• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Herald Sun Guide - "Drugs turn off" letter.

ChEmIcaL_NiGhT

Bluelighter
A letter into the guide regarding the recent episode of Home and a away where one of the characters "sneaks out to a night club", takes a pill and ends up in hospital nearly dead (how amazingly insiteful).
DRUGS TURN OFF
Congratulations to the writer of the Home and away episode screened on April 8. A big pat on the back for your sensitivity and insight into drug-taking at nightclubs. The downside to teenages sneaking out of home and taking drugs ame across as a very good message to say NO to drugs. It shoul be compulsory veiwing for high school students. I don't praise many tv shows, so keep up the good writing.
Another insite into how stupidly gullable most of the population is towards this topic.
"insight into drug-taking at nightclubs"
hahaha, insite hey, i think they mean abosolute bullshite lies about what happens when you go out a night club and take the ever so evil drugs that are pushed upon us by those nasty drug dealers.
If this is the attude of the older generation (which it is for most, as they are stupid enough to believe what they read in news and even worse, see in a sopie), then they are going to lose all trust the younger generation have in them. Things like this make me so fucking angry.
Please stupid people out there, THIS IS NOT WHAT HAPPENS TO THE MAJORITY (99.999%) of people who go out. In fact, i dont know of anyone who it has happened to. In the 99.999% of times we go out.. we just have an absolute ball. Am i right peoples?
Chem out.

There's no point pleading to them to understand - they never will... just laugh and have another line... ;)

"... just laugh and have another line... "
Yeah but the stupid thing is, im ment to be in jail for doing that!!! what a joke!

Chem I think its closer to 99.99995% actually but yes I get your point. Anyway I'm sneaking out of work now to go and do some that 'ecstamacy' stuff that I've been hearing about.

I loved it how the person said that all High School Sutdents should watch this. What i think is going to happen and what is happening and what happened to me is that children and teenagers are going to hear what the government say about drugs, see what they think drugs is all about, hear what their parents think and watch this crappy interpretation of a night out on drugs and get a really bad feeling about drugs. They will believe the media and Govt. and think drugs are bad. Then when they grow a little older and get rebellious and grow a mind of their own they will perhaps want to find out for themselves, or see others doing it and want to try it themselves. This is where the problem with the Govts. propoganda bullshit becomes a trouble.
Then this person will remeber their origional beliefs about the drugs, from what their elders and the media told them and realise what a crock of shit it is, and how none of the really bad things that they say would happen did happen, and they had a kick arse time... then the kid will have a great disrespect for the Government because they will see how little the Govt. know or how manipulating they are...
Anyways this is why i think young people really dont respect the Govt. atm, because they are hell bent on bullshitting to us and not giving us the real truth. If they did just give us the real truth and tell kids the actual truth about such things as drugs, i think they would have a better chance of helping kids out. ATM they are just encouraging us to take drugs because of their bullshit lies, because we will see they are wrong in one area and then assume they are wrong and just bull shitting in other areas too, leading to us doing stupid things that may be in truth, detrimental to our health, etc...
This is what i have been thinking anyways :)

Originally posted by Boppychick:
Anyways this is why i think young people really dont respect the Govt. atm, because they are hell bent on bullshitting to us and not giving us the real truth. If they did just give us the real truth and tell kids the actual truth about such things as drugs, i think they would have a better chance of helping kids out.
More like they don't know how to deal with the truth.

The mind control works until the people stop just readily accepting everything thats been shoved down their throat.
Seriously people, our generation has to be thankful for the advent of the internet and the HUGE part in plays in our lives. How many of you would still be largely in the dark about drugs if not for the internet?
This is a hugely valuable tool that our parents did not have available to them when they were younger and therefore were still being fed the governments lies day after day. They didnt have such an easily accessible outlet of information that would allow them to discover that the govt were bullshitting to them. We have this tool.
Put yourself in your parents generations shoes. For their whole lives they've been told drugs are bad they destroy lives etc, and they continuously are shown the evil/bad side of the coin so of course they're gonna have a negative attitude towards them. And the fact that their children are telling them everything they've been told in the past is lies, and that this is the truth, that drugs aren't so bad. It doesn't sit well with years upon years of brainwashing.
It can be likened to when schizophrenics first discover their delusions aren't real. Something you so positively believed in, you don't want to change your mindset and go into denial.
Yet as easy as it is to say they should be providing us with accurate information. They still have a general duty of care to stop people from fucking themselves up. BEcause although you may use responsibly, the guy next to you may not. And guaranteed he'll be the one that will wind up on a ricki lake special.
/rant
edit: Ohh and, watching home and away as an education program!??!? Bwaahahahah. Insanity
Adikkal
[ 26 April 2002: Message edited by: Adikkal ]

Moreover, people of your parents generation are quite possibly in the position to have seen close friends embrace drugs as a culture, but with less access to information than you yourself have, which potentially could have affected their lives in dramatic ways. Therefore people from the older generation may have seen former friends fall into pitfall traps that lay in wait for the uneducated drug user, which hopefully we may be able avoid through sharing of factual information and carefully documented experiences.
BigTrancer :)