• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Idiotic Suboxone Clinic or ARE THEY?

sprockets2000

Bluelighter
So,

I started Suboxone not so much to quit opiates but to be legal as well as have a stead dose of an opiate so maintence more than trying to do the taper anyway,

I take 6mg a day here is my problem though the clinic gives NO take homes except on sunday or holidays or until later on for some reason.

Ive told them like 10 times now that Id love to take 4mg in the morning and 2mg and the afternoon as I feel 6mg is to much in the morning but im feeling cravings etc around 5-6pm about 12 hours after my morning dose. Ive read alot of people take suboxone twice daily and I just dont get why I cant do this, I dont know if some people can get high off this stuff but I dont, I mean it gives me energy but not like high energy more like normal for the first itme in a long time energy and honestly the 6mg makes me feel sick for about 2 hours and I can tell its to much but I know that even with that high dose I cant make it past 5-9pm without thinking about hydros,oxymorphones,codones what have you.

Anyway what are your thoughts if any?

So,

I started Suboxone not so much to quit opiates but to be legal as well as have a stead dose of an opiate so maintence more than trying to do the taper anyway,

I take 6mg a day here is my problem though the clinic gives NO take homes except on sunday or holidays or until later on for some reason.

Ive told them like 10 times now that Id love to take 4mg in the morning and 2mg and the afternoon as I feel 6mg is to much in the morning but im feeling cravings etc around 5-6pm about 12 hours after my morning dose. Ive read alot of people take suboxone twice daily and I just dont get why I cant do this, I dont know if some people can get high off this stuff but I dont, I mean it gives me energy but not like high energy more like normal for the first itme in a long time energy and honestly the 6mg makes me feel sick for about 2 hours and I can tell its to much but I know that even with that high dose I cant make it past 5-9pm without thinking about hydros,oxymorphones,codones what have you.

Anyway what are your thoughts if any?

All clinics are that way. NONE of them will let you dose twice a day.

What you would need is a doctor that will give you subs for addiction. There are a bunch of them out there but they aren't cheap.

But ALL methadone/sub clinics are exactly like the one you go to.

And they are giving you too much......They do that to get you hooked and keep you spending money.....

You really need to find a doctor and go on a much lower dose 2 x a day........

Sorry we can't help you find a doctor though, you are on your own for that.

Damn, yeah I asked for 2mg twice daily and the doctor said no way he said he wanted me to start @ 6mg per day but honestly I dont give a rats ass if im addicted to subs for 10 years, I rally dont in my case I look at opiate addiction as a disease and subs as the medicine to treat it, if I have to take it the rest of my life I am okay with that. When I get more money ill def look for JUST a sub doctor the doctor at the clinic said he would write me take home prescription once he gets an opening to write another take home script.

Damn, yeah I asked for 2mg twice daily and the doctor said no way he said he wanted me to start @ 6mg per day but honestly I dont give a rats ass if im addicted to subs for 10 years, I rally dont in my case I look at opiate addiction as a disease and subs as the medicine to treat it, if I have to take it the rest of my life I am okay with that. When I get more money ill def look for JUST a sub doctor the doctor at the clinic said he would write me take home prescription once he gets an opening to write another take home script.

Even if you don't mind staying on it, it is still better to start at a lower dose.

I know a lot of people that can be maintained at 1mg/day or less for a long time. The doctor you have is a stupid asshole IMO. He is going to get you to your ceiling dose way too fast and you may end up having to go on methadone later.....which is a much better choice if you don't plan on ever getting off of it.

However the WD is way worse so if you ever want to quit you are better off on subs but starting at a low dose is a much better idea.......

Methadone does a much better job at stopping my cravings but everyone is different. I hope things work out for you.

^What he said.

A lot of Suboxone scripted dosages are way too high, although it looks like with your tolerance you need them to be high (but not at the ceiling dose!).

A take home script doctor is more than likely going to script you more than you need, which, IMO, is much, much better than scripting you less than you need, or being in the clinic situation you're in right now.

That is the problem with methadone/suboxone clinics. Majority of them seem to be trigger happy on raising your dose to as high as the sky. It is hard to believe that they would purely be motivated by keeping you there as long as possible, and taking your money, but I am sure it is the truth for many clinics. Either that or the doctors are just seriously idiotic and do not understand that people do not NEED 200mg of methadone daily, or need to take 32mg of suboxone a day for trying to kick an 80mg oxycodone habit.

In your situation, I would seriously try and find a private sub doctor who will just write you a script, so you can dose twice daily and take a lower dose. I find it stupid your current doctor wouldn't WANT you on a lower dose, if you request it. Maybe they think you want to try and use on top of it and just use the clinic as a crutch.

