• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The cops and their crazy online antics....

Wiretrippa

Bluelighter
So many times since I joined Bl have I seen someone go that step too far in giving out info about their substance usage. usually someone has the sanity to pull them up short, but other times these remarks stand or are added to by others.
Unfortunately, some idiot told the police that they have the internet on computers now, and hence it's safe to assume that somewhere out there a half-assed attempt to bring all of us in is going on.
So what I want to know is, how much thought do you give to posting drug-related info on BL? What sorts of information are you willing to make known about your personal usage? And does anyone have any accounts (no urban myths please) of net-related ass-bustery by the Powers That Be?
Mods, I put this post in here because it seemed more relevant here than over in Social. This section is far more specific in its' subject matter, and I want real replies, not opinions and trolls. Cheers.
Wire.

My advice would be to not give specific information about anything but past drug use. Reporting a prior drug experience is not incriminating, but reporting possession of chemicals, intent to buy/supply, or indicating that you intend to be taking a quantity of drugs at a particular venue is particularly unadvisable IMHO.
Also take care that unnecessary personal details are not supplied in your Bluelight profile, or any other personal profile that is accessible using information in your BL profile (ie. ICQ profile if your ICQ# is listed, webpages if you list a private URL, or [email protected] etc.).
Busts have been made following blatant discussion of upcoming drug use - there were busts at a private party in america that was heavily advertised on bluelight. Some believe that information from the bluelight forums/profiles directly assisted police leading to arrests. There was also a series of busts in Perth in recent times, and it is suspected by some that information from bluelight was used to assist police.
Put quite simply, these pages are public and anyone has access to read them. You should therefore assume that everything you post will be read by a police officer or journalist. Be discreet. There are rarely cases where specifically detailed accounts of your personal drug use are necessary. If you're requesting information it should be sufficient to ask about a particular kind of drug, with a description of the drug, rather than asking about your 'new batch of pills for the party on the weekend'. Use common sense, don't advertise your own possession of drugs.
BigTrancer :)

Apart from what BT has mentioned I’ve heard of no busts related to postings on BL, but I don’t doubt they may have happened. The police definitely watch this site - of that I have no doubt whatsoever. Let’s face it, it’s cheaper, and would achieve greater integration than a group of checkered shirted under-covers trying to ‘crack the club scene’.
Last year I was speaking with a senior police official and the subject of Bluelight came up. Yes BL was monitored (even contributed to) by police. I was told the principle use at that time was to assist in identifying large distribution circles by connecting state networks. If a group was busted in Perth for importing a certain pill, and the same pill was reported in Sydney on BL or pillreports, the cops know they didn’t get all the syndicate, or look to associate suspected connections in that state.
Pretty much all big time stuff, and not likely to involve small time users, but realistically you never know. There is probably little reason to check you out if you are ‘noted’ by police as a BL contributor. But if you are already being investigated, any and all such information could be considered useful to authorities.
As BT has pointed out, it is important that posts be worded correctly. Recently, some people may have been upset by mods closing what the poster thought was an innocent enough thread, comparable to similar thread topics which have not been closed.
In light of recent media portrayals of Bluelight DD, it is important there is no doubt about the intentions of the site, so think about how a question or comment is phrased. Although it is obvious that discussion about recent pills is important for harm minimization, it also has to be considered ‘safer’ to only speak intimately of personal experiences which occurred 'some time ago'.
A recent thread I would have liked seen further discussed was that of the LSA question posted a week or so ago and closed by Fry-d for being inappropriate. If this had been reworded (even as mods have done with other threads), I think the subject would have deserved and received some stimulated discussion, as LSAs wese once commonly used in NZ and possibly still are.
thread 2CB/LSA
So if you are posting, try to phrase your inquiry so it’s relevant to harm minimization e.g. anyone had any experiences with LSA? Is use more prevalent in certain parts of Australia? What are the dangers etc?

As far as I understand it, one 'reason' the cops (or more likely the feds) have for targeting users is the possibility that they may roll over and give up someone higher up in the chain.
In light of this certain parties might be interested in postings relating to say large quantities (like "my mates and I got 100 pills for only 25 bucks each!!"), harder to find stuff like 2cb, if that happens to be the feds flavour of the month, etc.
While these sorts of posts might not make you particularly interesting to the cops, they may well be interested in trying to find out the people you know. While you might get caught at a meetup, or similar, with only a personal amount you have to be prepared for the inevitable question..."so who did you buy this off, tell us and we'll go easy on you, don't tell us and..."
cheers,
hux.

bluelight is worried about its image, it wants all that sponsors money, and this means, that our drug discussion forum has to be clean, no direct talking about drugs.... no unwanted media attention.. zzzz
BTWif you are silly enough to brag about your drug situation then you 'deserve' to be caught by the political pawns, as we have to do what they say or else we will be removed from society for creating a disturbance, good or bad

It seems deepr is in his/her own special way, admitting to drug use....
Cause that sounded a hell of a lot like scat talk. ;)

^^^^
LOL
*settles down with a deep breath*
Hmmmm, a picture of more than 19 pills. Let me see, what does that equate to.... Ummm, yes that's right trafficing and that often carries a jail sentence. Then once you get out, you won't be able to get a decent job for years.
What a nuff nuff!
Please, think people.

one thing i do to keep the police away is i use a different nick here than i use on other messageboards.
on other messageboards i am more likely to give information such as what event i am going to, or even the area i live.
so i use a different name here so i can't be linked to the other name.

^^^^
Police could easily force Bluelight or any other forum/net service (by means of a warrant) to hand over your ip address and thus catching you. Not a very bright move.
And posting "information such as what event i am going to, or even the area i live" is even more unwise, are you trying to get events raided or what?

yes i know they can get my ip
they can get yours too
i don't think you understand my point.
some people here, use the same login on several different messageboards (eg, jakoz) whereas i don't. how could the police work out that startenhash from bluelight is the same person as buffyfan3 on the buffy forums?
as for posting what event i go to or what area i live - i don't mean on drug messageboards, i mean on a music discussion board, where i use a different name, i will say "yeah i am going to that event"
i don't say "yeah i am going to that event and taking drugs"
i don't like your tone goo-ee, don't treat me as if i am stupid when you are the one who didn't understand my post.

All good advice so far. I just have a couple of things to add:
As with all online content, you should assume that anything you post will go on-record forever. I know of Usenet archives from 10+ years ago - this content is much the same.
The other thing is: don't underestimate law enforcement. I think that many bluelighters like to thing of law enforcement as technologically incompetent. While this may be true in some cases, when there is something as important as your personal freedom at stake, I think that it is worth thinking of the worst-case scenario: consider an adversary who is highly intelligent, and well-informed.
Just my 2 cents...

what i love these days is the 'coded sms' my friends all use that i'm sure wouldn't help shit in the end.. like 'so uh can you get some of those small round icecreams for me? and how much?' and dumb shit like that :)
then there's my paranoid-as-fuck friends who're scared to carry their mobiles around because "THEY can trace you no matter where you are.. they're out there, they're after me' and all that :)
i dunno, it's all too dodgy lately, maybe we can make like a drug commune somewhere in the desert.
condolences to blers who've been fucked over as well :(

I was thinking about this issue the other day, while I was reading the British part of the site. You should see some of the stuff those guys write- it's unbelievably incriminating. I don't know if the laws over there are different to ours, or if they simply haven't thought of the consequences- but they discuss all kinds of things. In the past I've seen threads mention how many pills they have in their possession, where they're going to take drugs on the weekend, even what certain dealers look like at certain clubs.

Meanwhile a small gaggle of officers are huddled around the station computer pissing themselves with laughter.