Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills and similar manufacturers

psycotik

Bluelighter
Quite often on pill reports you hear about people saying "this is from the maker of xxx". I was just wondering what pills people knew are from similar manufacturers, and what is it that tells you that they are? Im just wondering this to see if they are always similar quality/effects or different for each batch.
eg. pill 1, pill 2, pill 3
id: all have double score and are 3.5mm

Pretty much it's the shape and appearance of the pill people are going on. Certain pill presses leave particular marks on the pills or have a characteristic shape that becomes identifiable after awhile.
Example: Honda, Lightning, ABC all have similar dimensions, similar domed shape, similar double score on the back, etc.
By placing two of the above pills side-by-side, the only difference is the colour and logo. That's how people come to assume that a particular kind of pill comes from the same makers as previous known pills. It's not an indication of continued quality, but it can be reassuring if the manufacturers in question are consistent.
BigTrancer :)

well said bt, and we all know what assumtion is dont we????? yes thats right .. the mother of all fuckups!!!! whos to say that there isnt 10k pill manufacturers out there who use the same, or very simler press', i wouldnt judge a pill on its appreance, people test your pills!!!!!, keep in mind, that you cant tell a person is nice from there apperance either, you have to get to know them, so treat your pills as you would treat yourself or anyone else for that matter!!

Basically it's pure speculation. The pill press manufacturers sell more than one press of each model, so a same dimension doesn't mean much.
How many 8 x 4 pills are out there?

for sure be ever sceptical.. but..
if similar looking pills were falling into my hands from the same source, i assume that the manufacturer, large buyer, transporter, local distributor, all have a solid network in place and can repeat the process over and over again.
from last year...the green and orange ? marks, followed by the orange and pink chanels, i am fairly certain (in my mind) came from the same cook. the quality in those pills created a new benchmark for me in cleanliness and euphoria.
i think time is your biggest variable here. ive always imagined the big wigs of international drug distribution to be constantly changing. ive always picture it as a "get in, make big bucks, get out.." type of racket. itd just be too fucking dangerous to stick around for too long.
so one dude runs the show for a couple of months. then he passes it to an associate who has different business ideas. he might be greedier and put less MD in each pill. but he's using the same ingredients, machines, and distribution networks as the last guy. hence movements in quality in similar lookin pills.
then the whole shop gets busted. cops confiscate the machines, but through a corrupt leak the machines end up in the hands of a whole different bunch of dudes. they source their chemmies from different places. their chemical reactions may differ slightly or hugely from the original. but the pills are coming out of the same presses so they look the same. with maybe only a whole different colour scheme.. the new dudes fancied natural earth colours perhaps :)
my mind continues to wander...
tony :)
[ 09 March 2002: Message edited by: fat tony ]

I also think a large contributing factor to statements like this is that people not only want to feel that they're hooked up & near the action, but more importantly they like others to think so.
Their dealer might have told them 'it's from the same people' and so they pass this on to try & big note themselves.
After all, my understanding has it (and no I'm not pretending I'm near the action :) ), than over 90% of decent MDMA pills we get here are from Europe, hence even the big fish in Australia aren't always THAT close to whats going on. I don't really see how people can KNOW, they can guess upon the appearence of a pill & also the quality, but thats about it.

Pills with similar makers - how do you know? Well as Bt said - same physical appearance is a dead ringer, just a diff colour but the presses are similar shape, location on pill etc, press is same. Think of the two batches of white diamonds, that is a very unique shape, i think that no-one would have imitated it.
And as fat tony said - same people, saying it's the same things. Although i disagree with people getting in and getting out, i don't know of many people that only enter the game for a few months, i asuume it would be anywhere near that easy, especially on the production side of things.
Another way is if you know someone with good stories - they saw numbers of the batches interspersed together in the same bag. Have even heard of some batches of things arriving at the same time, but only one lot going out and the others being saved for a few weeks. Makes me think they are from a similar maker/source.

Pills with similar makers - how do you know? Well as Bt said - same physical appearance is a dead ringer, just a diff colour but the presses are similar shape, location on pill etc, press is same. Think of the two batches of white diamonds, that is a very unique shape, i think that no-one would have imitated it.
And as fat tony said - same people, saying it's the same things. Although i disagree with people getting in and getting out, i don't know of many people that only enter the game for a few months, i asuume it would be anywhere near that easy, especially on the production side of things.
Another way is if you know someone with good stories - they saw numbers of the batches interspersed together in the same bag. Have even heard of some batches of things arriving at the same time, but only one lot going out and the others being saved for a few weeks. Makes me think they are from a similar maker/source.

Personally, I think these pills ARE from the same maker. They would be from the same importer, same HUGE organisation, same everything! I know it can't be guarented, and like BT says you always have to test, but how come the smae shape/kind of pills feel the same, taste the same, and last the same length?? "SAME MAKER" obviously!
It's got me stuffed how this huge organisation of pill makers haven't been busted yet, just shows how fucked up and useless our customs and police are.
Just wondring, does anyone agree with me on this? All these white powdery pills that have come out eg: Armarni's, A1's, Doves, Dexters don't even compare to the Honda's, Spades, Lightning bolts press. The hard, coloured kinda "including the Fish and ADAM + Eve's" just shit all over everything, and the pills going around now are nearly as good as they will ever get. Alot of people take them for granted, but it's at it's best. Anyway, enough said, back to work.

motoman: I'd definately not agree with you.
When it comes to pill manufacturers:
The taste of a pill, the colour of a pill and the length of the peak from a pill does not mean a lot.
I just can't believe that there are some guys in Holland thinking "what's going on in the Aus market" and actually care what happens here. On a world scale we would make up fuck all in MDMA use and we live so fucking far away.
It's a little presumptuous to think that 6 types of pills you've had in the last 3-4 months have all come from the one same press in a european eastern bloc nation. Have a look on www.ecstasydata.org at all the pill dimensions and you will see 3-4 common pill sizes - All of those pills can't come from only 3 or 4 presses.
Why is it that when two good pills come out that are the same dimensions and look similar they're said to come from the same manufacturer,
but if two pills come out that look similar and one is a k-bomb and the other one rocks they're from different manufacturers. You guys are just fitting a story that you like to what you see. It's just as likely that the k-bomb and the good pill have come from the same place by your reasoning. The people making pills are organised crime groups and there aren't "good guy" manufacturers.
MDMA trafficking trends

^exactly, as long as the pills are good. Knowing where they've come from doesn't change anything.

The tall small diameters like blue ADAM/EVA, fish, etc, for some reason always seem to be kick ass, in my mind indicating same manufactures. Does ne1 remember white pikachus of the same shape as the above from around earthcore 2001, the jan. one (rough-rider?) i think they were from the same maker aswell, they totally kicked ass!
But who knows and who cares aslong as they're good ol MDxx

no way, im a firm beleiver in the fact that large, profitable, established networks of drug trafficking would operate for as long as they were able to. hence our pills would be coming from the same guys for months at a time. i think in terms of months when i consider this subject. for a few months similar shaped pills with similar effects reach our hands. after that its not uncommon for typical shapes and colour schemes to dissappear.. thats how ive found the sydney market anyways.
and granted, chupa chupped, their arent "good guy" manufacturers. but their are "smart businessmen" manufacturers. its not too hard to figure out that if you churn out a superior product at the same price (give or take), you're going to receive a lot of return business. happy customers = demand = $$$$$.
as to my quickly changing hands theory previously - more just a way of explaining quality changes rather than anything real. hehe.
nice thread whoever started this by the way..
tony :)

think what you want, but I think it's right in everyones face what's going on. There is 1 organisation making these kick arse pills, no doubt about it. I think the fish/adam press, honda press and even the old question mark/chanel press are all made by the same manufacturer, it's just too consistant to think they are made by different people.
Fat Tony: your exactly right about what your saying.
[ 14 March 2002: Message edited by: MOTOMAN ]