Finding a sub doctor who is smart, reasonably priced, and willing to take you as a patient can be tough, though. They can be expensive and not take insurance, and have large waiting lists. www.suboxone.com lists suboxone licensed Drs so check that out. A lot of sub Dr's are just as stupid, though, and know nothing about proper dosing and whatnot. They only have to take like a 3 hr class to get the license so they know next to nothing. It is so worth it though if you can find a decent place.

Luckily it seems that my MMT clinic as actually legit. The doctor has been doing MMT for like 30 years, and is a big advocate of the 'less is more' mentality. There are only a few people in my clinic on doses above 110mg. I am on 75mg, and maintained just fine. I can't believe some people who take like 200mg and the Dr. still raises their dose.

I hope you can find a legit place, it is so worth it once you do. Best of luck.

My clinic is more like brokedown's.

There are very few people with doses over 110-120mg and those are people who transferred in from somewhere else mostly. Although the doctor is a junkie who hates coming to the clinic (he got kicked out of his private practice after getting caught injecting himself in the rear lol) he knows what he is doing and starts people low and it takes a long time to raise your dose.

That way your body levels out at a lower level and most people stop between 70-90mg. I am at 70mg/day after taking more than 100 on my own for a long time, I was sick at first but I am better off for it. I don't need any more, just wish I could take half 2x a day.....

I can't wait til I can get enough takehomes so I can dose myself properly instead of taking 70 in the morning and feeling like hell at night.

I hope you can find a decent doctor before you are stuck on the higher doses, good luck bro.

^Yeah my clinic doesn't do split dosing as far as I know. But I only go once a week (dose there and get 6 more take homes) So having 6 bottles at home is very convenient. A lot of times I will take like 50mg in the morning, ten the other 25mg at night. I don't go into w/d very fast with 'done, but insomnia is still my enemy. So having a little boost at night helps a lot. I can go about 72 hours after my last dose before I start to get noticeably dope sick. Before that it is just minor symptoms like anxiety, restlessness, hot/cold, aches/pains, etc.

I'm on the other side of the Atlantic but concerning pumping up doses of methadone it's the same here. The doctor here woke up when someone up there screwed up (the Ministry of Health maybe, I don't know) and suddenly there's no methadone, no Suboxone, even for people who just want to go to detox. Well, he should have thought earlier as I know a lot of junkies who are given 700mg or much more for a week (i.e. 100mg/day and more) don't really need methadone for maintenance but it's just a good business for them. They sell their methadone, leaving little for themselves in case they're tested so they drink little before tests so the point of MMT knows they take methadone. Anyway, they're good at lying they're clean and just drink this methadone syrup and the truth is they make money off methadone and shoot up all the time. "Thanks" to such junkies I can't get on program for a few years now.

Concerning split-dosing, this is possible but definitely not for Suboxone, I guess. I know this is practiced in Warsaw with methadone but there are 5 points of MMT compared to only 1 in my city. It's actually strange for me hearing that 6mg of buprenorphine doesn't hold you 24hrs. The problem with methadone not holding a patient one day is known but that's still a minority. I've never heard of someone having such trouble with buprenorphine. It wasn't much of a help for me (but for different reasons), it kept me without withdrawal symptoms for 30-32 hrs maximum at 16-20mg though. Also, it worked a little for my depressive episodes. So really, if I had an opportunity to choose right now and buprenorphine worked well for me, I'd go with bupe instead of methadone I've been on for ages (not MMT). I'm going to try my luck after the end of summer semester in Warsaw because this is not life when you can't tell anyone you're on methadone. I often think "and what if I had some surgery and the drugs they'd give me wouldn't work because of my tolerance to opioids and benzodiazepines?".

^Yeah my clinic doesn't do split dosing as far as I know. But I only go once a week (dose there and get 6 more take homes) So having 6 bottles at home is very convenient. A lot of times I will take like 50mg in the morning, ten the other 25mg at night. I don't go into w/d very fast with 'done, but insomnia is still my enemy. So having a little boost at night helps a lot. I can go about 72 hours after my last dose before I start to get noticeably dope sick. Before that it is just minor symptoms like anxiety, restlessness, hot/cold, aches/pains, etc.

I don't get full on dope sick unless I wait for 2-3 days......

But if all I do is take the whole dose in the morning I will have a few hours of glow, a few hours of being sleepy, and then I will start to feel flu like symptoms about 10-12 hours after dosing. It is more annoying than it is painful but it still sucks.

I also have trouble sleeping. I will wake up every hour and fall back to sleep, it leaves me grumpy and unsatisfied.

