• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

jaw sticking out nearly 48 hours after last pill?

melancholic

Bluelighter
after having a pink kangaroo/qantas in halves throughout saturday night, and smoking a lot of weed over the entire weekend, its now late monday night, and my jaw is sticking out - much like when rolling.
now i know its not some stupid thing which im doing to myself, ie i know for sure im not doing it myself and not realising it. i know this because when im 'coming up' my jaw usually shakes ever so slightly (not visible, but i can feel it) and then it begins to stick outwards - and i get the underbite. and if i try and pull my jaw back under, its like two south ends of a magnet coming together - it will happen with force, but its not comfortable and it goes back out.
what is happening now, is that my jaw is not shaking at all, but its sticking out, and it takes a lot of strain on my jaw muscle to move it back inwards.
is it possible for the mdma to still be in my body? or for what other reason could my jaw be sticking out? an oversupply of dopamine in my body? i really have no idea...
ive had this happen to me before.. notably after one of those awesome pink hearts.

Could be muscle tension of some description, perhaps try some anti-oxidants, 5-HTP and magnesium supplements to help recover quicker. Anti-oxidants will help to mop up free radicals that may be created when dopamine is broken down by monoamine oxidase. 5-HTP will help prop up your rollercoastering serotonin system. Magnesium supplments should aid your muscles to stop cramping and tightness.
BigTrancer :)

MDMA can cause a temporary condition called a dystonia/dystonic reaction, although it isn't well documented and is therefore probably not common. This is a type of severe muscle spasm, that usually involves muscles in the neck, face or trunk - in the jaw it could be described as feeling like lockjaw. Dystonia's are more commonly associated with anti-psychotic medications and some anti-depressants, but can occur with amphetamines including MDMA. I believe I have had a neck dystonia twice after MD** - it passed eventually but it sucked at the time.
Dystonia's are thought to be caused by an imbalance between levels of dopamine and acetylcholine (ie: higher levels of acetylcholine). Medical treatment of a dystonia includes anti-cholinergic drugs like benztropine or diphenhydramine (used more in USA than Aus) or benzodiazepines. I suggest you see a Dr if it doesn't pass - mind you, they will probably have never heard of MDMA associated dystonia...
Here's a page from MAPS - it talks about a dystonia of the neck muscles (called torticollis).
[ 26 March 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]

a friend of mine has a jaw issue too... only i reakon he's permanently altered its position. really, no bull. i've known him 10 years and to me his jaw just seems to be way more protruding than it ever was. when he takes bikkies, and might i add thats been way more than most of you would consider either sensible or possible, his jaw protrudes outta control... it looks well ugly, but i know he thinks its super cool.
Am i just imagining this long term Effect?

ta BT - unfortunately my pre/post loading level has reduced to just 5htp and magnesium if ive got them... but ill get some anti-oxidants again
:)
ahh thanks babydoc... but it definately goes away... ive had a protruding jaw on numerous occasions a couple days after rolling, but its only like an on and off sort of thing. like last night it was out for a like half an hour, then went back to normal. ive been fine today. i was just curious as to why
actually ive got a semi-long term problem with it as well. both me and my sister have bottom jaws which are growing faster than the top. my sister had to get a plate to speed up the top jaws growth rate... and now i seem to be developing the same problem. btw shes 13 and never had any encounter with drugs, heh.
im a little worried that my mdma use might be worsening my problem... but im unsure. im still in the process of making an appiontment with the dentist and orthodontist to figure out if i need a plate or something. should i mention that i use mdma?
[ 26 March 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]

I don't think MDMA would make your underbite permanently worse, but I can see how it would feel that way temporarily. I don't think it will be relevant to your orthodontic treatment, so you don't have to tell the orthodontist. It's usually a hereditary problem (I bet one of your parents or their siblings has the same problem.) If you get braces, you will find that the teeth gringing and jaw clenching from MD** and speed will make braces cut your mouth. Which sucks. If you get a plate, I think the jaw tension could snap the plate.

hmmmm, well its good to hear that it couldnt be making it worse
however, cutting and plate snapping are not good things to hear, this could put a serious limit on my substance abuse
oh well i guess id rather look normal and miss out on pills for 6 months, than eat pills and not set things right.

Or, not wear the plate at those times. Oh, and listen carefully when the orthodontist does your initial examination - he will assess "bruxism" or teeth grinding, so you can see whether you are doing any damage.

I had braces while rolling and i didn't notice any cuts in my mouth... I was in my last few months of having braces so i guess my mouth was used to them. It can be pretty bad initially tho..
The 1st time I did grind the crap out of my teeth. After that i had chewy and it was fine and no the chewy doesnt get stuck all thru your braces (as i had once thought).
As for the plate well i have one now i just dont wear it the nite i go out, I just put it back in the next day after my sleep.
Sorry if its off topic, just hought it mite help... :)

I've had a shakey jaw until the next night but not 48 hours, that's insane.
Can I suggest some gaffa tape?