Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

OT: New search engine

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Skydancer has written a new search engine for BL that is worlds of improvement over the old UBB search. The new search engine:
* is much faster than UBB search
* doesn't cause 5 minutes of lag to the forum everytime someone does a search
* allows searching in thread subject/whole thread
* still searches by userid number instead of username (oh well, you can't win em all)
I encourage everyone to try it out - you might even learn something searching through some of the older threads in Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Archive, or the current Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion Forum. Also remember that you can search in all the other forums too, from the same search screen - you don't have to load up each forum page then search. There used to be a 'Search All Forums' option a couple years ago, but I think that was making things a bit slow.
SEARCH and you shall find.
BigTrancer :)

Good work by Skydancer. One thing though, why is the forum list randomly ordered? If I choose 'hop to' at the bottom of a page, the forums are listed orderly. Why aren't they listed this way on the search page. Maybe its just my browser.
Its not a major issue I suppose, just shits me trying to find a particular forum in the list. Search engine does seem a whole lot faster though.

Great work skydancer! It seems alot faster, and now we can search the Archived forums, Hooray!
johnnyonelove: This is just a guess but maybe it is because some posts were created a while before they were last posted/bumped.
[ 17 June 2002: Message edited by: Splatt ]

Great Work
This new search engine works a treat, now i dont have to wait 20 mins to do a search ;)
thanks for the info BT and big ups to SkyDancer for coding the new search engine :)

I'm very impressed. Especially for the amount of threads this board handles, the speed/update is great.
Good work!

Sure ya can Splatt :)
Just enter the member's name or member# and choose "Whole thread".