• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What did I do to myself? (IV missed vein,cant move fingers w/o pain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missytard

Greenlighter
I have been IVing for only like 2 months and I suck at it, I have had to resort to using the veins in the top of my hand and my wrists, (not even the underside of them) I missed a vein today and got a lump, I have had these lumps before from missing and they go away eventually. Its not the lump that concerns me, when I missed I also hit something, & felt a really sharp pain! Now when i move any of my fingers it is really sharp pains that go down my hand to the point of injection where I have the lump. Did I hit a muscle, did I wreck something in my hand, The pain is so bad i am only typing with my right hand now cuz i cant move my fingers without intense pain. Has this happened to anyone? I know its my fault, and I dont plan on IVing AGAIN! (I use 12mg hydromorph pills)The pain feels like it is only going to get worse tomorrow, and I dont know if I should apply hot or cold. Someone please tell me I am not fucked. Most of all I want to know what it means when u go too deep with a needle and feel a sharp pain? is it muscle, virgin tissue or what? When I missed I dont kno how I missed, cuz i retracted blood into the syring like it was a good vein, the spot where I shot was on the top part of my wrist right at the joint following the main big vein in the top of your hand, follow that down, and thats where it was, now there is obviously a fukking painful ass lump, but thats notthing compared to the pain i feel when i make a fist, or move my fingers.

hmmm sounds like you may have pricked a nerve...i know how painful injecting in your hand is, i used to do it when i couldnt get into the veins on my arm. The skin is really thin there so its easier to "poke through"

try putting a warm compress on it, and if all else fails and you are still in pain go to the ER.

Happens to me. Rub the lump, it will hurt. Heat the lump, it will hurt. 3 days of hurt and it will start to hurt less.

Honestly, if you're IVing any type of pill, you should be really really careful. If you don't filter properly, you're going to have trouble with cysts and such. I had a pretty bad cyst on my arm, and went to the doctor who prescribed me some basic antibiotics (I think it was antibiotics) that eventually decreased the swelling and the pain.

But then again, I dont know how bad you screwed your shot up, so I can't tell you what's wrong with your hand. I've also heard that shooting in your hands is a pretty delicate ordeal. I've never banged in those veins, but I've heard that it's very easy to miss. Even if your getting a red flag in your syringe, there's a possibility that you moved the needle or did something else you didn't notice and messed up. You should definitely get that checked out if the pain is really that horrible...

I have done this before. I got better by the next day, with a little soreness for a day or two. You hit a nerve :( Sorry for your pain ..you will hurt for a few hours to a few days. I am not a doctor, but From where you said you did your dose i am pretty sure you hit a nerve. Can also make your whole hand numb as well. If you start to swell up or get worse always go to the ER

so, if you suck at it, why are you still doing it? why don't you try a different ROA? you can really hurt yourself if you're not careful and well informed both in procedure and practice. be smart, duder, and you won't lose your arm.

sounds like a nerve, same thing happened to my friend. I would try to improve your injecting technique, because if you fuck up like that too much, things could get bad. I knew a homeless guy who fucked up the nerves in his ankle so much that his entire foot was permanently swollen almost twice the size, and I've seen other people that can no longer close there hands.

However this probably wont happen to you, but just be careful. I would not use the veins in my hand to start off with. go with the common one in the crook of your elbow, even if its hard to hit, practice man, because there's no excuse for a new shooter to be slamming into his hands (unless your going crazy shooting coke))

I have been IVing for only like 2 months and I suck at it, I have had to resort to using the veins in the top of my hand and my wrists, (not even the underside of them) I missed a vein today and got a lump, I have had these lumps before from missing and they go away eventually. Its not the lump that concerns me, when I missed I also hit something, & felt a really sharp pain! Now when i move any of my fingers it is really sharp pains that go down my hand to the point of injection where I have the lump. Did I hit a muscle, did I wreck something in my hand, The pain is so bad i am only typing with my right hand now cuz i cant move my fingers without intense pain. Has this happened to anyone? I know its my fault, and I dont plan on IVing AGAIN! (I use 12mg hydromorph pills)The pain feels like it is only going to get worse tomorrow, and I dont know if I should apply hot or cold. Someone please tell me I am not fucked. Most of all I want to know what it means when u go too deep with a needle and feel a sharp pain? is it muscle, virgin tissue or what? When I missed I dont kno how I missed, cuz i retracted blood into the syring like it was a good vein, the spot where I shot was on the top part of my wrist right at the joint following the main big vein in the top of your hand, follow that down, and thats where it was, now there is obviously a fukking painful ass lump, but thats notthing compared to the pain i feel when i make a fist, or move my fingers.

