• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Tramadol, Klonopin, and Codeine in light dose safe doses?

t2theony

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

Im new to the site and i love the info ive found here so far. its been very helpful. I have a pretty specific question tho that i need help with so that i can be safe with what im gonna try.

Ive been on klonopin prescribed by the doc for panic attacks for the last 4 months (about .5 to 1 mg a day.) and tramadol for post pain surgery for the last year (100 to 150mg a day)

Recently tho ive been havin problems with some of the panic disorder showin its ugly head through the meds and im thinking its one of two things... either my opiate tolerance has grown (i know tramadol is a pretty weak but it was good enough to keep my mood level and the pain away) OR ive grown a tolerance to the klonopin. Im not thinking its the klonopin cuz i took twice my normal dose and its not really helping so im thinking its the opiate part of it.

now my problem... i dont wanna take anymore tramadol cuz i know that it can have its own problems with panic attacks by increasing norepinephrine and i DONT want that.

so my question... im wondering if i add a little codeine syrup to the mix if ill have problems with breathing depression?

my dosing normally goes .5mg kpin and 50mg tramadol every 8 hours... so would it be safe to add 25 mg of codeine elixir to my normal dosing?

i appreciate any input guys i just wanna be safe so i look forward to your responses!! thanx a bunch!

First of all, welcome to Bluelight!

And you did post your question in the right section...

Since you have a tolerance to both the klonopin and tramadol, and the doses are low, adding a little bit of codeine to the mixture shouldn't be a problem, but watch your dosing vary carefully, as opiate + opiate can sometimes knock you on your ass.

If you want to be extra safe, I recommend reducing your klonopin and tramadol doses when adding the codeine to the mixture, making sure you react the way you want to, and then take more if needed.

You can always take more of a drug, its much harder to take less...

Hope this helps man, again, welcome to Bluelight! :)

Threat, i appreciate the super fast response soo much! ive been on the brink of just adding it and seeing how it goes but i wanted some more experienced opinions b4 i tried it so thank you very much.

And as far as the post bein in the right section i dont have a clue if it is i saw that this area was for drug combos and things like that so i figured it would prly be the best place for it... if its not i apologize and plz feel free to move it to the proper area =)

Last edited: