Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mouldy pills!! should i be worried?

corolla

Bluelighter
moldy pills!! should i be worried?

has anyone come across the problem of mold growing on pills before? is this some type of fungus that i want to consume?
here is the picture...
23156.jpg

random black splotches are covering these pills, which have just been purchased. they don’t seem to be moist or damp in any way. i didn’t take note until the issue was raised on pillreports.com (click here for the report)
should i be worried?

I guess it depends if you value the money or the uncertainty of eating a pill of unknown composition with an unknown fungus growing upon it. In terms of the dangers associated with the chemicals you're thinking of taking, would a few milligrams of unknown fungus be dangerous?
If in doubt, chuck em out.
BigTrancer :)

Firstly, maybe it's a secret way cool psychadelic.
On the other hand, gross. Would you eat crumpets/bread/anything else that had mould like that growing it? What makes the fact that it's on a pill different (food poisoning?)?
I have a some serious questions though - does it make you wonder what's been going on with the pill if there's mould (assuming it is mould) growing on it? What properties need to be true for mould to develop (organic matter, being stored in a damp environment, etc.)? Would this change your opinion of the person you bought them from?
[ 01 April 2002: Message edited by: anna! ]

I reckon they look more like burn marks, maybe from when they were made. I had a HQ once that kinda looked like this but the spots weren't as brown. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If you are, just scrape if off the pill.

they don't look like burn marks at all. and yes, by scrapping the surface the mark can be removed.
apparently i'm not the only one with this problem. maybe a particular dealer had these stored in a particular way that allowed the growth of mold or maybe they were made in a less than hygenic manner (& i'm not insinuating that pills are made in a hygenic manner ;) ). i don't know, however this is the first time i've ever seen/heard of this happening!!
i'm actually surprised that fungus can live on what i would have thought to be a strong chemical base (i.e. a pill).
sorry for not being too scientific on the matter, but that's all the info i have. ;)

Maybe there could be some prospects for developing new and improved drugs.
Imagine Magic mushrooms which had been raised on MDMA?
Hurrah!!

this is probably proof that you shouldn't finger your pills too much... and washing your hands before handling them to remove things like food may be a good idea!
if you're prepared to eat a pill (which could contain anything), surely you're prepared to eat a little mould?

well if you can scratch it off, should be all sweet?
i know it wouldn't go anywhere near my mouth with that shit on it..(presuming i had noticed it was on it)
almost looks like rust. weird hey.
*probably not the worst shit you find on pills*
[ 02 April 2002: Message edited by: doVe ]

a bunch of pink kangaroos I bought recently had spots on them similar to those, not quite as large though.
They were downed by one of my friends and everyone had a good time.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.

from the photo it looks like someones droped some cigarete ash on it and burt it. if your worried, i would just scrape that bit off.

Get down real close, pull out the magnifying glass and tell us, is it furry mould?
Mould grows on cheese and people pay three times the normal rate of cheese for that stinky shit. Feel honoured, you may have stumbled across a rare delicacy. If in doubt i'll leave you with this true tale;
"A few years ago i noticed my late uncle was repulsed by tomato sauce. Thinking, who the hell doesn't have a glob of sauce on their hamburger or a blob of ketchup on their fries on the odd ocassion - i pressed him to explain this queer behaviour. And so i was relayed one of the most replusive stories of food hygiene i was ever told. It made maccas, the king of mystery meals, look like small fries. As a young lad he had a job in a tomato sauce factory, a company which still exists to this day i warn you all!!! He and a small team of other non-english speaking migrants had the joyous job of overseeing the main vat, stirring and fishing around for anything fishy. Anyway, one morning, after a full night of devilish drinking one of the team members felt a clenching in the pit of the stomach and before anyone could say, 'here's a bucket Bob,' a lovely cocktail of fermented woggy foodstuffs, alcohol and stomach juices was added to the recipe. Like Arnie in Terminator 2, the chunky mush sunk into the big red. The batch went through, in those days a 'health inspector' was the local doctor and no one was going to put their job on the line and tell the supervior. So, for the remainder of his life, my uncle would keep at arms distance from tomato sauce."
The moral of the story is, its a fact of life that you eat far worse things on a daily basis... and avoid any tomato sauce dating back to the late 50's like the plague!

Corolla, if you haven't already eaten them by now, try cutting one in half and see if the marks go all the way through the pill. If they do, I'd guess it's more likely to be something to do with the manufacturing process. But it does look some sort of surface scorch mark to me. Personally I'd scrape it off and risk it anyway, but BT's advice is better-"if in doubt, chuck em out"

we had them. they were fun. 'nuff said.
ps. corolla told me to tell you that he scraped one and it came off. also he didn't tell me that they were mouldy before i had it, and can't really say that i cared too much. compared to some of the bacteria i've eaten whilst in thailand over the past 9 months, a little pill mould can't even come close.

I'm glad you are ok (and im glad the pills were ok!), i was thinking, maybe it was a tiny bit of pilltester stuff that reacted on the surface of the pill and got discoloured? Just a thought, could be wrong. :)

You probably don't have anything to worry about... but how about if you had one that looked like this?
From jb's pill photo archive:
weird.jpg

Heh heh.
BigTrancer ;)

we bought some white mitzy's around new years which had some spots on them. a friend was very dubious in purchasing saying they have probably been hiding in a bag or something, buried?????
but turned out ok after tested so necked em
and were fine.. not any where near as bad as bt's though!!!! :)
[ 05 April 2002: Message edited by: kingdory ]