Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

railing advice needed

Macksta

Bluelighter
I've been giving some though to railing speed of late as the times before when I've ingested it orally it didn't seem to do anything at all to me (20 mins after eating it I went to bed and slept for 8 hrs).
I'm just wondering what the best method is given that I've never snorted anything before. Like what do you use for a tube? and do u huff a whole half weight down at a time or go slower?
Thanks.

You're from sydney, so that needs to be taken into account. From trends I've noticed and from speaking to people sydney speed tends to be cut to hell with glucose and other shit, so you'll probably need a fair bit. A possible judge of the amount to snort would be the price you pay for it - you wouldn't want to snort more than $30 worth at once... but as usual it pays to start small - you can always snort more but can't "unsnort" anything if you have too much...
As for a tube, well, anything tubular will work - a rolled up note can be good but it's not the most hygenic thing ever (although neither was the dirty back yard bathtub your speed was made in most likely so that's not a huge issue). Some people find that a maccas straw cut to about 7 - 10cm works well... as do subway straws (which are clear and the same thickness as maccas straws)...
And if you get really keen you can go buy a hoover from a bong shop - these are for the pros and are much more comfy, but not worth the cost unless you're a total snorting pig! ;)

A couple of things you might like to try. After railing, snort a few drops of water to "clean out your sinuses". This is particularly important if you're using a base and glucose mix (although there are better mixes to be found which are not as harsh), as, IMHO, the base is vicious and can cause painful cuts and a bad blocked nose feeling. It also stops the glucose sitting in your nose, which is also not a great idea, as it can cause your nose to run for quite a while after snorting, a rather obvious look when out in public. Try to obtain and stick to using your own snorting implement, as it's obviously more hygienic-think bong sharing....

A couple of things you might like to try. After railing, snort a few drops of water to "clean out your sinuses". This is particularly important if you're using a base and glucose mix (although there are better mixes to be found which are not as harsh), as, IMHO, the base is vicious and can cause painful cuts and a bad blocked nose feeling. It also stops the glucose sitting in your nose, which is also not a great idea, as it can cause your nose to run for quite a while after snorting, a rather obvious look when out in public. Try to obtain and stick to using your own snorting implement, as it's obviously more hygienic-think bong sharing....

I find railing with a $100 note the best. Well no reason really other than the image associated with rolling up a $100 and hoovering it all up.
Oh and yes there is that pain thing but I recon thats the best part of the whole thing.

jeez all this talk of pain! I dunno now :(
Does rubbing it into your gums have much effect at all? Is it any better than oral ingestion?

It doesn't hurt that badly - espicially if it's cut to hell... I don't think it really hurts at all... I'd describe it more as uncomfortable...
As for the gums question - yeah, that probably works quicker then eating, but it's really not good for your gums if you were to do the whole lot like that. The scrapings off the mirror are fine, but I wouldn't be rubbing a full point in or anything.
Basically the way it works is - the quicker it can reach your blood stream the quicker it works and the less drug is wasted. When ingesting it has to go through your stomach and a lot of the drug will be lost through your liver. When snorting it is absorbed through your mucous membranes so it reaches your blood stream faster (and thus is more efficient). Obviously the only 100% efficient way is to inject it directly into a vein - but this is dangerous and so more precautions must be taken (and your stuff has to be pretty pure too).
In all honesty though, if you're not comfortable snorting it then don't... it's not that much more effective compared to ingesting and if you're worried then don't bother... no sense in trying to talk you into something that you don't want to do... :)

You learn to like the pain... (well not pian as such, more sting. and only a little..) Cept if you get onto some pure meth, then you'll know about it.
GUming it is filthy.. MAn the flavour. Id take runs over that anyday.. Plus its hella bad for your teeth.
Just suck it up, and rail it (no pun intended)
[ 26 April 2002: Message edited by: ChEmIcaL_NiGhT ]

gumming it fucks up your gums just as badly as railing it fucks up your nose... capping it and washing it down with water is the least damaging way to take it...
in sydney, unless your dealer is a friend, at best you're buying 3/4 glucose/epson salts/alkaloids and 1/4 base (pure amphetamine/methamphetamine). so in a gram, you're getting 750mg of the cutting agent, and 250mg of amphetamine/methamphetamine.
having said that, i've seen dealers around here selling stuff of the same cut ^^ to friends.
if you want gas in sydney, find a friend who deals base and cut it up yourself. or, just cap and eat the base.

