Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

New Pill Reporting System

GEATeam

Bluelighter
Hello,
Lately we've noticed many people complaining about pillreports.com. From dealers posting, false reports, vague, inaccurate and bullshit reports, lack of user rating system etc.
We are in the process of building a more comprehensive ecstacy database to promote and encourage harm minimisation.
If you would like to get involved please email us at [email protected]
Our aim is to create a system which can more accurately and objectively analyse and report on a pills contents and effects.
We will be considering all suggestions, so please feel free to add your ideas/thoughts. We'll also be looking for people to help us out on an ongoing basis.
Thanks,
The Global Ecstacy Awareness team

GEATeam you may wish to contact the various testing groups and get some feedabck from the.
The one that I know of can be contacted at [email protected]

wat language are u planning on writing the scripts in? wat sort of DB?....i may b able 2 help depending on ure answers to my q's....that's if u need a programmer ;)

For all its inadequacies, i think pillreports works (at least in australia), because of the sheer number of people reporting on pills...
Dealers may be able to 'up' their wares, but five 'users' will be able to refute the claims...
i think any new system would only work if you had the number of regular posters that pillreports has...

yeh, i see nothin wrong with pillreports.com, you rarely find a single report stating that a pill is the good, its usually accompanied by multiple reports from other ppl.

Originally posted by *HappyApple*:
Dealers may be able to 'up' their wares, but five 'users' will be able to refute the claims...

what if those 5 'users' aren't able to *refute* the claims cause they are in hospital? can anyone say Yellow McDonalds??..

^^^^I don't mean to criticise, but if 5 people are in hospital after taking dodgy pills, I'm sure the rest of us will find out pretty quickly ie those people don't exist in a vacuum.

One thing that may b of benefit would b 2 have some sort of search engine that searched for a pill on all of the pill report type sites and displayed the results on the one site.
This of course would only b possible with the cooperation from the admins of these sites.
....It might b beta approaching pillreports.com and offering your services if you wish to make it better tho, as most ppl do use it and it would b difficult getting ppl to change over to a new system.
Know what u mean about server reliability tho....I don't know who there web host is, but sometimes it seems like it's hosted on a personal DSL link, not a dedicated web server.

lord kaos, why bother having a global search of all sites, why not just have one site with a search function ? to my knowledge pillreports is the only decent sized website of its kind why split the user base by making another site? just contribute to pillreports to make it better

^^^ exactly. why re-invent the wheel? sure there are problems but to start again completly? and how can this system be truly objective, if you still rely on subjective user reports?
the problem isn't users, it is the fact that many countries dont allow lab testing, and the publication of verifiabal results that can be used side by side with pillreports. pillreports is irrelevant in counries like the Netherlands and Germany where there are wide ranging lab testing programs. pillreports is less relevant but still important in countries like America and the UK where there is limited lab testing programs. pillreports is vital in countries like Australia where there are no lab testing programs.
How can your your site change this?

Originally posted by roof_boy:
^^^^I don't mean to criticise, but if 5 people are in hospital after taking dodgy pills, I'm sure the rest of us will find out pretty quickly ie those people don't exist in a vacuum.
yeah, the rest of us are fine, what about the people in Hospital dude...!! :\

the fact that you can say "yellow macdonalds and everyone knows what you mean says something for the imporatance of pillreports.com...

the reason why I thought it might b handy 2 have a global search (even if it is part of pillreports) is because sometimes I like to search sites that do GS testing, mostly for the imports I get, in the hope that I can find out exactly wats in a pill.
It also can give u info on tracking down the origins of a pill, although this isn't really usefull to anyone I'd care 2 talk about.
Anyway if u read my post u'd c I already came to the same conclusion u have;
It might b beta approaching pillreports.com and offering your services if you wish to make it better tho, as most ppl do use it and it would b difficult getting ppl to change over to a new system.

since pillreport has gone, i havent been able to find any other sites. would anyone be able to help me?

www.pillreports.com
^^ note the s after report.
also there is a link to it in the main part of this forum.
Just look for
Main Forum FAQ - Australia/Asia/NZ/Middle East Drug Discussion FAQ.
Pillreports.com - Database for measuring global quality of ecstasy pills.
Hope this helps :)
[ 23 May 2002: Message edited by: wazza ]

I'm with JB on this one, wouldn't your efforts be best spent coming up with ideas to improve pillreports? How will you stop people from posting bogus information? Surely having moderators on the site is the best solution, something pillreports allready has. Pillreports is known globaly and the sheer volume of reports reflects this.
If you have some better ideas personally I think your efforts would be best spent trying to improve an allready well established site rather than making another site. If your primary goal is Harm Minimisation I'm sure you can understand that your energies will be noticed far more quickly on an allready well known site with a large number of users rather than trying to promote a new site.
[ 24 May 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

and the thing is if you come to Jase with concrete ideas, and preferably coding to go with it, he is more than happy to make it part of pillreports.com.
take the WAP implementation. someone approached him and said i could make your site WAP'd, here's how, Jase agreed, and it was made so. This is the sort of cooperation that's needed, solutions presented, rather than endless whining of "why can't it be better?".

agree with johnboy, use what is already established (the domain, regular traffic etc.) and build your code and submit it to him.