Toxicology article from emedicine.com

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
I found this article to be very informative:
eMedicine Journal --> Emergency Medicine --> Toxicology -->
Toxicity, MDMA by D. Yew & I-H Hahn.
BigTrancer :)

hmm take with a pinch of salt..
started to lose more and more credibility (effects most likenned to speed+LSD???) , as i read through, then totally lost all when i got to the bit about Heroin in pills.
Loooots of salt needed, but yes a tiny bit of useful info. Doesn't do very much justice as to WHY the effects happen.. ie whats going on in the head during come-up plateu and come-down seratonin/dopeamine wise

^^^^^
I dunno... I think you're nit-picking... those were the only two bits that were questionable (and the first one isn't too bad anyway)...
I liked how it wasn't for or against, it was pretty much just the facts... there was probably a slight bias (there always is), but that was probably about as good as you get... :)

Admitedly, I've only just skimmed over the article, but I didn't see anything that I would regard as needing to be taken with a grain of salt...
The effects of MDMA can be described as those of a hallucinogenic amphetamine, combining some effects of amphetamine (ie, speed) with that of LSD (ie, acid). However, many of the effects are dose dependent, and auditory and/or visual hallucinations are not commonly observed. Much of the abuse potential lies in its pleasurable subjective effects (eg, empathy, euphoria, disinhibition, increased sensuality).
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Please, point out to me the part of it which you thought was wrong :)

Etester: it's supposed to be a resource for emergency personnel, not an erowid style guide to usage. And as far as discussion of MDMA complications go, it's one of the best papers I have read (and I've read a few).