Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

WTF? speed consumption = hives?

naturalhigh

Bluelighter
jus wondering here, whether anyone has had an experience where some use of whizz can cause breakouts (rash/hives)- not a first time user and neva had a reaction like this b4!
[ 13 June 2002: Message edited by: naturalhigh ]

All the time! I have always thought it to be a common phenomena, but I may be wrong. A base/glucose mix seems to be the worst offender, too. A cortisone cream such as ELOCON, applied several times a day, may be helpful.

I have a friend who is a long time user of speed (4 years), who recently had an allergic reaction to some speed (or something it was cut with) which he'd never experienced before. Anyway he didn't get hives but more like what happens when someone who is allergic to bees gets stung! Stopped breathing and almost died on me! Wasn't a good experience for either of us, he signed himself out of hospital about 4 hours later and after 3 shots of adrenallin! Naturally the doctors were not impressed. First thing he asked me for was a smoke and a bong :)

some1 complained about this 2 me a while ago and the only thing I could compare her reaction to is the reaction a lot of ppl get from DXM especially wen they have 2 much or mix with meth...bad combo I know
Anyway, someone tell me if I'm way off but could it be possible that meth is being cut with DXM? My train of thought stems from this;
a)DXM can give a reaction such as hives.
b)dealers would want to mix DXM with meth coz it increases the FX of meth, making their product stronger (& more dangerous), and using less meth.
c)such a combo could very well produce FX as experienced by friend of *NRG*
now this is just a theory, so please poke as many holes in it as possible....one hole I can think of is that all of the DXM I've seen has been blue, although I've heard of other ppl getting white DXM.
Also are there any common chemicals in DXM and meth which could be the cause of hives?...much more likely scenerio yah?
[ 13 June 2002: Message edited by: Lord Kaos ]

I doubt it was anything like DXM. My mate has since seen a doctor who has cofimed he has some wierd allergies. We think he was just due for a reaction (pretty run down at the time)and by some freak occurance there was something unordinary in the speed. I had the same stuff and it was good quality, nothing unusual I could notice. Plus, he shot up about 3 points, which in my books is to much. Still it definately wasn't an overdose. Never heard of DXM being sold in Adelaide. But was told those filthy yellow @'s and ?'s had it in them. They stank like vitamin c or some other medicine and produced some pretty out there nights! Could have been K though now that I think about it, but I've had that before and this seemed like something new for me. By the way, how was the B-day Lord Chaos?
[ 13 June 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Hives is listed as a 'see your doctor if...' side-effect of pharmaceutical methamphetamine. Almost any prescription or over-the-counter medication can cause hives. Some of those drugs include antibiotics, pain medications, sedatives, tranquilizers, and diuretics (fluid pills). Diet supplements, antacids, arthritis medication, vitamins, eye and eardrops, laxatives, vaginal douches, or any other non-prescription item can be a potential cause of hives.
druginduced.jpg

Drug-induced urticaria (hives)
Basically hives are usually a result of histamine causing plasma to leak out of small blood vessels in the skin. Histamine is released from 'mast cells' that lie alongside the blood vessels. Usually allergic reactions cause the release of histamine - whether that's from drug reactions, allergies to foods, or sometimes unknown causes. Most episodes of hives only last a few days, and can be relatively easy to pinpoint the source - ie. something new in the diet, clothing or other chemical intake that hasn't been used before. Chronic hives lasting months or years (in recurring bouts) are harder to identify the cause, as sometimes accumulated levels of chemical can cause longer term allergies.
The most common foods that cause hives are nuts, chocolate, fish, tomatoes, eggs, fresh berries, and milk. Fresh foods cause hives more often than cooked foods. Food additives and preservatives may also cause hives.
Hives may appear within minutes or up to two hours after eating, depending on where the food is absorbed in the digestive tract.
I guess the best policy would be to discontinue using meth from that source, whether it was something in that particular meth or not. If you notice something else causing the hives, then you could further investigate. Alternatively talk to your doctor about possibilities of any allergies you have causing hive outbreaks similar to what you experienced.
BigTrancer :)

so would there b any common chem in DMX and Meth to cause hives?
*NRG* - a bit off topic but...a mate of mine ordered 1kg of DXM over the internet a little ova a year ago, went thru customs and landed on his doorstep a month L8R...dunno if it can still b done tho. weird shit indeed, fun & cheap!
And fuck yeah, my b'day rocked!!! skipped the coke, coz of BL advice....and discovered the joys of the meth and G combo ;)
get in touch u SA raver!!...check my ICQ

Pha-ew! well yes went to the doc's early AM and got Telfast which relieves itchy skin rash/hives so a couple of hours later it all went away. Tends to thrive esp. in warm conditions but once i got out into the cold winter air the swellings went down...
Have been a long frequent user too, but then again people can develop allergies to certain substrates suddenly later in life... duno will keep fingers crossed till the nex sniff.
Harsh fluro lights made rash on legs look more tragic (plus sleepless factor).. think i had a panic attack as well.
So lesson learnt: -
1) keep room cold
2) skin is sensitive and will react with ur state of mind as well.. the worser you think it's getting - the more it WILL b.
3) ELOCON ointments (mometasone furoate) to keep itching and swelling down if one of youse gets it.
BigT: Thanks for that additional pic - mine didn't look that bad

Lord Kaos: no it's not that dxm contains any common chemical with methamphetamine. As BT explained, it is a reaction seen with many drugs, food etc, that cause histamine release.

so would there b any common chem in DMX and Meth to cause hives?
Umm... I don't know if this answers your question fully, but:
DXM = Dextromethorphan (hydrobromide usually)
Meth = Methamphetamine (hydrochloride presumably)
Therefore these chemicals you mention are single molecules - this means that DXM is DXM only, and meth is meth only... there can't be other 'chemicals' common to each that will cause hives. However, it's possibly that someone's body can allergically react to either of those chemicals, producing histamine, and there you have the hives/itches (particularly the culprit in Robo-Itch).
BigTrancer :)

I don't know anything about drug-induced hives, but I do know that prolonged exertion in overheated conditions (ie dancing all night in great big sweaty clubs and dance parties) can lead to common or garden heat rash, which might appear the same.
Solution: chill!