Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NSW - Random Drug Searching on Public Transport

wazza

Bluelighter
POLICE will have the power to carry out random drug searches on public transport passengers from this weekend, NSW Attorney-General Bob Debus said.
The new regulations will allow police with sniffer dogs to carry out random drug searches on suspects using trains, light rail or buses and prescribed public transport routes.
The search powers will also extend to train stations, platforms and any other stopping places, Mr Debus said.
Mr Debus said the powers were part of sweeping changes allowing police using sniffer dogs to randomly search patrons at pubs, clubs and other entertainment venues including sporting events, concerts, dance parties and parades.
"The laws first came into effect on February 22, 2002," he said.
"Until now, police have been able to search areas not covered in the legislation by obtaining warrants in the usual way under section eight of the acts."
Well, watch out your people in NSW on public transport..
full article at news.com.au link
but I quoted the full article anyway

Hey, thanks for th info.
I often use the trains and buses to get to venues around Sydney. What is eth best way to conceal from Sniffer Dogs. usually carrying pills in my undies in saddies, more recently slightly does with curry powder to kill the scent. is this enough?
in one way I think it is a good idea that this is allowed, as it stops dodgy street dealers selling shitty pills... but on the other hand it is slack as decent, harmless party-goers have a higher risk of getting caught.
Cheers
Pendulum

I feel sorry for the Aussies. You guys have it even worse than we Americans do. :(

This is fucked up i do believe! It has its pros and cons! But pretty much fucked up!

yeah... overall it is a bad thing. Just gonna make us clubbers and ravers all that more nervous and anxious on the way to clubs etc etc...
More often then not you travel by public transport, so you dont have to drive anywhere when you are a: tired and b: off chops..
Bit of a bummer really

fairnymph: oddly enuf its only the northern states that are this bad. victoria still seems to be pretty relaxed about all of this.

Shh JB you'll give them ideas. I can just see some conservitive twat saying 'we must not fall behind in the war on blah blah'
Random searching is pretty fucked up. Does the end really justify the means? I don't think so.

government - 233544564574532423
australian public - 0

I think the government must have misplaced/burnt that little, and apparently unimportant sheet of paper stating personal privacy rights.
Maybe Kim Beaslys(sp) fat arse just ate it.

Brisbane people need to be aware that this is coming to sunny Queensland soon as well. We believe the relevant pooches are currently in finishing school and will be systematically eroding your civil rights in the next few months. Probably a good time to brush up on your "Know your rights" stuff. Stay tuned for further action on this front in Brisbane.

SO fark me, what if you were wearing a pair of pants, that you wore out to your last event, that happened to have a very small sample accidently (say powder) dropped in the pocket and you were on PT?.. and some farking mongrel dog sniffed you with a copper attached to the other end?
Personal Rights = out the window..
Soon you wont be able to go anywhere at all without a random expention!

*The sarcasm starts now*
Wow I won't be catching public transport anymore I think I'll get fucked up and drive my 1966 Fairlane ( you know, the one with the heavy steering and the dim headlights ) Gee my friends won't want to PT it either..... oh well thay can ride with me......
* end sarcasm *
nice one aus government your zero tolerence attitude is sure to beat a harm minimisation strategy

O how the trains to Olympic park will be FUN NOW !
Its probably beacause the nsw police sercive just had 300 or sumtin new rercruits (Biggest class ever) and they now have officers to coduct this bullshit.

Eubonics raises and intersting point. If the police do run a scare campaign and people start to feel they will be targeted on public transport coming home from events and such this is likely to make people more likely to jump in their car off chops. What will spending money on searches on random public transport users acheive?
Well they might nab the odd 15 year old pot smoker with half a stick, I'm sure anyone carrying any substantial amount of anything wouldnt be stupid enough to be caught on a public train.
Well done NSW police you've taken another two steps back....

Ok the civil liberties guy who said on the news.
"this is going to do nothing but target drug users while the mr bigs still drive aorund in there BMW'S"
O SO FUCKING TRUE

All they need to do is put a couple of dogs at the ticket gates at Olympic Park station before an event and they'll basically catch all the drugs coming into a rave.
It's pretty scary stuff!
This means I'm going to have to drive everywhere now.

just heard on the news... will take effect from FRIDAY....
Anyone taking the train out to * on Saturday???
Yeah, really nice way to keep people fucked on drugs off the roads.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is just another attempt by the Police to make the public think they're making any progress on the "war on drugs"
Fuck you Costa.