This is bad news, missy. A similar situation happened with me. I went too deep in the crook of my arm, and seriously fucked up a nerve, or a muscle. The exterior track healed, and it looked normal on the outside. But for 3 weeks, i.couldnt move that arm without terrible pain coming from my crook. It never swelled up, so i figured it would heal on its own. If you have any doubts re your well being, immediately seek medical attention. Be safe!

Yeah this happened to me before too..and just like people said, you just have to wait it out the pain stays for a few days the most but let us know how it went cuz i'm a be worried bout u!

i did this the first time i ever shot right around the same spot as u i almost felt like i broke a little bone in my hand it felt like whenever i elevated my arm the blood rushing to my hand would hurt so bad their was only certain positions i could hold my arm an hand without it being extremely painful for me it went away after a week but it was a very extremly painful week an i was worried just like you i had a big lump on hand an everything it sucked but like i said mine healed on its own after a week but if u really think u did serious damage id get it looked at

^Pressure on the nerve from the injected drug and related swelling.

I did this too on the radial (inside part under thumb) part of the wrist. It was painful and then 5 seconds later, I was feeling a tingly sensation in my hand. It was ballooning up for 3 days, it turned out that fluid was building up inside of it. It was mistaken as tendinitis, actually that's kind of true because I hit the tendon and injected into it. I had to take corticosteroids for a week and it went away.

*** My doc told me to ice it a lot, but when I got the medicine.... I didn't ice it at all. The medicine was Prednisone 10mg. I bought 15 pills at Walgr**ns for $12 without any insurance. The first day you take 5 pills then 4 the next and so on. He also stated these could cause withdrawals.

Last edited:
You might try applying a compress of DMSO (70%) several times a day. DMSO will absorb into the skin and dissipate much of the stuff stuck under the skin.

Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong on this account, or if there are any negative consequences of doing this I'm not aware of.

Hydromorphone has a certain amount of insoluble junk in it that will just stay there. Like getting a bad cut and having some sand/dirt get jammed in under your skin. If you shoot pills always use proper micron filtering technique. I have some bad LONG LASTING side effects from not micron filtering my pills in the early days. Fucking stupid on my part.

If you live anywhere in the Washington State area I could help you learn to inject properly. Sorry if this offer violates any rules.

mod note: red text is reserved for moderating use thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
that sharp/electric pain should porbably leave in a few days,if its worse after that go get to the hospital.if you ever going to use again please have some basic safety,2 months is way fast to kill your arm veins.at least cotton,even cigarette filter it.re register if you think you slipped.use a clean 28-29g,read up on IV use here or elsewhere,or learn it from an expeienced person.simple things go a long way in preventing damage

You might try applying a compress of DMSO (70%) several times a day. DMSO will absorb into the skin and dissipate much of the stuff stuck under the skin.

Please correct me anyone if I'm wrong on this account, or if there are any negative consequences of doing this I'm not aware of.

Hydromorphone has a certain amount of insoluble junk in it that will just stay there. Like getting a bad cut and having some sand/dirt get jammed in under your skin. If you shoot pills always use proper micron filtering technique. I have some bad LONG LASTING side effects from not micron filtering my pills in the early days. Fucking stupid on my part.

I am sorry to hear you have long lasting side effects - what are they - if you don't mind me asking?

what u shot anyway...

i always stayed away from back of wrists not a good place to shot up imo.. top of hands always seemed ok ...u gonna bust them lil bity veins on the back of ya wrist 9 of 10 times

Sorry, I'm going to close this.

Check out the IV complications mega thread next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.