I am still on phase 1 as I am new to the clinic so I only get a takehome for sunday when they are closed.

I will take about 15-20mg on Sat night which allows me to feel normal and sleep well. Then I take 30-40mg Sunday morning, and the remainder Sunday night. This leaves me feeling normal from Sat morning until Monday morning. Then it is back to the cycle for the rest of the week.

We got a ton of snow here in NW Arkansas a week ago or so and the clinic closed for a couple days during the week. We got takehomes for WED/THURS and it was like heaven lol.

I can't wait til I have a week at a time. I have been going to every group and ind. meeting plus going to NA/AA meetings every day even though they only ask us to go to 3 meetings (including groups) + our ind appointments.

Most people at the clinic try to do the bare minimum or slightly less and then complain about how they won't phase them up lol. They just don't seem to understand that the counselors want to see that you are really serious and want to get better......not just trying to do what you have to to get phased up.....they would just stop doing all that if they got what they wanted......

I wish everyone would take it seriously and not try to screw around. It is pointless and not only hurts them but makes it 10X harder for those of us who are serious.

Weird, I woke up today with a sore ass throat and coughing dont know if its related though, im trying to snort it now to make it last longer (no not related to past drug use except the morphones but i def am not thinking of it in terms of drug use) could the snorting have caused the sore throat it actually just feels like minor minor withdraw symptoms minus the cravings. Anyway im not on ceiling dose im @ 6mg im sure they would let me go down to 4mg daily but like I said around 6 pm im craving so i figured id be3tter stay @ 6mg but I do think 2-4mg in the morning and 2mg at night would be beneficial

Your sore throat could definitely be from snorting subs. A number of years ago during my dope problem, before MMT I would take sub breaks from time to time. One time I went on vacation and was snorting subs for a week or so, like 3mg in the am, 3mg in the pm. I developed the worst sore throat I ever had, I could barely talk in the mornings after waking up. I wasn't sick, and it cleared up shortly after going back to shooting dope.

Something about the powder of the subs, it is so friggen brittle, and dry and like really damages my throat for some reason. Friends has similar issues. Not sure scientifically why this happens, but it does.

I never had that problem snorting methadone (which most people say that can't do cause of the burn lol, I got to love it).

But the couple times I snorted bupe it left me with a sore throat. I think it is different somehow..

I would trust what brokedown said on the subject.

^What he said.

A lot of Suboxone scripted dosages are way too high, although it looks like with your tolerance you need them to be high (but not at the ceiling dose!).

A take home script doctor is more than likely going to script you more than you need, which, IMO, is much, much better than scripting you less than you need, or being in the clinic situation you're in right now.

^this. Find a private dr to go to. My old sub dr was 60$ per visit, plus she didnt take insurance so there wasnt a bunch of hassle dealing with the insurance company. Shes also semi retired and just kinda does the bupe thing on the side.

There is a website to find a dr if you google it...i would do anything to be able to get my methadone the way i used to get my subs. I HATE going to that clinic 6 days a week. It's filled with some of those most vile people you could ever imagine. There are undercover cops sitting in the parking lot across the street sometimes its gotten so bad up there with ppl selling drugs openly and just generally being scumbags they have to keep an eye out so needless to say im sure they have seen me a ton of times.

With suboxone being rx'd by many dr's id tell the clinic to go fuck itself and find myself a private dr.

My sub dr. has me on 4mg bid. But for logistical reasons this can't happen at a clinic. Find a sub dr., some are good, some are bad, you may have to comparison shop. Often it won't be cheap. The above $60 is a steal. Mine is $200, and well worth it IMO, I have heard of some upwards of $500! I don't know much about sub clinics, only ever went to my private doc or gotten it off the street. I know that I don't have to mess around with any urine tests, etc. Which is nice just because I don't get my privacy invaded, truth be told I don't really even use any other drugs, and if I do, I can be honest w/him because he has a realistic philosophy about opiates, i.e. that it is a disease and that some folks like me are born with a different brain chemistry or have fucked it up over time. It is unfortunate that not every doctor shares this philosophy and also unfortunate that some patients just try and work the system and wind up making everyone else look bad.

Last edited:
Most people at the clinic try to do the bare minimum or slightly less and then complain about how they won't phase them up lol. They just don't seem to understand that the counselors want to see that you are really serious and want to get better......not just trying to do what you have to to get phased up.....they would just stop doing all that if they got what they wanted......

I wish everyone would take it seriously and not try to screw around. It is pointless and not only hurts them but makes it 10X harder for those of us who are serious.

Slightly off topic.

