Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

unbearable nausea while rolling

yeeya

Bluelighter
A good friend of mine has recently tried e with us, she has now had three all up in the space of approx 6 months, each time she has had really bad nausea when the pill comes on(wich is normal) but it continues and comes on in waves and can take over the whole experience, it has been pretty much the same on all three occasions on different pills each time. The pills were all good as we had the same, a couple were strong pills but the last was average yet the same amount of nausea.
Is there anything she can take to minimise this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
R E S P E C

I've had the same problem, your friend should try taking an antacid (Quickeeze or the like) when they feel the nausea.
It might be their stomach increasing the amount of acid, which in turn makes you feel like hurling to get rid of it.
If they feel it coming on, they should also find a cool, quiet place to chill for a while and calm down.
If the symptoms persist, the only other thing I can suggest is to (sadly) not take the pill. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about these things can help.

Im just guessing here but get her to try smokin a joint when she feels nauseous(sp?)

Ummmmmm.... if she has been ill every time she is having it she may not be able to handle that amount...
If she is taking the whole thing at once then try a half and then wait til that comes on and then throw down the other half(if she wants that much).
Antacid is a damn good idea and should have it about 1/2 hour after you drop before you get your first harsh waves.
---------------------
I am the very model of a modern major general...

Some people can be extremely sensitive to MDMA and as a result a normal dose for you can be large enough for them to cause nausea. Sometimes taking half or even quarter of a pill can help in these situations as to make the comeup more subtle and not overwhelming to the point of sickness. If it is an adverse reaction in the stomach sometimes the best remedy can be changing your administration method completely. Would they consider plugging?
The antacids can be a good idea for that comeup anxiety type nausea I've found but I doubt how effective they would be for serious stomach pains.
If things like this don't help the situation there is a small possibility that the individual may be reacting with the MDMA on a more serious level. I'm not to sure how common allergic reactions to MDMA are or what symptoms to look for but I think it would be a more severe reaction. I'm sure someone with more medical knowledge than myself will offer their input.

as I posted in a thread titled:
vomiting on the come up & eating vs not eating
(BT or someone, can you link - I am a spaz)
a really simple answer for an upset tummy on a big night out can be peppermint lifesavers or steamrollers (if you can find em).
They both contain actual peppermint oil which really helps to settle the tummy even if you have already spuked - pep lifesavers have saved many a buddy of mine from having to go home earlier than planned...
that thread also has lots of other good advice

I no this is going to sound discusting. but its personal preference and wot works for u.
but sometimes I find going to the toilets and inducing a spew solves the sick feeling problem.

If your feeling queasy better out than in is my motto :)
As pig tails pointed suprisingly we've discussed nausea on the come up before:Vomiting on the come up & eating vs not eating
However noting that the nausea continues throughout the roll I'd like someone elses opinion whether that is an idicator that its not the common come up stomach pains.

Thanks for your help ppl, I will suggest to her to try the quickeaz, or similar but as the nausea persists throuout the roll I think it may be psycological, hopefully using the antacid will help her relax and enjoy it. If it is an inability to metablize due to a low number of the required liver enzyme is it possible to supplement something that maximizes the amount of that enzyme?

We all have a truckload of serotonin receptors in our gastrointestinal tract, which get stimulated by MDMA like the ones in your brain do. For some people this doesn't cause problems. For others however, it means nausea, vomitting, gas/burping, diarrhoea and/or abdo pain during or after e. Chances are your friends GIT is just more sensitive to this than other peoples, and therefore it probably isn't anyhting serious. Although it is of course distressing.
I doubt plugging would relieve this, and in fact may make it worse if she plugged the same amount she would take orally (due to the increased absorption via plugging). She could try taking the pill in halves, so it doesn't come on as strong. Some Dexsal or Emetrol (OTC at chemists) may help (although I have never tried it, they do relieve nausea). I guess you would have to decant some into a little jar or bottle to take into a venue though. Or herbal wise, ginger capsules are supposed to relieve nausea.