Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Motion sickness while speeding/pilling.

Andromeda

Bluelighter
I dont get motion sickness at all when im straight, but it seems that when i have had some meth, and some pills, that about halfway thru my chopping day i cannot go for a drive (dont worry, the driver is sober, and i dont drive) for longer than 5 mins without getting severe motion sickness. It really gets so bad sometimes that it ruins my day.
It doesnt happen when i am tripping (Thankfully!), and it doesnt happen at the start of my pill, just in the middle.
Ive found that smoking a bit of weed tends to calm it down enough to make me be able to smile again (being an anti-nausea type drug), but im not a smoker and i dont like the downturn it brings to the pills. Sometimes i wish i could just take a dramamine and go about my day!
Does anyone know what to do in this situation, or has experienced it before? because i love going on drives to beautiful places while chopped and i dont like feeling sick just to get there.
Anyone? help would be very much appreciated!
Andromeda :)
p.s. im posting this on the health forum too, just incase.

I'd definitely avoid taking dramamine with MDMA, to avoid putting yourself at risk of a bad trip or uncomfortable body load.
Dramamine contains the active chemical dimenhydrinate, which is frequently used in OTC sleep aids, motion sickness preparations, and allergy medicines. Dimenhydrinate is actually a very strong psychedelic when taken in sufficient dose, and is classed as an anticholinergic/antihistamine (meaning it blocks the action of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine in the brain). The high from a dimenhydrinate (or diphenhydramine hcl) trip isn't overly pleasant for many reasons, including massive body load, extreme dry mouth, frighteningly real visions that don't seem like hallucinations, and sometimes ironically - nausea.
It's advisable to avoid MAOIs when using dramamine.
Erowid --> Plants & Drugs --> Dimenhydrinate FAQ
BigTrancer :)
BigTrancer :)

Thanks for the info BT, i dont ever take dramamine, even on plane flights, its bad nasty shit but you know... sometimes you just wish you could!
ive had stemetil (prochlorperazine) before, when i had a bit of a bad e time stomach-wise, and went to hospital, but that was only when the pill was on the downside. it seemed to work fine with no ill effects.
but what im really after here is why i get sick only when im on some type of amphetamine and going for a drive, and how i can stop it.
dankies!
Andromeda :)

This prolly gonna sound condesending, but it isn't meant to be, try closing your eyes whenever the motion sickness builds to nauseating levels

In addition to what I wote in Health, you don't want to take Stemetil or Maxolon (metaclopramide) directly before or during e or speed. They are both dopamine antagonists, meaning they will decrease the effects of e and speed.
You can get ginger capsules at the supermarket (Blackmore's is one brand), these may be better than the tea.

You could try acu-pressure bands. I used to get hideous motion sickness as a child and it pissed my partents off so much they sought 'alternative' therapy. I think you can buy then from chemists now. Dont cost much, last for years and no drugs involved. They worked a treat for me.
They are just little bands that go around your wrists and there is a little "nobble" that presses in to your wrist. The same principle as acupuncture but less invasive. Keep them on for the duration of the journey.
BTW, does anyone else like to be driven around whilst rolling? I love it. Mind you, I would probably have enjoyed being on board the Kursk if I had enough MDMA. Forget I mentioned it.
[ 30 April 2002: Message edited by: Salmon_Chanted_Evening ]
[ 30 April 2002: Message edited by: Salmon_Chanted_Evening ]