Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushie madness

scrumpytwo

Bluelighter
Is it possible to have too many mushies. Just located a virtual gold mine of them so am keen to know all.

yes it is possible to have too many 'mushies'.... potassium poisoning is a common ailment that results from the ingestion of our fungal ally on a grandiose scale... i had a friend named 'bob stevens' who died a quick death after ingesting 55,609 swamp marsh suckers last fall... very nasty... vomiting up intestines etc..
beware the jabberwock, my son! the jaws thsat bite! thew claws that catch!

Just like anything else there is a limit to how much of a substance the body can handle, you can overdose on water if you drink enough. This page at erowid shows a rough dosage guide and is interesting to note the LD50 is 250 mg/kg, meaning you will need to eat a substantial amount before it is fatal. On the other hand you will make yourself quite ill at a dose well below this level, but you can't enjoy your trip if you’re throwing your guts up so I see no point in dosing large amounts.

I've seen certain areas decimated because of over-picking....in these spots I usually only find 10-20 in 3 hours.....5 years ago there used to be thousands. Luckily I still have a few secret patches. These patches have so many it's hard not to take too much (altho I try 2 limit myself), so I usually boil up the mushies and whatever juice I have left after a night I freeze....then unfreeze and take at my leisure.
I've found drying them out reduces potency, smoking does fuck all, xcept give u a bit of a buzz...storing juice is definately the best way.
Another method for storing is keeping the mushies in honey, u can store em there for months, then u get magic honey, which is quite tasty and quite intoxicating - magic honey on toast - the perfect breakfast ;)
Take what you need (I usually need between 5 and 10, or a 1/4 of a cup of juice) and preserve the crop for future generations.
[ 09 June 2002: Message edited by: Lord Kaos ]

To quote the late, great Terrance mcKenna:
"When in doubt, double the dose. Only when one is slayed by the power of the mushroom does its meaning become clear" However, unless you are equipped to deal with meeting the mushroom spirit and realising that we are highly evolved beings at the end of the universe remembering our evolution and that is all this life is, then i would refrain from eating to many at a time, it can get tumultuous at times.

Taken from the post apollo posted a link for.
The mushrooms didn't directly kill my friend, it was hypothermia.
I'm not promoting everyone to take mushrooms, but I just wanted to make it clear that the mushrooms were not a direct cause of the death.

has there ever been a confirmed death from Psilocybin OD?
I tried looking a few yrs back and could only find 1 (in hawaii i think), but there were holes in the story, which suggested the person actually died from eating the wrong sort, altho it was reported as a MM OD

I dont think Psilocybin has had any reported direct deaths. But you hear about people eating the wrong type and losing a liver.

God I'm looking forward to this weekend...
Plenty of rain over the next couple of days means plenty of new mushies will be popping up everywhere by the weekend!!!
All I gotta say is head for the hills! ;)

.. yeah and check them for maggots! :)
I had to throw out mine after i found they had maggots in them, i posted something about this in Psychedelic Discussion :)

--snip--
From what I can tell they tend to grow around pine trees, and they like tanbark garden beds as well.
[ Edit: please do not request or supply sources - this includes asking where mushies grow ]
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]
[ 24 June 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]