I definitely agree with what you say. And even thou I am an example patient I still feel like I am treated like a child mainly due to the actions of previous patients.

I have been there for something like 9 months and will soon only have to come in once every 2 weeks . It is just so much better than coming in daily. I got to this level so fast because I am don't look at what the clinic wants, I look at what I want from life and what my family wants. So I have excelled in life in those 9 months so much that I am treated with trust and respect by the clinic staff. Never had a dirty drop. Don't take benzos even thou I have a script, but instead deal with my anxiety and depression through diet and exercise. It makes my life better than ever. I can honestly say I have never been better than now.

Also, I like the clinic system. Even thou its a major pain to come in daily at first. I biked the first few months and so got in great shape. Because of this it didn't feel so bad. I get to have psychotherapy a few times a month for $10 a week which is jokingly cheap for therapy and meds.

My clinic is also very fair. They are a state agency and have no problem having people on a dose they need be it low or high. I know there is someone on 300mg and seriously that lady looks high as hell. I am on 35 mg. It's easier to wean off with the clinic than with a doctor because the clinic takes you down very slowly, I go down 1mg ever 4 days and in a few months I will be ready to get off if I want. I might have to due to licensing for work but I really don't want to cuz I function so well on it.

So yeah as you can see I am a proponent of MMT because it has done wonders to my life. I am better now than I have ever been even before I was using. I am not vegetating. I am a functional addict if you wanna label me. A ery functional one at that. I wish I could stay on this drug forever. It has no negative side effects for me. It is the best opiate I have ever tried and for some reason I never develop tolerance to it like I did with other opiates.

I am surprised that you have slight w/d at night at that high of a dose. At 35mg I sleep through the night ever night and have not had a problem with that. I dose once a day and like it that way cuz it holds me throughout the whole day and then at night I am sleepy and sleep til 7-8am.

Slightly off topic.

I definitely agree with what you say. And even thou I am an example patient I still feel like I am treated like a child mainly due to the actions of previous patients.

I have been there for something like 9 months and will soon only have to come in once every 2 weeks . It is just so much better than coming in daily. I got to this level so fast because I am don't look at what the clinic wants, I look at what I want from life and what my family wants. So I have excelled in life in those 9 months so much that I am treated with trust and respect by the clinic staff. Never had a dirty drop. Don't take benzos even thou I have a script, but instead deal with my anxiety and depression through diet and exercise. It makes my life better than ever. I can honestly say I have never been better than now.

Also, I like the clinic system. Even thou its a major pain to come in daily at first. I biked the first few months and so got in great shape. Because of this it didn't feel so bad. I get to have psychotherapy a few times a month for $10 a week which is jokingly cheap for therapy and meds.

My clinic is also very fair. They are a state agency and have no problem having people on a dose they need be it low or high. I know there is someone on 300mg and seriously that lady looks high as hell. I am on 35 mg. It's easier to wean off with the clinic than with a doctor because the clinic takes you down very slowly, I go down 1mg ever 4 days and in a few months I will be ready to get off if I want. I might have to due to licensing for work but I really don't want to cuz I function so well on it.

So yeah as you can see I am a proponent of MMT because it has done wonders to my life. I am better now than I have ever been even before I was using. I am not vegetating. I am a functional addict if you wanna label me. A ery functional one at that. I wish I could stay on this drug forever. It has no negative side effects for me. It is the best opiate I have ever tried and for some reason I never develop tolerance to it like I did with other opiates.

I am surprised that you have slight w/d at night at that high of a dose. At 35mg I sleep through the night ever night and have not had a problem with that. I dose once a day and like it that way cuz it holds me throughout the whole day and then at night I am sleepy and sleep til 7-8am.

The level you are comfortable at is very dependent on the person, how much they used before, and how long.

I had an extremely large habit before starting methadone and then ended up getting used to having 100-120mg of methadone/day.......When I started at this clinic them started me off at only 40 so I was still sick for a couple of weeks before starting to level off.

But everyone metabolizes methadone a little differently......with me I start to get flu like symptoms 10-12 hours after I dose. You may metabolize it much slower than I do.

OKAY WTF suboxone

My fucking heart rate is like 100bpm on this stuff does that mean ive taken too much or to little. Today ive taken about 2.5-4mg

That is pretty strange. I read a study that studied 14 people on Bupe, over an extended period of time. Less than 1% of the time did anybody exhibit any kind of increase while on suboxone. If anything it should lower it, as well as lower blood pressure. Could it be from another unrelated issue? Anxiety? Border-line withdrawal? Or could be a different medical condition all together. Strange.

The only time I have had those issues it was due to withdrawl.......

Have been taking a lot more than that recently?