Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mouth clenching, jaw grinding on E

friskk

Bluelighter
Hi,
Last night while attending a Virus party I saw one of the party goers wearing a mouth guard.
Now, I would not have believed this if I had been on anything.. but thank fully I was very very straight. Now, initially I could not believe what I was seeing so I had a closer look.. and yes sure enough this young individual wore a mouth guard.
Now, I sat there for a while and tried to build up the courage to go up and speak to him and ask him why he was wearing one. I chickened out. I must admit being the shy type does have it draw backs... but i digress.
So I found myself asking the question why?
I came to the conculsion that this would a good way to avoid grinding your jaws. Instead of chewing gum you could choose this plastic mouth guard that protects your teeth and jaws. You could probably add a minty paste to it for flavour.
Now I ask you all, would you wear a mouth guard. I think it looked pretty funny myself and I did have a quiet chuckle. My friend next to me took it a step further and laughed his ass off and I had to do my best to stop him from pointing.
Your comments....
F

its actually a great idea, although i probaly wouldnt do it myslef, im sure its more the teeth grinding. It would be far more effective than gum and chuppa chups

That's a great idea, but magnesium vitamin supplements also do wonders! No grinding at all.
I think I'd do this if I didn't have magnesium though. Not at the event, but when I get home and crash, cause I chew the fuck out of my mouth when I sleep.
I'm still nursing an ulcer from Friday/Saturday.

Mouthguard!? I dunno, gurners these days .. what's wrong with chewing your face off old style ??

Haha, never heard of this. Sounds like a good idea.
I chew my gums a lot even when I'm straight.

Man I've been saying this for almost 3yrs...
"Wearing a mouthguard makes you look less like a retard or baby than a dummy does ;) "
Also I'm sure it protects your teeth more than eating a chuppa chup, chewing chewy gum or biting a pacifier would. Short of having magnesium mouthguards really aren't a bad idea at all!

I would say the person you saw was having expensive dental treatment and was advised by his orthodontist to wear the mouthguard at all times to enhance the results.
He unquestionably was not a drug user at all.
Perhaps I should slap myself before someone else does... snicker... :D

Seen this recently as well, but the ones I seen had glow sticks or something like it in them. Looked pretty funny. Oh, and don't bother trying to talk to them. I tried, you either get spat on constantly or you can't understand a word they say! Also, the girl said they dug into her gums and caused more damage than normal. I agree with Luro, you can't beat that 'eating the invisible hamburger' look :)

jb: why would you be looking for a post from me? seriously :) maybe i dont get it.. hehe

heh, 'fess up, you're an old school mouth-guarder from way back... and anyway, i find those bulgy jaw muscles kinda... sexay ;)

I think this is a good idea, i used to have a really bad problem with grinding my teeth and gum's while rolling, now i just just take One 'Blackmores Bio Magnesium' before i go out. Now i don't get any cramps or clenching at all.
biomagnesium.jpg

Look for these in your local supermarket, i've seen them in Coles and Safeway, ive found that they are the best magnesium around, seeing they contain alot of content.
Active Ingredients Per Tablet
Elemental magnesium 300 mg
from
magnesium oxide - heavy 440 mg
magnesium phosphate 175 mg
Calcium ascorbate 250 mg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 50 mg
Vitamin D3 (Colecalciferol 2.5 mcg) 100 IU
Manganese amino acid chelate 40 mg
equivalent to elemental manganese 4 mg

oh you know i told you not to say anything about my mouth guard, and you know i find you sexay too babaaaay!

A mouthguard huh oh my god how embarrassing i get clenching all the time but hell i wouldnt wear a mouthguard.

well..
most dentists will give u a splint (very similar to a mouth guard, but smaller) if you grind your teeth at night like i do..
buggered if i'd ever wear it out pilling though.