PDA

View Full Version : Cooking up a shot; heroin, some questions?

chugs
16-02-2011, 11:19
Hi All

I searched through FAQs, and some guides, and a global search with the word heroin in the title for bluelight threads but I didn't find what I was looking for regarding how to cook up a shot.

I have some questions. Should one heat the heroin up with some water, or the should it just dissolve at room temperature. I've always wondered that like CWE for codeine shouldn't you use cold sterile water to dissolve the heroin?

What about micron filters. Any good brands etc?

I've been lead to believe that you shouldn't wipe the site after injection as that causes further issues? Just wipe it clean before you start right?

stoneydaze08
16-02-2011, 11:25
i always heat my heroin with water in the cooker/spoon and at least where im from in socal everyone i know does the same thing..

i dont know much about micron filters.. i know they are obviously good for getting most of if not all the junk in drugs that require filtering...

i wipe after injection as well but maybe that is just me..

zagzig
16-02-2011, 11:31
If the gear is halfway decent it should pretty much dissolve with room temp. water. You could try heating it if it didn't completely dissolve, however...

No idea about brands of micron filters...

and yeah, I most swabs I've used are explicitly labelled for use preinjection.

Mr Blonde
16-02-2011, 11:45
Wiping afterwards will just increase the time it takes for bleeding through the injection site to stop.

As for micron filters... whatever they hand out at the needle exchange should be fine, cheap too.

SpiritFolk
16-02-2011, 11:54
Most rock gear should mix up at room temp. I have only had brown gear that needed heating up to dissolve in Australia once or twice. Also this guy showed me a way to dissolve brown gear using lemon juice. Has anyone seen this done before with heroin?

Mr Blonde
16-02-2011, 11:56
^ Using lemon juice is a very bad idea! Look up endocarditis, it can cause infections of the heart and eyes which are very bad.

If you need to use anything, try pure citric acid... you can get it from some pharmacies. Ask at a compounding pharmacy and they could very possibly help you out.

Angel Dust
16-02-2011, 12:22
It should dissolve in room temperature water, you only need to cook up brown gear. And using lemon juice is a VERY bad idea as mentioned already! It's not used to dissolve the gear but because brown H is alkaline and needs acid to become water soluble. Hypothetically speaking, I've never seen real brown stuff in Australia, but in another country I used to live in it was all that was available. And vials of citric acid could be bought at the supermarket.

lynnie
16-02-2011, 12:22
chugs you been here since 2004 you should know the in's and out's of "h" as you should know it could take many years to come totally off it.

lagger
16-02-2011, 12:54
never heat heroin in austtralia we dont get that dirty tar shit in america and the UK
it dissolves in cold water anyway. just filter it

lagger
16-02-2011, 12:55
i wipe after injection as well but maybe that is just me..

thats what kicks the hit in for me :) i think its the smell mostly as i used to IV meth so i would get increased smell due to opening my nostrils more and the isopropyl just hits the spot

drug_mentor
16-02-2011, 15:54
I don't believe the #4 heroin typically seen in Australia should need heat to dissolve, I don't IV personally but have witnessed IV heroin use on numerous occassions and heat never needed to be applied that I recall. I tried plugging heroin just last week and it required no heat to dissolve and I used no more water than would be neccessary to perform an IV injection.

I believe wiping the injection site after using makes it bleed for longer, this is particularly the case when using an alcohol swab to wipe the fresh injection site as alcohol prevents blood from clotting. I believe the best course of action is to apply slight pressure on the injection site with sterile cotton for a short period of time but I may be mistaken. A band aid seems like it could be a good option as if they were unsterile they surely would be unsuitable for cuts, although they may be a tad obvious on the crook of the arm or other common injection sites.

I would just like to reiterate that I am not an IV drug user so I am far from the most qualified to comment.

leftwing
16-02-2011, 23:33
heating the solution is going to allow the otherwise (possible) insoluble particles/cut that have been added to the heroin. as people have said it's best to use room temp water. saline injection water is ideal.

lemon/lime juice is a huge no as the fungi within it can in some cases cause blindness to the eyes after some exposure. use white vinegar if you mus help break it down.

a micron filter is also a great idea.

happy shooting:)

Seith
17-02-2011, 04:38
I don't believe the #4 heroin typically seen in Australia should need heat to dissolve, I don't IV personally but have witnessed IV heroin use on numerous occassions and heat never needed to be applied that I recall. I tried plugging heroin just last week and it required no heat to dissolve and I used no more water than would be neccessary to perform an IV injection.

