• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos mephedrone and pure citric acid

murfatron

Greenlighter
hello every1 im new and need some help, iv made the mistake of putting some mephedrone in with some citric acid and when it is pure it can easily be mistaken, but that is another story, im wondering how can i extract it or should i just throw it away, can i still snort it r what??? i dnt know what to do with it, i hope someone can help.

How much citric acid? I'd assume if it's not a great deal oral would still be fine.

If it is a tiny amount, taking it orally won't kill you. Citric acid is in some medication designed for indigestion. I wouldn't advise snorting it. I don't know much about the chemistry involved in removing it from the citric, but I am sure it is possible. How simple it is, is another question entirely, though. Maybe someone else would have a better, more accurate answer.

May I ask why you put it in citric in the first place? Did you confuse it with some UK Heroin or something? Or just add it into the wrong container or something..

no basically what hapened was i had a bag of citric acid which i thought was mephedrone, i was putting about 3 small bags in2 1 bag and ended up putting the citric acid in with the lot, id say their are about 3 grams of methedrone and 1 of citric acid, iv had a snort and it just dont seem right, i dont know what to do with it!!

Do an acid/base extraction. Otherwise there's nothing you can really do about it..

You need to add the citric and mephedrone mixture into just enough water to get it all to dissolve, then slowly add a base to just neutralize the solution. From here you can probably evaporate and snort the meph and salt mixture with fewer problems than the meph and acid.

To try and isolate the meph from this would be more confusing and would like require freebasing the meph into what I would assume is a hydrophobic oil, extracting with a nonpolar solvent, and then titrating with acid back into a salt.

hey thanks, im sorry if im asking 2 much but i really dont know anything about it, u say base, what is that?, i pour the mixture in2 a glass add water and it dissolves. then add something like baking soda is that what u mean? then just let it all evaporate and im left with meph i can snort?, all i want is 2 have it so i can snort d stuff with no hasstle, i have tryed it the way it is and its not great at all!!! thanks for your imput please get back!!

A base is not easily defined in non chemical terms so we'll go with 'a proton acceptor'. Sodium bicarbonate would probably work. Remember to just add a tiny bit at a time until when you add it you don't see any more sign of reaction (bubbling).

C6H8O7 + 3 NaHCO3 --> Na3C6H5O7 + 3 CO2 + 3 H2O

ok i will try and when that hapens i just let the water evaporate and whats left will be ok yeah???

If you neutralize it properly and evaporate then it should burn your nose less than the citric acid yes. If you go too far and have excess baking soda that won't be nice either though. There is nothing dangerous about any of this as citric acid and baking soda are all weak stuff, but either could cause some damage up in the nasal cavities I suppose.

ok then i could still snort it the way it is now and the only risks from the citric acid being present is some nasal discomfort?? or must it be neutralized first??? thankyou 4 your help its very much apreciated!!!

ok then i could still snort it the way it is now and the only risks from the citric acid being present is some nasal discomfort?
Nasal discomfort and perhaps some damage to the mucus lining. Kind of like snorting concentrated lemon juice.

but ultimatly it will have the usual disired effect that it would do should the citric acid not have been be present???, my fear was that it would be a sore nose for nothing or it would be pointless as the citric acid would stop it from going or doing what it should, thank you again!!

The citric acid might make more of a physical barrier but it shouldn't inhibit absorption anymore than any other filler.

i will try 2 neutralize it tomorrow and i will be back with my results, thankyou for your time with this u have answered alot for me thanks again and talk soon!!