Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gum melted in mouth!

manatech

Bluelighter
Last weekend at * something very strange happened to me.
I was rolling off a “pink lady”, dancing and chewing gum etc. I was chewing Airwaves sugar free peppermint gum. * offered me his Vicks inhaler, I took in two deep breaths and handed it back to him. Almost immediately the gum in my mouth started to melt! I spat the sludge out on my hand and showed it to * to make sure I wasn’t tripping and he saw it too.
My guess is that it was a chemical reaction between the vicks and the gum. I’m just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else before?
[Edit: Venue details and other irrelevant information removed. BigTrancer]
[ 24 April 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

The same thing happened to me once, but I don't know if Vicks was involved. I just thought it was because it was old gum (Extra), but the other pieces in the pack didn't melt. It's the most revolting thing isn't it?

Does it really matter where you were when this happened? It makes no difference to the advice you'll get, so why mention it? Same goes for listing other people's names - it's just not required...
[ 24 April 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

It's a fairly common thing... it's probably not the vicks but more of a coincidence that you were inhaling vics at the time.
Chewing gum eventually, just like any food I guess, disintegrates when chewed enough times. Gum isn't totally infallable and I'm sure at the time your jaw/teeth were doing more than their normal amount of chewing.

My gum has turned to much as well it was Extra.
I wasn't out or on anything and I didn't have any Vicks either.
I'd just been chewing it for a long time.
[ 24 April 2002: Message edited by: RegularBoy ]

I read about this a while ago.
Apparently in a small amount of people, the enzymes that break down starch into sugars into your mouth(pepsin or something) work much harder in its perfect condiditons.
People whos gum dissolves/melts while rolling can also find that it happens if they kiss with gum in their mouth.
(BTW: This is totally from memory so no one yell at me)
-------------------------------
Kylie Minogue is a Strumpadyne Systems 2000 model robot from the future to get spanked...

When it happened to me, it was straight away, I hadn't chewed it. As I started to instead of going rubbery it dissolved into thick toothpaste/honey or something! I didn't eat any other chewy that night, so it could have been the one piece or something weird about my mouth on that night! I thought it may have been a reject batch of gum, but later the rest of the chewy in the pack was normal. It just seemed so wrong when it happened, the laws of chewing gum did not apply!

Hehehe sounds like the first time I took an acid. The bum just seemed to melt in my mouth I spat it out and was just freaked out. Five minutes later I investigate the same gum and it looked fine.
drugs see what they do to you

if you leave gum in the heat (hot car) it'll go soft and melt in you mouth... wow

haha
the old goo gum eh
so funny
just make sure u change ur gum every now and then
seen so many people heaps of there face chewing away furiously then bam there gum turns to mush, it sticks to the inside of there mouth and they are like WTF!!?!?!

Yeah, the gum was brand new and I had been chewing it for only a few minutes. Pleonastic: The area is irrelevant, I just wanted to make the story more involving. It’s a very strange thing, I’m just glad I’m not the only one that this has happened to.
Thanks guys.

yeah i had this happen to me fucking years ago, i had been chewing on a piece of extra for yonks, then all of a sudden it liquified and tasted like absolute shit and i spat it out as fast as possible
this is the first time i have actually heard that it has happened to other people

that is really wierd manatech, cant say anything like that has ever happened to me before.

this happens to everyone when they chew gum for too long. The agents in your saliva are constantly trying to digest and break down the gum, the gum has a certain threshold and it can suddenly turn to a slimy liquid paste. Ive had this happen to me many times when ive been chewing the same piece of gum non stop for hours on end.