View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Getting the most out of mushrooms...

shwagg

Bluelighter
Just picked up an 8th of shrooms, probably cubies. i want to get like 3 or 4 less intense trips out of them. what is the most effective way to eat mushrooms? the flavor generally doesn't bother me.

An eighth simply isn't enough for three or four trips. Even less intense ones. Maybe two trips, but that's it. I usually eat an eighth to myself for a moderate to moderately intense trip.

The most effective way is to just eat them straight up. Chew them up really good and hold them in your mouth for a little bit before swallowing.

thanks!
But...
I heard these shrooms were insane, like you munch a gram and you trip balls. i usually eat an 8th, though im not expirenced with just mushrooms. ive had weak/bunk shrooms, and ive hippiefliped, acid is more of my thing.

probably exaggerations. if they're cubes, you're not going to trip balls off of a gram. period.

It's true they do very in potency, but I've never had any where one gram would do me in. I live where there's pretty awesome shrooms almost all the time and the best ones I ever had were some kind of gold-caps. Two grams felt about as strong as eighth, and they were raved about the whole time they were around. I've never had what I would call really bad shrooms but I live really close to British Columbia where shrooms grow fantastically. I guess you'll have to just start with a gram then and see what happens. Let me know if you trip like "an eighth worth" off one gram, that would be sweet haha.

I agree as well, acid is where it's at. My favorite.

theyre probably penis envy mushrooms. which are 2-3x as potent as average shroomies. they used to be the only mushrooms around my area, more than a handful of dealers didnt understand what they had and sold them as regular potency mushrooms. good times were had =) 1 gram of penis envy's is roughly equal to 2.5 grams or so of normal mushrooms IMO/E.

rue extract taken before hand will greatly enhance the experience
read up on maoi saftey first

still though, 4 trips from 1/8 of cubes is unlikely

Ive always found the best way to take mushrooms is by tea, Hits quick, and i just dont like eathing over 30-40 dried mushrooms(newfoundland mushrooms). Its a cleaner more intense buzz.

But id say Just eat the eight all at once, youll get more out of it than trying to get 2 or 3 trips...sure you can get "high" 3 times, but there will be hardly no visuals, and it wont be nearly as intense as you would want it to be...just a little high, which is more than a tease than anything.

Ive always found the best way to take mushrooms is by tea, Hits quick, and i just dont like eathing over 30-40 dried mushrooms(newfoundland mushrooms). Its a cleaner more intense buzz.

But id say Just eat the eight all at once, youll get more out of it than trying to get 2 or 3 trips...sure you can get "high" 3 times, but there will be hardly no visuals, and it wont be nearly as intense as you would want it to be...just a little high, which is more than a tease than anything.

I agree, I hate it when I don't get enough. It's such a nuisance because I'm not high enough to enjoy the trip at all, but I'm too high to sleep or go about my normal business. Such a piss off.

theyre probably penis envy mushrooms. which are 2-3x as potent as average shroomies. they used to be the only mushrooms around my area, more than a handful of dealers didnt understand what they had and sold them as regular potency mushrooms. good times were had =) 1 gram of penis envy's is roughly equal to 2.5 grams or so of normal mushrooms IMO/E.

There is no way they are 2.5 more potent than other cubes, they are still cubes. (I have had them from jar growers multiple times and they were good, but not in that staggering of a proportion of potency.)

you guys are wrong about PE (penis envy) although they are cubes they are deffinitely much more potent and 1 gram will provide your average person with a ++ trip. But any way you look at it they are more potent by weight then B+'s and other strains of cubensis

Not that im saying the OP has PE, or a particulary potent strain, just that they definitely exist

Last edited:
Unfortunately there is no way to truly tell how potent mushrooms are. An inconvenience to be certain, and one I've always disliked :\

However, an 8th is sufficient in most cases for 2 ++ trips. You will likely not get significant enough effects if you tried to squeeze 4 separate doses from 3.5g.

