• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids easing withdrawals with NO money

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfu87

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters,
Here's the story: My friend was on a run to pick up 30mg oxycodone's when he was arrested, and don't now the details. He had over xxx dolars of mine and won't have money until friday. What is a good way to get through the week, I absolutely hate WD's.
I have a script for klonopins will that help me? Any info or advice woud be greatly appreciated. Also, questions are welcomed. btw I do about 8, 30mg oxycodones a day.
PS: The methadone clinic takes 12 bucks a da to dose, so there really isn/t an option, unless they trust me to pay them back, but with the nature of their business I doubt it.
:(
Thanks,
sfu87

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't use SWIM here.....It is against the rules. Just say I......everyone knows it's you anyway.

To answer your question.....Nothing is free. Methadone clinic would be a good idea and is the cheapest thing you will find. Try to get someone to loan you the money or something.

There is no way to avoid WD for free though. Even the other crappy methods of easing WD will cost something.

$12 a day is as cheap as you will ever find IMO.

Good luck

Theoretically, the kpins would help with the blood pressure and the muscle tension. Other than that...yeah. Ripamaru has the right idea.

that sucks....if it were me, i would get the rx for kpins filled and sell a few to pay for the clinic. I am not telling you to sell your rx, just saying how i would probably make it work because doing 8 30's a day is not going to be fun to WD from.

12$ a day is crazy expensive for a clinic if its not state funded or if you dont have health insurance. back when i had health insurance i had to pay 20$ a week and my insurance company paid the rest pf the 70$ per week. Now i am on the state funded side and i pay 2$ a week. Its crazy, same dose, same medicine, but one is 68$ more expensive per week. That makes sense right lol?

No price discussion, and we don't use SWIM here. It is annoying and will not save you from anything. I am probably going to close this but i will leave it open for a bit. Peruse the numerous other w/d threads we have here, there is copious amounts of valuable information. Nothing is going to be free, though. Also spending some time reading the BLUA and OD guidelines (located in my signature) will help pass the time. :)

W/d suck but there is no free ride here, unfortunately. You bought the ticket to opiate addiction, you can't just get off half way there.

{Paying daily at a clinic is crazy, medicaid covers mine luckily, and they have a sliding scale. The most they charge is $40 a week. }

No price discussion, and we don't use SWIM here. It is annoying and will not save you from anything. I am probably going to close this but i will leave it open for a bit. Peruse the numerous other w/d threads we have here, there is copious amounts of valuable information. Nothing is going to be free, though. Also spending some time reading the BLUA and OD guidelines (located in my signature) will help pass the time. :)

W/d suck but there is no free ride here, unfortunately. You bought the ticket to opiate addiction, you can't just get off half way there.

{Paying daily at a clinic is crazy, medicaid covers mine luckily, and they have a sliding scale. The most they charge is $40 a week. }

Now your calling me crazy huh??? lol

I am not as lucky as you. I have to pay for mine. I am a 26 year old male with no kids so no medicaid for me :(

^Haha I wasn't saying you were crazy, just the regulations and massive variance in prices at methadone clinics. I am only 22 and have no kids, and I have full coverage medicaid. Mainly because over the past two years my father died, dealing with massive heroin/benzo problems, no insurance, and got diagnosed with stage 4 cancer as well.

I get disability since I cannot work due to my cancer treatment/recovery. It was shit load of paperwork/waiting, but when they finally approved me it was well worth it. I thought I was just fucked and going to die, but my county helped me out immensely with rental assistance, food stamps, medicaid, rehab, etc. I never thought they actually would be able to help me like they did.

sorry for the off topic ramble, just saying that age alone doesn't disqualify you from medicaid as far as I can tell.

Here its 95 a week which isnt crazy really when thats how much i would usually spend a day. Here there is a waiting list of like 9-12 months to get on one of the state funded clinics

Yes, Klonopin will obviously help you through wd's. How much Klonopin would you have, how are you directed to take it, are you dependent on benzos, and do you have a benzo tolerance? Lots of warm baths/showers will also help.

Make sure if he was really arrested or not, or atleast if he doesn't pay you back..
i've had people pull that one on me in the past.

K-pins will help, use them only when it gets really bad, and it will, 8, 30's a day is a good amount, but i'm sure you don't do 8 every single day.

it's gonna suck a dick, be ready.

Theoretically, the kpins would help with the blood pressure and the muscle tension. Other than that...yeah. Ripamaru has the right idea.

They are gonna help with the anxiety also, and help with sleep.

Make sure if he was really arrested or not, or atleast if he doesn't pay you back..
i've had people pull that one on me in the past.

K-pins will help, use them only when it gets really bad, and it will, 8, 30's a day is a good amount, but i'm sure you don't do 8 every single day.

it's gonna suck a dick, be ready.

yeah it sounds like the ol' "wops I got arrested,and the cops took all my(your) money/stash switcheroo"..

But still..getting hold of 12 bucks a day shouldnt really be that hard..i
tought addicts were supposed to be extremely resourceful when it came to (getting) money?

Since this has gotten way off topic, I am going to close this down. OP, use the search engine and peruse the multitude of threads regarding withdrawal. It won't be fun, and with no money for supplies don't expect much relief. Make sure to eat healthy, stay hydrated, vitamins help. Exercise also helps A LOT, even if you don't feel like getting out of bed.

There are a number of OTC meds to help with sleeping and the aches and pains. Loperamide is a god-send for the shits, and since it is an opiate that doesn't cross the BBB, in high doses it actually does minimize most withdrawal symptoms. There are a number of threads on this, as well.

PM me if you have any concerns, otherwise good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.