I like to use saline (eyedrops are handy) to clean out my nose after snorting a line.

^^^^^Good call Fairnymph. Macksta, I didn't mean that the railing itself is terribly painful, so much as the damage that may occur on the inside of your nose if you rail a number of times over a period of hours or even days. This is where the nose cleaning out and cutting compound stuff really comes in. I know people who claim to have permanent craters and sinus problems from railing, and it doesn't sound too pleasant.

If you dont feel comfortable snorting then dont its as simple as that, but here is something else for you to think about,
snorting means the substabce comes on faster and will wear off faster as well,
the high experienced from snorting is only a little more than digesting but you have to deal with a little pain,
dont be fooled into the look of snorting because people snort coke which seems real sophisticated.People only snort coke because it will not work if its digested however speed will work if digested.
Finally if you are worried that swallowing base may not work that well then change your method. Dont eat much beforehand and then put it in a gel cap or a rolly paper so that nothing is lost and when it hits your stomach it will hit you all at the same time, this is a speed bomb.
Anyway you do as you feel you need to in todays world, just remember they dont sell replacement noses at the shops !!!

Macksta.....b4 the other nite i hadnt railed NE THING....i railed a pill..
read reports sounded really bad BUT it wasnt as bad as i was expecting....
just when making the lines make up at the size u want, and just take ur time..
if ur nose is feeling a bit irritated get a drop of water on ur fingure and snort that up to cool ur nose but not too much....

another little trick when snorting is to snort some water, push your cheek bone away from your nose, while blocking unsnorted nostril & snort.....this gives your naval cavity more space, and u find u can wash a lot of the ick outta there.

Why do you people cut up base???
When you have base, you only need a tiny little line, mine are usually so small I don't even feel it go up. The more you cut it, the more is going to hang to the inside of ur schnoz, making for more burns... and yes, even glucose burns a little.
As for railing vs eating, regardless of whether or not it works better, it just looks way cooler to rail ;P

anfalicious
->> why do we cut up the base????
somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I've always cut up base because I have been told that ;
a)wet chrystals will stick to the small hairs in ure nose, doing sum nasty damage.
b)The chrystals (wen big and chunky) can also cut up the inside of ure nose - more chance of nose bleeds and damage 2 ure sinuses.
c)Generally less painfull
If u don't care about totally fuking up ure sinuses then no need 2 cut.....it does work great, but @ a cost

Don't cut it - ever.
The beginning of any good ritual should have an element of pain :)
Seriously though... how can you chase good gear, then want to cut it???

Lord Kaos, I've seen people cut it to dry out the powder to make it easier to snort, but the amount need is like 10 parts speed/meth to 1 part sugar. Not vice versa like I've seen some people do...

anfalicious
10 parts speed/meth to 1 part sugar
WTF?...sounds more like dealers who try an stretch that 8 ball a little bit further
most of the gear I get is really wet and rocky, so I doubt adding a point of sugar 2 a gram of wiz is gonna dry it out much, nor am i gonna be able to create sumthin that looks like powder rather than rocks or glue.
All I use is 1/3 - 1/2 point per decent sized line (2-3points), so i guess around 1:6 (1 part meth to 6 parts glucose).... guess these ratios really depend on the quality of gear u get tho and how much it's already been cut. the other nite I mixed in 1 point and racked up 2 lines....the 1st line absolutely blew my head off, I was surprised at how hard I rushed.