Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

"Smacky?" (long)

ChrisV

Bluelighter
Regarding "smacky" pills... Everyone who visits this forum knows (or ought to) that there isn't heroin in pills (I don't even understand how that could possibly make sense to anyone, but anyway...). Some people hate the use of the word "smacky", but you have to describe effects somehow. I didn't even realise that it was derived from "smack" until I had been using the word a few weeks.
I seem to mean something different than a lot of other people when i say "smacky". Other people refer to sitting in the chillout area with a blissed out grin on their face having group massages as "smacky". That isn't what I mean at all. I judge the quality of MDMA not by whether I'm jumping around on the dance floor ready to take on the world, but by my overall level of happiness and euphoria. When I say "smacky" I mean that everything is an effort, including smiling. I mean that I'm sitting down totally zoned out of my surroundings, unable to move or get up, feeling sedated. I mean that I'm on the dancefloor but my body feels heavy and I can't move my legs. This happens to me quite often on the comeup and sometimes for the duration of the pill's effect. Most recently it happened on the comeup (0:30-1:00 after dropping) of an E=mc2 pill I had (reports seem to agree low dose MDMA). There were also moments of the same thing during the roll.
So what causes the above effects? Some people say set and setting, but I don't really buy that. I've had pills where I was having a pretty average night and the MDMA just picked me up and dragged me into seventh heaven. Maybe it's ketamine that causes it? I've never taken ketamine or had a pill that was a confirmed k-bomb, so I don't really know what the effects are. Some people blame such experiences on MDEA, but I don't buy that at all. I think most MD-type pills are MDMA.
My current theory is that low doses of MDMA have those kind of sedating effects. That would fit in with why it happens to me on comeups and also when taking what others agree are bad pills. That theory had a hole poked in it when I read a post on another thread by BigTrancer saying he thought low doses of MDMA were more "dancy" and high doses likely to be smacky. But I think we have different definitions of "high" and "low". when I say low I'm talking pretty low. Something like:
Low (guessing 40-80 mg): Smacky, sedated, lack of euphoria rushes lovey feeling etc.
Medium (guessing 80-140 mg): Good MD pill, the kind of bickies you're always trying to get your hands on. Euphoric, lovey, can be either dancy or relaxed depending on mood, setting etc.
High (140+ mg): MUNTED. High as a kite, but on the floor.
Of course the above mg amounts are just pure guesses and would vary from person to person.
What does everyone think?

Regarding your explanation of the word 'smacky', most of it will fall on deaf ears, as the word is almost universally hated here. The problem is not with regular users of the board, who know that there is virtually never opiates found in pills, but instead lies in perpetuating the myth, particularly with visitors and sporadic users.
The 'smacky' effects are just the result of a nice dosage of MDMA. A 'dancy' pill, more often than not, is used by many users to describe a pill containing other stimulants, eg. whip.
BTW, 140mg probably means that you'll be a puddled mess on the floor, wrapped around a teddy :)
*runs off to bed*

i disagree with the low dosage sedated statement, it wouldnt be logic and from personal experience i find low dosage to not have all that much effect.
And yeah i second the "smacky" as a stupid subjective "term"
All drugs affect people in different ways, MDMA has some weirdo effects on you

Some people say set and setting, but I don't really buy that. I've had pills where I was having a pretty average night and the MDMA just picked me up and dragged me into seventh heaven.That's still set and setting you realise? It's not about being in a good mood first or anything, it's anout being in a good physical location and your mindset being open for a positive experience regardless what state it's in.
You might have been having an average night, but that's not always bad set. I'd back on that bad night when you took the pill the thought entered your mind that the pill might help fix it. That is your set - you were willing to let go and see where it took you rather than having the set like "I'm in a bad mood now, why even bother".
It probably helped that you had good pills at the time, but yeah, you're mood switch happened because you had the sort of set that let it... :)

Setting and/or mindset can have alot to do with it.
For example. I had a blue fish late in november and it had me dancing for 4+ hours, really great effects.
I had one left which i had new years (1 month between doses). And i had a few issues on my mind. I took it and i was up and down in 1 hour. Even the worst pills i have ever had have lasted longer.
What i took it down to was me not having a good night, and having all these things on my mind worrying me. It couldnt have been pill related because i bought the 2 at the same time. And I had enough time between taking it for my body to fully recover.

Ok ok ok i confess i do use the term "smacky" when i have a ripper of a pill that smacks me on my ass and i can't move. It's just an easy term 4 me 2 use. I know there ain't no smack in pills but everyone knows what u mean when u say it..... sorry :(

unfortunately that is very very very not true..
smacky meanings:
1: smacky (heroin).. as understood by people without a clue
2: smacky .. bad, sedated, disoreintated, blured, special k kinda feeling etc.. unfortunately people with some sort of clue use this :(
3: smacky .. flood of seratonin / slide down wall rushing.. strong MDMA, planting you on your ass type thing. Also a term unfortunately used by people with some sort of clue :(
DAMMIT people just describe your effects properly like i have attempted to above. Then people know wtf u r talking about.

Smacky is a useless ajective to describe MDxx, there is plenty of better adjectives around, which i can't be bothered listing now.... use the thesaurus people! MDMA has been shown to have a very erractic nature, where the experience in individual users at the same dosage level has varied hugely, ie set and setting affect it alot. 100 mg give or take a little seems to be the sweet spot in most pills. 150 mg of MDMA is probably the best ever pill your going to find, if there are indeed pills with 150 mg. That amount will prolly turn you into a duck and u'll be flying to the pool to cool off. Your dosage description for smacky would also perpetuate the myth that crap pills contain heroin, which is not true most times there just a really low dose of speed or K and if they blow major donkey balls and do absolutely nothing they're either caffiene or a lollie.

Sorry my friends but smacky is quite right,my friends were smackin me around on the w/end cause i was in the corner and didnt want to dance.WHY IS IT SO?

I wasn't trying to stir up a debate over whether people should use "smacky" or some other adjective. I'm trying to find out WHY effects like being zoned out/sedated happen to me! I've had doses of MDMA where I'm up and dancing all night and I've had good pills where I've been sat in a corner all night. The common thread to them is that I feel good, not shithouse!
The weird thing for me is that I've never, ever had a good time on a bad (ie low dose) pill. It's not like half the dose makes me feel half as good. It's like there's a cutoff point which I have to hit before the MD flicks the switch in my brain. Maybe it's just disappointment at the quality of the pill that brings me down.
Pleonastic: Of course when I drop a pill, I hope it will improve my night. The difference is that the good ones do and the bad ones don't ;) . (Good and bad being judged from the sum total of the experiences of everyone who takes the pills).

True, but you'll find that the good ones don't improve your night either if you don't believe it will... this is from experience too not some theory... :)

Yeah, yeah. I know this thread has been done before, But:
If there was any decent amount of H in a given pill, the user would almost certainly vomit instantaniously on injesting the said pill. H is a very, very strong and harsh chemical.
Peace :)

To get enuf H in a pill for it to be orally active, you'd be swallowing a dinner plate :p (not quite, but it'd be hugez0r)