Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wet/ Greasy Speed

ME_AM_PRODUCT

Bluelighter
Is there any reason that some speed is dry and some is mildly greasy? Also wondering if oily speed would have a lower nasal absorbsion rate.

It has to do with how thorough the synthesis has been, how much care has been taken to purify the product, and what cutting agents have been applied while it was on its way to you.

I know some people who will cut there speed with glucoden/epsoms or whatever and then wet it with water to give that gooey texture. I've heard so many people say that wet almost liquid speed is pure freebase. I'm not saying this doesn't occur but your average punter is getting about 50% pure in my opinion. On the odd occasion you get actual pure, its gona cost alot more and you know where your money went when you take it! Oily gluggy speed tends to pass straight through my nose and hit the back of my tounge! A fine powder will have a much greater surface area and therefore will absorb better. Either way you end up eating some.

most speed we get in oz is Meth and most of it is made in oz.
This said then the reason most meth u get is wet and greasy is because backyard labs have not done there job correctly.
ie. when the cook turns the meth freebase oil into a salt they dont do it correctly, and when they do there final washing and recrystallizing they dont do this correctly also.
pure meth should be clear shards of crystal, no colour at all, not powdery, and not wet.
If your d/d is trying to sell you pure speed, ask him for the clear shards of glass type, this will most likley take the slime off his face because he has most likley jumped on it 3 to 5 times allready with epso salts or sugar

most speed we get in oz is Meth and most of it is made in oz.
Is this something that is a fact, or something you made up? If it's a fact, can you please reference it, otherwise please state that it is your personal opinion.
Thanks, BigTrancer :)
Edit: PS: I also believe that most of the speed we get (in melbourne at least) is methamphetamine because I've seen many kinds tested with EZ-Xtreme. However, I have no way of knowing if this is a general rule, and I'm prepared to admit I have no idea where it comes from on a larger scale...
[ 26 June 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

How do i know most speed is made in oz!
Why risk importing when it is so easy to make?
Have you gone and bought a packet of Pseudoephdrine latley? ie. Sudafed - - - you will get the fifty question rundown and asked to show your licence.
I asked a couple of the pharmacies what is going on - they said that there psudo sales have gone up 10,000 percent in the last 18 months due to how easy it is to make Meth from it.
Ps- I dont make speed, but there is a heaps of sites on the internet showing you how. Step by step instructions for backyard labs, and even forums if you get stuck.
You tell me - when people can make it, in about three hours with no chemical knowledge and using products they can buy at Hardware House and a few packets a sudafed, that they wont make and sell there own shit backyard meth greasy and all

^^^^^
You're still basing your comments on a logical assumption rather than proof - all BT is saying is that you should acknowledge that in your post because some people might take it as cold hard facts by mistake...

Yes it is "my opition" that most meth is made in oz now...
but is it true that most speed sold in oz is meth. Have seen ez-test results heaps of times
and it is also true that most meth sold the last 18 months has so many inpurities in it that most organic chemists what laugh at the poor effort whatever backyard lad setup made it.
About two years ago oz was flooded with "ice" smokable meth, it was totally pure, clear glass like shards of ice crystal, in my opition it was from overseas.The quality and purity of it, no backyard setup could ever do.
Now all you see is greasy wet yellow/brown cut meth in powder form, sometimes you see some "ice" but it is allways in the powder form never in the pure clear shard form.

Just being a bit pedantic here and i'm sure you already know the diff btw pure crystal meth, which can look like shards of ice as described above and real ICE as in (meth?)aminorex, but this for those who don't know.
Oh yeah i don't think that you could say with absolute certainity that all "speed" in Oz is meth and produced inside the country. But you could say that there is a high probability that this is so, since the p2p method of cooking produces meth and is relatively easy to perform including obtaining materials as outlined above. Whereas could say that there is a high probability that most ecstasy comes from OS, as a little bird in the know told me that you would make more money selling marquis reagent than cooking MDMA.
Oh yeah sometimes wet/greasy meth is a product of the solvent used or so ive been told.
[ 26 June 2002: Message edited by: Tabernacle ]