I believe wiping the injection site after using makes it bleed for longer, this is particularly the case when using an alcohol swab to wipe the fresh injection site as alcohol prevents blood from clotting. I believe the best course of action is to apply slight pressure on the injection site with sterile cotton for a short period of time but I may be mistaken. A band aid seems like it could be a good option as if they were unsterile they surely would be unsuitable for cuts, although they may be a tad obvious on the crook of the arm or other common injection sites.

I would just like to reiterate that I am not an IV drug user so I am far from the most qualified to comment.
I've had 2 blood tests and 2 IM injections in the past 10 days and they all followed this procedure.

lagger
17-02-2011, 05:24
ouch IM is bad

ayjay
17-02-2011, 06:58
Best water to use is sterile water for injection - no need for saline and not generally what NSPs in Australia carry.

Pretty much all heroin in Australia is salt heroin - it will dissolve in water without the need for acidifiers (citric acid etc) BUT occasionally there are some really hard rocks going round that definitely dissolve a bit easier with some heat.

Traditionally, the vast majority of heroin coming into Australia has come from the Golden Triangle (number 4) - however over the last few years we are definitely getting gear from West Asia (ie Afghanistan and surrounds). Fortunately, the heroin from these areas is now also predominantly salt form.

In terms of filtering - it is definitely a good idea to filter your mix. Frankly - a micron filter is a bit of overkill for heroin. A small piece of cotton wool is pretty fine. If you can get them, Sterifilts are great (10um filter) but not always available - they go right over the needle on a 1ml fit.

Swabbing the injection site before you inject is the go - but also simple hygiene practices like washing your hands (before and after) and having a clean space to prepare your shot.

Injecting hits harder and is more efficient than other methods - so take it easy and don't overdose! As the old saying goes - better two holes in your arm than one in the ground!

Seith
17-02-2011, 07:12
ouch IM is badIn the ass cheek :p.

drug_mentor
17-02-2011, 07:37
Ayjay can I ask why you believe a micron filter would be 'overkill' for heroin? As already stated in this thread I am not an IV heroin user, and I am certainly aware that the overwhelming majority of times that heroin is filtered it is not with a micron filter.

I have always wondered why more drug users, particularly educated ones like bluelighters, don't use a micron filter to filter their street drugs (apart from the obvious which is price, but really they cost pennies compared to the drugs you are injecting). I may be mistaken but I thought .22ug micron filters were capable of filtering bacteria. Does it not seem likely that out of the many hands your drugs pass through and adulterants that are added in the meantime before reaching you that SOME bacteria would get into your speed/heroin/whatever?

Perhaps I am mistaken and there is little to no potential for bacteria in street drugs, but personally if I were to inject an adulterated, illicit drug I would be spending the extra buck or two per shot for the piece of mind micron filters surely give those who use them.

belarki
17-02-2011, 07:49
^ I think you hit the nail on the head with the cost. Also there's the extra prep time. Of course the safest and healthiest practice would be to use one for every injection but that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I'd say they are absolutely essential when shooting pills of any kind though.

drug_mentor
17-02-2011, 08:03
It really is a shame that they can't provide them cheaper or even free of charge, it would be seriously interesting to compare the long term effects of IV heroin use when filtered with a cotton as opposed to a micron filter, I bet theres a big difference.

I certainly agree that microns are essential for shooting pills, I have just always been a bit baffled that people seem terrified of a little talc or wax in their pill shot but have little to no concern for the possible nasties in street drugs that a cotton just cannot filter out.

lagger
17-02-2011, 09:57
Can I recommend not getting into it hardcore without being a party pooper.

When your shooting up in your car as soon as you've scored you NEED TO STOP and get a grip

candybaby87
17-02-2011, 10:15
i shoot roxys and i just use a cig filter, im not saying its the best way but i have never got an infection. my brother shoots herion and use to shoot oc80 and he is fine. he has been shooting for 10 yrs using cig filters. i think if u clean the spoon,needle, arm and the filter hasnt been laying on the floor then i would say go for it but u should also use ur own brain and get a better filter than a cig filter. i dont heat my roxys at all. my brother has always heated his but u loss some of the drug but maybe thats y he has never gotten an infection. u b careful. what is the herion high like? i have snorted half of a 10 sack one time, im a chicken. i didnt really feel anything but my chest get warm like it was kickin in but it went away. so whats it like and how much should i use to get a good high?????

lagger
17-02-2011, 10:27
its hard for us to say you're in america. the dope is different. and the dose is different per batch in any country

shootings pills is a bad idea bro. there is probably billions of particles from roxys and OC's clogging your heart or the back of your eyes right now. you will lose a body part soon enough if you keep it up, a cigarette filter does not filter out all the bad stuff from pills. trust me there is various threads in other drugs forum about oxycontin and other oxy pills binders and fillers that get through the filter and present themselves as particles clogging your veins up

Sustanon
17-02-2011, 10:49
I dont think that location has to do with anything as Joe down the street can be using the exact same h that originated from the same place but could be way stronger or less potent than the one u have. If it doesnt dissolve well then u can try using warm water. Its always a good idea to just wipe the injection spot with a isopropyl alcohol wipe. Hope u have thought everything through to the last bit, i have considered IV-ing things but in the end i have always managed to keep myself from doin it. Once u find a better and cheaper ROA then it will be hard to look back. Like mentioned before its tough and im sure u dont want to go down that path. Good luck man.

chugs
17-02-2011, 10:51
chugs you been here since 2004 you should know the in's and out's of "h" as you should know it could take many years to come totally off it.

well i was an addict in the 90s, stopped soon before 00s, and yes much of what has been said I knew of or about but I wanted it confirmed. Its been a bit hazy to remember those things with the certainty that I want when injecting a powerful and dangerous substance.

Re the addiction thing, i think there is a time when you come to terms with the why of those dark days. Addictions cease to hold the power they once had over you.

I think these days I have far too much I can afford to lose through stupidity of not being methodical and careful. far too busy to fuck it up jabbing myself with a needle five times a day and listening to cure albums and my life fade away.

it was pure random luck (i've had a strange week of weird shit going on) that i came across a little bit of this stuff. I doubt it'll come my way for another 10 years. thus my curiosity to give myself a little bit of a reminiscence.

I wanted to double check that nothing had changed. No new research, device or practice that would make what I might do more safer.

anyway wish me luck

lagger
17-02-2011, 10:58
cool man, have fun. be safe seems like you know what to do and was smart checking up

leftwing
17-02-2011, 17:59
- no need for saline and not generally what NSPs in Australia carry.

every NSP i've ever visited has given out saline solution in my experiences.

i'm not disagreeing with you but thats been my experience.

MrIbis
17-02-2011, 22:23
^not here in vic, they generally don't carry it.

Just the standard water for injection bp.

Flexistentialist
17-02-2011, 22:31
In all the Qld NSPs I've worked in, we've supplied sterile water, not saline.

belarki
18-02-2011, 03:56
^ just out of interest, what's the shelf life of the sterile water provided (unopened of course)?

lagger
18-02-2011, 04:56
According to Pfizer Australia

Water for Injections will only be used if the package is undamaged, the use-by (expiry) date marked on the pack has not been passed and the solution is clear, colourless and free of particles. It must not be injected unless it has been used to dissolve or dilute
necessary drugs to be administered by your doctor or nurse.

But i c ant remember seeing exp dates on the plastic vials given in the black boxes or yellow tubes

belarki
18-02-2011, 05:08
^ yeh I'm pretty sure the ones I've seen don't have expiry dates... I'll have to check at some stage. I don't think they're bacteriostatic either, just pure/filtered water? I guess if the NSPs in mid-north QLD give out saline it could be different everywhere in Australia?

lagger
18-02-2011, 05:16
I used to use those $1 waters from the cheap 7-11's if we had no water vials left, then you can have a cold drink after you shoot up. :P

chugs
19-02-2011, 13:53
holy shit the smack is strong at the moment

leftwing
20-02-2011, 01:37
Best water to use is sterile water for injection - no need for saline and not generally what NSPs in Australia carry.

^not here in vic, they generally don't carry it.

Just the standard water for injection bp.

my bad, was looking in the wrong bag and through some wonky eyes. i generally boil tap water.

felxistentialist has posted an eye opening study regards to regular water used for (street) injection; ie - BP solution vs boiled tap water vs gutter water, etc. boiled tap water came out on top.

lagger
20-02-2011, 02:46
Boiled is good, keep it hot and make th shot fast and it adda an extra hot nice feeling rush in your veins

ayjay
22-02-2011, 02:30
Sterile water lasts 2 years from manufacture - dates are moulded into the ampoule (not printed on with ink)

@Belarki - I say micron filter for heroin is overkill because risk of bacterial contamination of shot is pretty small - compared with contamination risks from other parts of the injection process. It's much more important to wash hands, use new equipment, have a clean space to prepare your shot and swab the injection site. I have known people who have contracted endocarditis (serious infection of heart valves) simply from persistent non-swabbing.

People with compromised immune function would be well advised to use 0.22um filter every time they inject, as would people who have previously had serious infections like endocarditis. Everyone else is probably going to be ok without.

In terms of particulate contamination - there may be the odd big chunk of crap in a typical heroin or speed deal that will be easily removed with a cotton filter. Mind you - if you haven't washed your hands before making a filter that is another potential source of bacterial contamination! Sterifilt are a good option (about 30c each) because they don't have to be handled and they are a finer filter than a street filter (Sterifilt rated 10um but almost a 5um in tests).