Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

5htp in Sydney! And hidden pills!

Smil-E

Bluelighter
When I was at TT, a girl gave me a little glowing light as she was walking past i took it, played with it all nite and didnt think anything of it. A week later I went to Plastic with my non-raver gf, phoenixowen, she took the light in thinking nothing of it. Danced all nite yada yada yada.
Next day she was at home and the light was out of batteries, she opened it up, and found a Green Apple in it. She freaked!!!!! She has never even seen a pill b4. True story.
Also a health food store may be setting up at raves. But wants to know the interest of Ravers (would you buy l-tryptophan or powder 5htp)at the store while at raves, jsut a thought.
So yeah she freaked out, I came over and diposed of it. She got searched and all so she was all shook up the next day.
[ 24 March 2002: Message edited by: Smil-E ]

nah man i flushed it, it had all battery acid, and i didnt know what it was!

Good policy! If you don't know what it is, or cannot establish what it is carefully, then chuck it away.
BigTrancer :)

Yeah i'd buy 5-htp and tryptophan at a rave but I'd want to know that this was a reputable health food store and not some shady money making scheme.
I'll icq you about information on the store.
[ 25 March 2002: Message edited by: Mirage ]

oh so you leave your drugs for the shady quick money schemes. No, no we must have a good reputable health store at our raves!!!!!!!
sorry im very bored at work and its been a long w/end
:p

Mirage, do your other drugs come from a "reputable" source?? :)
I'd love to see a store selling 5HTP and the like. So long as the prices were competative with purchasing online that is :)
DJC*

LMAO! DJC*: They used to have fruit stands at the docks in Melb selling bananas for $2 each... you think 5-HTP will be cheap as online prices?
It's a party, every vendor price is sure to be doubled and doubled again from store prices. Plus I'm not sure that you'd be able to sell supplements at a party --- the organisers would love media pics of ravers running around dumping little caps filled with white powder at their event...
BigTrancer :)

That's not what I meant...
A while ago when reading up on tryptophan I came across this article which startled me a little.
In the summer and fall of 1989, an epidemic outbreak of eosinophilia-myalgia syndrome (EMS) occurred in the United States
In certain epidemiological studies, more than 95 percent of the cases of EMS were traced to L-tryptophan supplied by Showa Denko K.K. of Japan
Some individuals suffering from L-tryptophan-related EMS have recovered, while other individuals' illnesses have persisted or worsened over time.
I doubt the same problem would happen again but I just don't want some yr12 chemistry students cooking up this shit in their back yard shed and selling it to me at the next utopia..
:p
[ 26 March 2002: Message edited by: Mirage ]

are we talking about trytophan or 5-htp? i'm pretty sure it's only tryptophan that can cause diseases like that (because it's produced by bacteria). 5htp on the other hand is just a plant extract, ie much safer.

Yeah i have spoken to my mate, and he seems pretty interested to set up this stall, he just needs to find out if it would be worth his while or not. The store is Healthy Life, St.ives, u can check it out if u wish, so there would be no problem there. Im keen to meet everyone at Utopia, if u guys dont mind, i met Fb1 (although he cant remember) and smil-e at TT, and thats how i got involved with bluelight. So ill bring my friend along and some of your guys with a bit more knowledge than myself can sit down with him and have a chat, then he should be won over. Take it easy guys

Isn't it illegal to sell 5htp anywhere except queensland? So I take it your friend would just be selling tryptophan?
It's an idea, but I wouldn't be buying any as I know the prices would be ridiculous!

*chaoscat* you beat me to it! if it's illegal to sell 5htp in stores everywhere around australia (except queensland), then why would it be legal to sell them at parties? it's a great idea, but so is selling drugs at parties, and that's not legal either.