Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

X-score lollies

mayday

Bluelighter
I have seen (on pillreports, and BL) about the X-score pills, which have been scored twice on the back, and the scores never line up, so we get an X shape..
The general opinion seems to be that the pill is pressed twice, which is why this happens. Now, I have never seen an X-score pill, so I want to ask someone who has...
Why is there a double press on the back (the X-score itself) and not on the front? ie, why isnt the Honda symbol superimposed on itself?

disclaimer: someone had told me this...there is no evidence to support it, im merely relaying it to give you a theory.
someone had told me that when a first batch of pills is done the score is perfectly straight. they then said any follow up batches the score is no longer straight but almost double scored to give the score the look of an x. friends and i found this to be true when comparing the first batch of pink hearts to the follow up batches. like i said, i have no evidence to support it though...but you might find it interesting

Thats what I heard too, but why is the X on the back double stamped, and not the symbol on top?

21016.jpg

20652.jpg

The X you're referring to has been seen on green 2000s, pink hearts (both seen above), blue lightning bolts, red lightning bolts, and a couple of others I can't remember... All of these share the same size, shape, dimensions and texture. They all have one varying feature - the press on the back. Some of them have |s and some two |s, which make up the X you're talking about.
As for how it happens, I seriously doubt you'll ever know.
:)

Very much simply more speculation here... But I highly doubt that these are double pressed. I've seen quite a few of the various x score pills but I've never seen one which has the two lines closer to right angles than the ones shown above... The reason this leads me to doubt the pills are double pressed is that it's highly unlikely the ppl pressing them are gonna go to all the trouble of lining up their pills so that they are all stamped close to the first score.
Just my thought. enjoy the mystery ;)

For the same reason they have the logo on the front. To mess with the trippers, and give us something to talk about.

... All of these share the same size, shape, dimensions
I might add that this is not totally true, you'll probably find the height of each pill is slightly different (even by a few mm).
As for the double pressing theory, one has to think of why someone would do this.
If indeed each pill was pressed twice the front logo would also be crossed over twice much like the back. I think its more of a mechanical play up then anything done on purpose. The size, shape, and quality of the pill is enough of a trademark I'd say.

25442.jpg

the 'x' score on these varied from pill to pill. the one above was average, however, on some the angle between the two lines was greater (i.e. a more pronounced 'x') while others seemed to only have one score, and all the variations between (can't scan them, they're gone now).
my guess is that the score is stamped twice as half of the mould (score side) is rotated a little (hence the variations).
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: corolla ]

ruski - granted it's not totally true, there will always be slight deviations in dimensions between various pills, even if they appear to be exactly the same...
But my eyes can't pick any difference between the green 2000s, pink hearts or red lightning bolts. 8mm wide, 3.5mm in depth.
:)
[ 25 June 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

my guess is that the score is stamped twice as half of the mould (score side) is rotated a little (hence the variations).
I'd agree with this. It could happen if the bits that connected the top and bottom of the press together were loose (I'm guessing, never seen a pill press).
Years ago we got some pills in adelaide with incosistent scores where the x on some were more at complete right angles, dividing the pill basically into quarters. When people started talking about an inconsistent x score I thought this is what they meant.
The pills I've seen with the current x score have not been that inconsistent (although I've never had more than a couple to compare). The pics of the x score do look like a wonky press or something, however the pills I've seen with this x score do not look like it is a mistake, but look like this is the shape of the score press, as they are identical and very clean pressed(no rough scrapey bits like these pics).
So is it possible that a type of press has a slightly x score, and people using this have produced good quality pills and got a good reputation, so others have tried to make a similar looking x score which is more dodgy?

Ever thought that the press on the reverse may just be an X-shape anyway? Escpeciialy if the score pattern is consistent amongst a batch...

Yes, that's what I was saying mayday. The ones I've seen do look like its just the shape of the press, but the pics above do look like the press has moved slightly to create the shape.

perhaps the score was purposely placed in that way to identify the batch... it could be like a code so that the creator can recognise it... its a possibility...

Perhaps it's a government conspiricy and the X score pills are all part of a recent bust. The cops have marked them with an aditional score so they can track where the pills end up. They've also laced each pill with a tracer element and soon everyone that has taken one of these pills will be put under a mind control program and we'll be an unwitting part of the latest plot for the western world to fight the communists.

How did you get hold of that information Pleo!
I mean..... Shhhh

its just from fucked up machinery, its not an intentional marketing ploy to distinguish themselves apart, ive seen plenty which have a normal score which is a straight line not touching either end. it seems when that score is pressed the machine has to hit the score twice to create the impression. if you look at the fucked up x scores the single lines are too thin to create the score so the pill needs to be stamped twice, early last year all the scores were fine. my opinion anyway.
[ 26 June 2002: Message edited by: Cowboy Mac ]

i hope you all understand the feedback loop that bluelight has.
you all talk about x-scores, they get a rep for being the "good" pills, people start knocking out copycat x-scores, people talk about em... yadda yadda...

I make pills for a liveing for a major phamacutical company and what you are saying about the pill being double pressed is wrong,there are many pill presses with diff number of punches on them some have 16 or 27,the way thay work is on a rotating bed with holes in this bed and puches under and on top,during one rotation of this bed all 16 or 27 punches will have gone under a presher whell once and it will continue rotating creating a continus roll of pill being made.The reason for the x brake bar(score)is the desing on the punch itself so you could start of with a singel line on puch one and by the time it reaches the finall punch on the cycle you could have a clear x marking and any where in betwen during the cycle it is all to do with how well define the embosed x is on each punch i hope this has cleard things up for you
(sorry about spelling i am new to english language) oh yeah when i say 16 or 27 that is a set top and bottom so it is really 32 or 54 punches and 16 or 27 hole tabs(the holes in the bed were the powder sit before being compressed)also thay probbly use the same set of inconsitant x score punches all the time(to save money and time)thay would only have to re desing 16 or 27 puches with logo's eg abc ja dr 2000 hearts,ect
[ 06 July 2002: Message edited by: oosss ]
[ 06 July 2002: Message edited by: oosss ]

^^^^^
When I started reading that post my first thought was "oh GOD don't say that!"... ;)
But then I went on to read that it's all legit... hehehe... thanks for the post - good to hear from someone that actually knows a bit about this sort of thing... :)