Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Medical checks - what to do?

Rememberence

Bluelighter
In the process of obtaining my permanent residency in the US, apparrantly I must go for a medical check up amongst other things. I'm not sure of what they check, what they look for, or how strict they are, but I've been told that it may involve a blood test.
Of course, the question I am asking is how long would I need to have a break from taking anything (MDMA, Methamphetamine, Amphetamine) to be safe?
I have asked a few friends their opinions, but they are hardly professional. I was hoping I could get a response from someone with decent experience, namely BigTrancer... :)
Thanks in advance!

Ask and ye shall receive... but search and ye shall find... (unfortunately search is temperamental at this time).
Ampthetamines (including ecstacy) are usually eliminated from the body within 48-72 hours.
BigTrancer :)

thnx BT :D
yea I searched but it didn't seem to work at the time.
So you're sure I won't have trouble with the blood test if I wait say, a week?

Hi Rememberance...
I had to ask these questions as well, so i didnt screw up a job application, anyway, back to topic.
I spoke to the Australian Drug and Information Service and QML (Queensland Medical Laboratories)
They said that MDMA and Speed are approximately
2-7days.
Thats for a urine test. I asked about blood tests and QML lady said she'd been doing drug tests for 20 years and done 1 blood test, for a court case.
She said urine testing is done because its alot cheaper than blood testing.
Erowid says:
MDMA: 3-5days heavy use and will trigger tests for amphetemines
Methamphetimines: 24-96 hours
GHB: 12-24hours
Cocaine:48-72hours.
Thats just to name a few.
Go to www.erowid.org
Go into the plants ans drugs section
Scroll down til u see the Drug Testing link,
then click on Info by Substance.
Hope that helps!
[ 21 March 2002: Message edited by: glory_glamour ]

just cos im curious, what about THC in marijuana? and in the event of THC appearing in your blood, are you denied a permanent residency?

Unfortunately for those in a testable position, THC can bind to lipids (fats) and remain detectable in your hair and fat cells for far longer than amphetamines.
Drug Testing Information by Erowid
The above link contains information about testing for many kinds of drugs. From within the Cannabis link it states:
Tested for in Standard Drug Tests? YES
Detection Period in Urine Single Use: 48-72 hrs
Detection Period in Urine Habitual Use: up to 12 weeks
NOTE: Ibuprofen (Neurofen), Naproxen (Aleve) and Riboflavin (Vit B-2) can cause false positives for THC.
BigTrancer :)