Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Thesis on Australian law and ecstasy

Captain Tim

Bluelighter
Hey everyone!
I am currently doing Honours as part of my Law degree at the Australian National University. The working title of my thesis is:
'An Evaluation Of Legal Strategies' Efficacy In Combating Ecstasy Use Within The Australian Capital Territory’s Dance Community'.
My thesis will be divided into three Parts:
'Past' – Conduct a genealogy of ecstasy's illegality in Australia. Problematise its illegal status in light of effects, harm, scientific research and legal goals.
'Present' – From both theoretical and empirical perspectives, review and critically assess the appropriate A.C.T. legislative schemes as well as the AFP's specific operations.
'Future' – Having deconstructed whether current legal strategies achieve the objectives behind criminalising ecstasy, propose innovative and more effective responses for legislators and police.
Anyway ... just thought i'd put it out there and let you know. 12000 words later i'll probably post it here if a journal doesn't hold copyright. :p BTW, please email me if you know/have anything that could be useful. A zillion thanks.
Captain Tim
[email protected]

I'm looking forward to reading it. If you haven't already then I'd recommend also posting this in Aus DD as I'm sure many would be very interested in reading what you have to say.

Great ...can't wait to read the end product....
I think this thread should be moved/copied to Aus Social..To get more of a response and maybe some help with the Thesis....What yah rekon Mods
BCR

Should be moved to Drug Discussion. Something like this is not the fluff and blather that occurs in social, and its more appropriate a topic anyway for DD.

If it does get published, please list the journal reference, it'll make some good reading for the procastinating law student.

Might do some good to mention it in aus.legal as well. (Usenet)
[ 01 May 2002: Message edited by: Bootlegger ]

/me waves to Captain Tim, long time no see. :)
From the perspective of a person involved in CBRs Harm Reduction group Code Blue, i'd be very interested in reading this once complete. Tim if you don't post it up could you email it to me at:
[email protected]
Cheers~
DJC*

Thanks for the support everybody! I have a lot of work to do before it gets written (e.g. at moment im trying to get ANU Ethics Committee clearance so I can interview police), but I'll be sure to point you all to the final result. :)
BANNED: Medical issues/research will be covered in Part 1. Due to the limited scope of my topic, I will only be discussing research on effects from recreational use, not its potentially beneficial use for treating medical conditions.
DJC: I will send you a copy. :) If possible, I would like to talk to you later in the year about the group you are involved with. Could be useful for Part 3.
Thanks again,
CT