That 'smashed glass' is still about down here in Adelaide. Im not bragging or anything. In fact i agree with you, most of it is shit. But you still come across good meth. It just costs heaps

Tabernacle: u are confused i think; the P2P method is the more difficult one and can be used to produce methamphetamine and amphetamine. MDMA is produced from the same procedure only employing different precursors to make MD-P2P.
The easy one is from pseudoephedrine as MrQuiteAct has stated. However there is no way you are obtaining the couple of key ingredients needed to perform the pseudo-->meth conversion depending on the route you choose from the hardware store. Obviously you can access solvents, acids and bases there but the crucial chemicals needed are extremely controlled just like the pseudoephedrine. If you attempt to buy red phosphorous or hydroiodic acid from a chem supplier expect to have your door busted open in a matter of days. Other routes may not be as suspicious but they still cant be performed after a trip to Hardware House.
People will know my views on this if they have been following the my nanna cant tell meth from amphetamine thread. However in that thread i mentioned that i did come across a case of regular amphetamine being manufactured here. Saying that i do agree meth is in the majority and disgracefully produced meth at that.
The purity is far less than 50% and thats often when it is sold as "uncut". Even "ice" style meth or very well made and purified meth may be as low as 80%.
Me_am_product: if u are interested search for the "washing amphetamines" thread.
The greasy feel is indeed from solvents. When the freebase meth is extracted from the reaction a non-polar (water insoluble) solvent such as toluene is used. To make the actual salt, acid is added and the freebase turns into crystals which are WATER soluble and these form a solid in the toluene as they do not dissolve in it.
(this is why drugs like pseudoephedrine and codeine if u look on the packet say pseudoephedrine 'hydrochloride' or codeine 'phosphate'; the former had HYDROCHLORIC acid added to the freebase, the latter PHOSPHORIC acid added - it all makes sense doesnt it :) )
Now the toluene must be filtered off.
Correct chemistry procedure would employ suction or vaccuum filtration, acetone washing and recrystallisation giving a dry and purer product. However it would not surprise me if only basic gravity filtration is used. In that u just simply poor the sludge into a filter funnel and wait for all the toluene to drip through - and as toluene has a high boiling point compared to much better, but hard to get solvents such as ether, it is harder to evaporate off.
Hence the sludgy, smelly and greasy 'base' meth. So in addition to ingesting a solvent its likely the drug is not absorbed as well nasally and a significant percentage of the weight of the product you are buying is paint thinner costing $10 a litre instead of high quality methamphetamine at $250 a gram.
[ 29 June 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

Thanx biscuit, i stand corrected. Most of what i said was based upon info from the my nanna thread, which i read awhile ago, i'm gonna read it again and go to the site where the bees hang.

biscuit said:
The greasy feel is indeed from solvents. When the freebase meth is extracted from the reaction a non-polar (water insoluble) solvent such as toluene is used. To make the actual salt, acid is added and the freebase turns into crystals which are WATER soluble and these form a solid in the toluene as they do not dissolve in it. Now the toluene must be filtered off.
Correct chemistry procedure would employ suction or vaccuum filtration, acetone washing and recrystallisation giving a dry and purer product. However it would not surprise me if only basic gravity filtration is used. In that u just simply poor the sludge into a filter funnel and wait for all the toluene to drip through - and as toluene has a high boiling point compared to much better, but hard to get solvents such as ether, it is harder to evaporate off.
Expertly stated.

Thanks; additionally even if they do employ suction filtration, unless correct acetone washing procedures are performed there will always be some residual toluene stuck amongst all the solid substance; thus the speed tends to clump together somewhat even when its cut with a card.
(chemists call the product from the initial suction filtration a 'FILTER CAKE'; this is a good description; u dont want the consistency of a cake; u want it more along the lines of cake mixture out of a packet prior to making the cake.
In case u are having trouble understanding why washing with another solvent like acetone is desired its because it flushes all the toluene from the solid along with some impurities without dissolving (and hence loosing) the sample. Acetone's boiling point is about 50 degrees whereas toluene's is considerably over 100; maybe 120-130.
Thus the acetone easily evaporates from the drug just by leaving it out in the air or even better putting a lamp on it giving a nice solvent free, dry product. What u are meant to be paying for.