• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

would binder type materials be damaging to one's health?

Santiago

Bluelighter
Well interesting i must say!..so anyway sorry to the people that were mislead by myself.The real legitimate question i would like to ask however is "would binder type materials be damaging to one's health" if so what would test for this and in everyones opinion what would be the most likley used. i wouldnt like to have something dangerous!
[edit: topic title changed. - horsey]
[ 08 April 2002: Message edited by: Mr. Horse ]

Heh heh... well as the saying goes... ask a silly question, get a silly answer... and since the question isn't silly anymore here's my non silly answer! ;)
I've found from doing a quick google search that the common binders for "legit" drugs like asprin and panadol include the following:
starch
sugars (lactase)
talc
whey
yeast
Dunno if that helps, but it's probably a start... :)

Thanks PLEO :) sorry for stepping out of line il make sure it doesnt happen again!

Poor Santiago was looking like being the first ever person to go from Greenlighter to Bluelighter without a post on the board ;)

So on the Blue light , green light topic...whats is the difference anyway?? do i go to a blue lighter if iv'e been naughty...

Chuppa your info was very useful it seems that your on the ball. I spent plenty of time doing searches and it seems that xanthan gum is the most likley source of binder and this has a tendency to dissolve at a moderate rate & causes no harm to one's stomach.. so people need not worry if these binders are used.

Ive heard some people just line up and jizz in the powder... But dont worry guys, its only the off white pills that use the "jizz" binding method.
But if heard it contains a lot of zinc. so its prob good for u anyway.
Chem.
*eyes roll about*
[ 09 April 2002: Message edited by: ChEmIcaL_NiGhT ]

How about information on the efects of these when injecting an E, and how to minimize the harm involved. Many people in Australia are now doing this, and I think there is a serious lack in information to minimise harm.
[ 09 April 2002: Message edited by: SteveElektro ]

The binders in pills varies heaps based on what i've seen of them.. (ie crushing them up and chopping them into lines, or using a pill cutter to halve them).
Everything from silicon-like crap, to chalky chunks, pills with thin coloured coatings, to pills where it appears its just sugar and powder packed together fucking hard. The white diamonds of not too long ago have silicon-like shit in them.. very very weird. The pill is all stringy like used eraser pieces, big bits get stuck in your nasal hair - heh.
Something i've noticed in my personal experience as to pill quality based on binder - the harder the pill is to cut - the better quality it is. Altho, i'm sure that isn't always the case as 1000 people will like to correct me.

SupaspeeD.. i belive that your pretty right in what you say about hardness that the quality is general of higher standard. However like you said there will be no doubt that people are of other opinion on the subject. i myself wouldnt't like to have peices of rubber or string type materials lurking around inside my nasal.

With regards to the injecting ecsatsy question...
Theres a few things to keep in mind. You can (and absolutely should if injecting) test for the presence of MDxx, but you really have no idea what binders have been used. While most binders used are probably pretty benign, you never really know what you're gonna get.
The biggest problem with injecting pills is getting the filtering process right. Sometimes its not enough to use a standard venti cotton cig filter. Your local Needle and Syringe Program (NSP) or User Group should stock pill filters, which are specially designed for filtering pills. Not sure if they're free elsewhere in Aus, but they sometimes cost $1 each. Also, you should ask the folks at the NSP or User group how to correctly use the pill filters. There are a few tricks to the process when using pill filters. If you can't get pill filters, you'll need to filter your mix at least twice, or three times to be sure. Use a different filter and spoon each time. Don't use regualr filters from tailor made cigs either, coz these contain glass fibre. Use cotton filters only (available wherever smokes are sold), and be aware of small fragments of cotton getting into the mix/fit.
Take note of the consistency of the pill as you crush it up. Also take note of how well the pill dissolves. If it takes heaps of crushing, mixing, heat etc, maybe consider another way of taking your pill. If it looks dodgy, don't risk it.
Make sure you use a nice big vein. If the binders used in the pill are dodgy, you are more likely to get problems like clots if you've injceted into small veins, such as those in your hands or feet. Never inject below the waist, and don't inject pills into your hands.
Also be aware that there can be various injecting related problems that may emerge several days, or even weeks after injecting. If you get any weird looking sores (abscesses) anywhere on your body (not necessarily near the injection site) in the days or weeks after injecting a pill, find yourself a cool doctor. Again, your local NSP or user group should be able to hook you up with a good doc. Any wierd rashes, swelling, redness etc should be seen to by a doctor. Don't hesitate to ask for professional help if you have any wierd symptoms like I've mentioned above. It might cost you a limb.
If you need help locating a NSP or user group in your area, send me an email and I'll try and hook you up.
PS - Be blood aware when injecting. Hep C is a blood borne virus, transmitted through blood to blood contact only. It has become a major public health issue in Australia, mainly amongst people who inject drugs. There is currently no vaccine. It can also be passed through things like tooth brushes, razors, piercing, tattooing equipment, where the is direct blood to blood contact. Minute particles of blood invisible to the naked eye can transmit Hep C. Always wash your hands before and after, and take extreme care if injecting someone else, or being injected by someone else. Keep your eyes open for possible contamination. Don't share anything, including swabs, spoons, torniquet, water or fits.
[ 10 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]
[ 10 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

^
16.gif
Puttin' my own gold stars in :D
Nice one hardup! I was absolutely unaware of the existence of pill filters, and as such it has been my customary advice to avoid injecting MDMA pills because of the presence of binders and fillers. Thanks for such an informative post.
BigTrancer :)

The white diamonds of not too long ago have silicon-like shit in them.. very very weird. The pill is all stringy like used eraser pieces, big bits get stuck in your nasal hair - heh.
its wax