Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Children being sold pills as lollies!

belky21

Bluelighter
My mum is a manager of a certain medical organisation that sponsors police events and campaigns. I came over the other night and she told me with a shocked look on her face
"Did you know that they are selling ecstacy tablets to young children in schools now! Dealers are targeting young children who don't know what drugs are, they tell them they are just lollies and they should eat them and they make them with patterns like 'harry potter' to attract the young kids"
After laughing I asked her where she got this from?
Apparently the Local police are starting an advertising campaign warning parents of primary school students about the new epidemic, and those bastard dealers who are tricking kids into eating pills instead of M&M's LOL
Now I want to know where their proof is?
why are they scaring the shit out of parents for no reason?
Has this ever happened?
Where do young kids get the money to buy these pills? My sister is in primary school and to her $5.00 is like winning tattslotto!
Are there really DD's who are so immoral? There's enough of an adult market out there not to need to prey on primary school kids surely?
My guess is the police are just short of funds and decided to scare some uninformed soles into handing over cash!

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!! the story is stupid. and this is a stupid post. belky21 do u know a dd who would give away $ to 10 year olds? this is just propaganda and plain bullshit really..... :(
My guess is the police are just short of funds and decided to scare some uninformed soles into handing over cash!
i think u awnsered your question.
[ 22 March 2002: Message edited by: Psy-Dancer ]

What the original poster said is quite common these days, however - in that the media write up shock value articles such as Harry Potter pills being targeted at children, and thus the urban myths are created. How else do we get fucked up stories like heroin in pills, if someone doesn't think up a stupid idea and get it publicised widely by the media?
Who cares that facts don't make good tabloids? Belky21's mum probably believes this story because she was told by someone she trusts, who in turn probably also believes the story because they were told by someone, or read it somewhere, or whatever. Somewhere along the line the culprit exists who has either embellished the truth, or made up a horseshit story to meet a deadline, or told lies to their friends to sound cool or make extra sales or turn away someone's business... it's hardly the fault of the people for listening to those that they trust. However, they may be guilty of not using common sense or notionally contesting the facts to sort out the truth behind the rumour.
BigTrancer :)

attend a utopia event (or any large scale all ages) and ask anyone who looks young and off their trolly how old they are.

^^
that's why i hate all-ages parties.
it's like a game of chinese whispers. every time someone tells someone else what they heard about drugs, they add a little bit just to make the story sound better, and themselves seem more "in the loop".
but i guess the police going to primary schools is aimed at getting a head-start in the just-say-no campaign. but i can't imagine any DD hanging around primary schools just to give kids pills. disguised as lollies? those would be some rotten tasting lollies! And why would a kid pay $40 for one lolly? Nah, a DD might as well wait for when the kid is old enough to earn money to PAY for pills, and when the peer pressure really hots up in early secondary school ;)
$0.02

ROFL.... What a load of fucking shit, this is what makes me hate cops and the media, just shows how much time they really do have on their hands to make up complete bullshit stories such as this.

setting all logic aside for a minute, even if dealers were giving drugs to kids, do you think they would eat them? pills taste shitty. give one to a kid and call it a lollie and 5 seconds later it would be a lollie spat out on the ground
that is all

I know why she said this. Around new years when the harry potter pills were around, there was a news story around (not sure if it was tv or newspaper).
This story mentioned the pills having 'harry potter' logos on them. And bascically stated that drug dealers are targeting the youth market with their design. Obviously someone has read the story, and changed/misinterpreted it slightly.
I'll try to find a link for you.

I think some of you misunderstood my post...
I KNOW that the story is BS!!!
I read the article about the Harry Potters and Laughed (long and hard)
But My mum was not part of a chain of rumor, she got the story straight from the cops!!
Obviously the story stemed from someones assumption a while ago but is it right for the cops to now waste peoples money and further spread the rumour with no proof at all??
Getting a head start on drug awareness... maybe, but perpetuating BS they heard in the media is not what I am paying police to do (tax dollars)

I think these stories just help parents sleep at night because there was a pervieved threat and the authorities are being seen do do something about it. Now they can "educate" their children about stranger danger, and to not to eat anything given to them by someone they don't know.
I don't think it hurts that much, it's just a stupid rumour - although I do agree that the money police will spend on this campaign could be better spent elsewhere...

But My mum was not part of a chain of rumor, she got the story straight from the cops!!
Obviously the story stemed from someones assumption a while ago but is it right for the cops to now waste peoples money and further spread the rumour with no proof at all??
Individual police repeat what they were told on a current affair, just like every average joe does!
Unless it's an official police report or something, what they tell you is just their uneducated opinion. When I got roadraged, the police officer taking my statement said three times "He MUST have been on marijuana". That particular cop believed marijuana was definitely the cause of someone being violent, even when I said he could have been drunk. Police aren't always the brightest crayon in the box!

*chuckles*
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
-plaz out-