin), and I'm looking to get speedy effects from it. Today I took 2 pills with 200mg caffeine and felt minimal effects. I want to take 3...how many am I safe to take? Also, why didnt I feel the 50mg? I've heard primatene is stronger, can anyone make a personal testimony to this? Thanks alot, appreciate any info.

50mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine is a pretty high dose for somebody without a tolerance, just for the record. It does seem like you have a tolerance to both these drugs, however.

If you decide to take more ephedrine than I would lower the caffeine dosage and see what happens, and then increase it if you really need to. It sounds like you have a respectable tolerance to both ephedrine and caffeine.

AKAIK, Primatene (Tablets, not Primatene Mist, which is epinephrine) is another brand name for ephedrine, just like Bronkaid is...so it should be the same thing. In fact, per rxlist.com, each tablet is 12.5mg ephedrine so Bronkaid is more powerful per tablet.

Last edited:
-->BDD since its a dosing question.

Ephedrine/Caffeine can be a nice stimulant boost, but you shouldn't expect anything recreational out of it. EC stacks are good for focus and for suppressing hunger and should be split up throughout the day, 25mg of ephedrine and 200mg of caffeine at a time.

The maximum dosage of ephedrine over 24 hours shouldn't exceed 100mg (and even this amount is a bit much.)

dokomo has a point, that 100mg maximum should be payed attention to, even if you have that big of a tolerance to begin with...ephedrine has some nasty cardiac side effects if taken at high doses for long periods of time

50mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine is a pretty high dose for somebody without a tolerance, just for the record. It does seem like you have a tolerance to both these drugs, however.

If you decide to take more ephedrine than I would lower the caffeine dosage and see what happens, and then increase it if you really need to. It sounds like you have a respectable tolerance to both ephedrine and caffeine.

AKAIK, Primatene (Tablets, not Primatene Mist, which is epinephrine) is another brand name for ephedrine, just like Bronkaid is...so it should be the same thing. In fact, per rxlist.com, each tablet is 12.5mg ephedrine so Bronkaid is more powerful per tablet.

I do have a very high tolerance to caffeine, and I think that maybe I'm just expecting a bit much out of it...I've read reports of people who say its really great, but maybe these people havent done any real stims.

-->BDD since its a dosing question.

Ephedrine/Caffeine can be a nice stimulant boost, but you shouldn't expect anything recreational out of it. EC stacks are good for focus and for suppressing hunger and should be split up throughout the day, 25mg of ephedrine and 200mg of caffeine at a time.

The maximum dosage of ephedrine over 24 hours shouldn't exceed 100mg (and even this amount is a bit much.)

Thanks, I guess I am expecting recreational. I was focused, but I guess the problem is I was expecting something more like amphetamines, when I should be expecting something like caffeine (right?). Anyway, overall I guess I'm a little dissappointed with ephedrine, but I'll give it another shot before practice tomorrow and see how it goes.

You're correct, while it's better than caffeine alone its not going to be a replacement for amphetamines in the euphoria/recreational-ness department.

Anyway, overall I guess I'm a little dissappointed with ephedrine, but I'll give it another shot before practice tomorrow and see how it goes.

Be extra careful when combining ephedrine with exercise, that's double strain on your heart...