• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Methadone Advice & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaystyle

Bluelighter
Hey all,

I can do up to 250-300mg of oxycodone in a day. 160-200mg baseline.. My connect ran dry so I hit the streets and scored a bunch of 10mg methadone tabs. I figured this would be a cheap way for me to hold out until I got a steady supply of oxycodone again. I know the withdrawals are horrible and I don't intend to make it my DOC.... just use temporarily-- in combination with a few of my roxie 30s I have left if possible? I do have some questions, however, and would like some advice if possible. Please answer any question you can, or all if you can! =P

1.) I understand methadone can block other opiates, similar to how subutex can. Subutex, as I understand, is a lot better at blocking opiates than methadone is... correct? How much methadone do u need to take to block other opiates? I started with 20-30mg and felt like I was still able to feel a few roxie 30s? How long does the block last? Subutex lasts foreeeevverrr!! Someone tell me more about methadones blocking effects and how much I'd have to take to be able to use oxycodone simultaneously, or "later in the night" when the methadone wears off a little (meth in day, oc at night perhaps?).

2.) Dose frequency - What kind of routine do u guys have with ur methadone? Do you take it once every 24 hours? Or do you take a few throughout the day to keep the high fresh and going? I always like getting a buzz at night so I took a little in the day, and some at night before bed. Let me know how you guys usually dose this stuff.

3.) Since I have a few roxies left, I havn't given myself the "full methadone experience" yet. I Can feel 30-40mg, but I feel like for me to get the full high I'll need 60-70mg. Does this sound fair given my tolerance? What do you guys think of the methadone high? Does it compare to H, oxy, hydro, morph, etc? I've heard mixed feelings on this. I'm assuming it's FAR more euphoric than the dreaded subutex of misery I've been on several times... yes?

4.) Tolerance - Will taking methadone drastically raise my tolerance to OC and other drugs? Opana use messed my tolerance up a bit, i'm wondering how bad a temporary methadone binge would do for me. I know the withdrawals last forever and are terrible, so I figure I'll switch back to a short-acting opiate for awhile after this before attempting to quit. Sound smart?

Thank you guys for helping clarify things for me!

1. You have to be on a fairly high dose to block all other opiates (65mg/day+)

2. It is better to take half of your dose every 12 hours.

3. I would be VERY careful with the methadone. You will be hooked within a week or 2 if you take it every day. You really don't want that. I would suggest using it for 2-3 days at a time and then going back to OXY for a while in between.

4. HELL YES.......it will raise your tolerance through the roof if you aren't very careful. If you get used to taking 60-70mg/day you will not be able to get ANYTHING out of other opiates until you detox all the way from methadone.........I mean that even if you were to shoot bundles of dope in your arm it would just piss you off and waste your money.....You seriously will not be able to use anything else until after a month of detox.

If you want to use it to kick OXY then you need to make sure you don't go past 4-5 days to be safe. Take ONLY as much as you need to not be sick, and start taking less and less methadone every day until you are only taking 5-10mg the last day. Methadone builds up over a few days so you won't need to take a bunch more every day like other opiates.

BE VERY DAMN CAREFUL, ERR ON THE SIDE OF CAUTION.

Methadone is a deathly serious drug. Oxy WD is like a day at disneyland compared to methadone WD. I have a lot of experience with both. I have been on methadone for a few years and I wish I had been tough enough to kick the OXY instead of getting hooked on done.

If I had to do it over again I would just kick the OXY cold turkey and smoke a lot of weed. I thought I could do what you are doing and I failed and ended up hooked on done anyway. Methadone WD is worse than heroin.....it is seriously no joke......I would rather chop off my right arm than go through done WD again. I lost 40lbs in a month of hell the last time I kicked methadone, didn't sleep at all the entire month.....and that was smoking a ton of weed every day. I now only weigh 140-150lbs at 5'10" and that is a year later after being back on done the whole year......I never gained the weight back so I am scared to death to try again.....I don't have another 40lbs to lose.

Good luck brother.

PS.....I am from the Bay too :). I am now living in the south but I just moved away in Jan.........If you can get over the Oxy WD which will only last a few days then I would suggest not going back at all. I wish I could have that chance now. You will have a period of depression and severe cravings even after the WD is over but it will go away eventually.

Your life will be so much better if you can get off of the opiates forever........I am not a preacher either.......Just friendly advice from a fellow addict that envies your situation.

Last edited:
^Good advice, very informative. I take 75mg daily, which is more than enough to hold me 24 hours pretty comfortably. I started on like 30mg daily, going from shooting about a bundle of dope a day. Even that effectively held me, though i certainly wasn't content til I got up to where I am now.

Use as little as you need to, since taking methadone daily will without a doubt raise your tolerance to ridiculous levels. Even if I skip three days of 'done, I cannot get high on other opiates really. I can barely, but it doesn't even feel great and requres astronomical amounts. like 300mg oxy does nothing. Shooting 5 bags of good dope does nothing. Shooting 16mg hydromorphone barely touches me.

Methadone is great for maintenence, but if you plan on going back to oxy i would seriously re-consider, or seriously only take like 20mg twice daily until you can get your oxy back.

The high is enjoyable, personally I loved it initially. Some people don't like it, but many people do. It is rather sedating, and lasts quite a while. Similiar sedation I would attain from morphine or heroin. Not quite as euphoric and awesome, but not stimulating like the oxy high.

Methadone is no joke, so please be careful. The extremely long half life means (~36 HRS) it'll build up in your system so don't re-dose too soon. Tread lightly. I agree with Rip, looking back I wish i just toughed out the cold turkey w/d of dope instead of getting on MMT. Methadone w/d lasts for fucking ever. It is serious shit.

Mike

Everywhere I read that methadone's high is sedating, but to me it's very stimulating. I must be one of the few...

And I love the high it gives me when I double my dose, and I read everywhere that it's not worth it... hell yes it's worth it!

Just be careful, as usual. I wouldn't triple my dose for the sake of the high, too dangerous... I even have a difficult time sleeping 12 hours after double-dosing.

Everywhere I read that methadone's high is sedating, but to me it's very stimulating. I must be one of the few...

And I love the high it gives me when I double my dose, and I read everywhere that it's not worth it... hell yes it's worth it!

Just be careful, as usual. I wouldn't triple my dose for the sake of the high, too dangerous... I even have a difficult time sleeping 12 hours after double-dosing.

You have a strange system.........Most of the effect you get from doubling your dose is likely placebo......even if it isn't you are in the minority for sure.

Please don't give people ideas that will likely cause them a lot more harm than good.

These questions have been covered pretty sufficiently in the Methadone Mega Thread so you should check that out and if you still have unanswered questions, ask in there.

Its a good idea to always check the directory and search engine before starting threads and read through the mega threads because questions like these have been discussed a lot. If you still have questions, try to direct them into the appropriate mega threads because its better to keep the discussion in there so we can have it all in one place for the people searching later on (plus it keeps the forum more streamlined, productive and saves us work!)

PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.