Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Quality of Acid

Chaos Butterfly

Bluelight Crew
ok now i don't think this has been covered before... well i did a quick search and came up with nothing...
what i want to know is: is there any other real way to determine the quality of acid or the contents from a harm minimisation point of view... i personally when selecting pills (ecstasy) will always test and i know what i am looking for and i won't accept crap, so i am doing my utmost to know exactly what i am putting into my body... i own E1, E2 and EZ-Extreme... so i can be reasonably certain about the quality of pills i eat...
but when it comes to acid... as far as i can see there is no real way to tell anything about them without actually consuming them... it's a fairly scary thought... the fact that we test to the nth degree (well not quite but close) our pills, but will happily munch down on a tab... well i know that i do this... so for peace of mind, or even a bit more information is there anything?!
if not... how could it be developed... maybe a question for AJ and Ewoud at EZ-Test... i dunno...

I found this:
EZ Test for LSD
Is that the sort of thing you mean? Some of the links are a little old, but there is some tests in there to show the presence of LSD. Nothing really to show quality of a substance but then again we can't tell strength of pills with the testers either.
Hope it helps :)
[ 18 April 2002: Message edited by: Fry-d- ]

yeah that kinda helps... and the comments were great... specifically the point about the size:
Frankly, i don't think there's the same need to test LSD as there would be for pills. i guess the luxury of acid is that it's so ricidulously potent, that on an individual dosage unit (i. e. one blotter, drop of liquid, geltab, etc.) the only chemical that could fit on there and actually do anything to you is acid. so if you eat a bunk tab, even if it was like dipped in straight-up poison**, nothing's gonna happen to you... you'll be out $5, but that's it, so who gives a shit?
**according to the known dosages of famous poisons such as strychnine, cyanide, etc, you couldn't fit enough on a blotter to even give you a back-ache
that was the main thing i was worried about... but hey... it seems that acid is a lot safer in terms of adulterants than ecstasy so there is not as much need for a rigourous testing regime...
thanks Fry-d- that pretty much answered what i was asking :)

That just confirmed my suspicion that acid, is in terms of adulterants much cleaner than ecstacy. In terms of harmful adulterants the small dosage and method of delivery (tabs, cubes) makes acid alot safer regarding having a tab laced with something poisonous compared to a pill. But i'm sure from the plethora of different experiences i've enjoyed from different acid that there is still some tampering going on. So what other than poisonous adulterants could be found in acid? All i could say for certain is that some acid is adulterated with methamphetamine and produces a more speedy trip. I've also read that certain blotters have been adulterated with DOB, but that's america i don't think we'd be 'lucky enuff' down here for that to happen.

i meth is not active at the small amounts that would be on a blotter tab (too lazy to get the references for this..hehe).
Last time I researched this DOB was about the only other thing that was active in such small amount...i think erowid has references to a journal article showing DOB blotter found and tested in australia.