I usually opt to eat 3g to start and supplement with .5g at around T+40 but I prefer a stronger trip, and when I'm with others they have there own anyway so I don't feel bad if I don't share. :)

you guys are wrong about PE (penis envy) although they are cubes they are deffinitely much more potent and 1 gram will provide your average person with a ++ trip. But any way you look at it they are more potent by weight then B+'s and other strains of cubensis

Not that im saying the OP has PE, or a particulary potent strain, just that they definitely exist
A well known and potent starting spore collection is all well and good, however if the mushrooms are grown improperly they will still be weak.
As with most psychoactive containing organisms, be it cannabis, mushrooms, cacti, or even bufo frogs, the nutrients and the growing conditions these organisms receive will have the final say.

Last edited:
to the OP.

if you have access to syrian rue (and have read up on it and determined your personal safe dose range), it's a great way to turn a small amount of shrooms into a highly intense experience. but it's not as fun, IMO.

1g of cubes alone, depending on tolerance and personal chemistry, is probably a +1 at best. you might feel something for an hour, and if you take it with the intention of performing tasks that require dexterity, you might get something out of it intellectually. but more than likely it would just be a brief colorful mind-burp that dissipates within a few minutes.

^Why? Mushrooms are already active when taken orally, so this is just not necessary. I've never fancied the idea of MAOIs and psychedelics. Things have been known to go wrong on many occasions.
IMO if you're going to use MAOIs with psychedelics use them with something like DMT.

Last edited:
Well, OP here. I'm not sure what they are, i said probably cubies because thats very common. i think ill eat the 8th in two parts, as ive had very little luck with mushrooms alone. suprisingly my mushroom hookup is also going to be an acid hookup, so we'll have to see where that goes. Thanks to you all, and ill get back with the half an 8th report. with the 3 to 4 i was looking at more or less enhancing experiences that were already going to be fun and fueled with natural endorphins, just to see what happens. i was going to try to hide that i was on anything with sober kids around nightsledding. =)
as for syian rue, i believe ive read of this, being on erowid all the time, its related to ayusuca right? or it goes with it?

will report back, and seriously thanks much.

Well, OP here. I'm not sure what they are, i said probably cubies because thats very common. i think ill eat the 8th in two parts, as ive had very little luck with mushrooms alone. suprisingly my mushroom hookup is also going to be an acid hookup, so we'll have to see where that goes. Thanks to you all, and ill get back with the half an 8th report. with the 3 to 4 i was looking at more or less enhancing experiences that were already going to be fun and fueled with natural endorphins, just to see what happens. i was going to try to hide that i was on anything with sober kids around nightsledding. =)
as for syian rue, i believe ive read of this, being on erowid all the time, its related to ayusuca right? or it goes with it?

will report back, and seriously thanks much.

It is a species of plant in the Nitrariaceae family. It contains βcarboline harmala alkaloids which act as reversible MAOIs, able to potentiate simple amine compounds. Tryptamines and phenethylamines being the most common examples.

It has most certainly been used is ayahuasca preparations, however the b. caapi plant is much more common I believe.

Certain harmala alkaloids have been known to show activity by themselves if I recall. I believe there are a few threads about this here in PD.*

*Edit - Indeed it seems I was right - The Big and Dandy Harmala/ MAOI-alkaloids thread

Last edited:
A well known and potent starting spore collection is all well and good, however if the mushrooms are grown improperly they will still be weak.
As with most psychoactive containing organisms, be it cannabis, mushrooms, cacti, or even bufo frogs, the nutrients and the growing conditions these organisms receive will have the final say.

Right but that doesnt really have to do with what I was trying to say. See if Penis Envy Cubensis and B+ Cubensis were both grown in ideal settings the PE would be the considerably more potent of the two. But saying different strains of cubensis cant be more/less potent from one to next is like saying all Cannabis Indicas will be the same... or at least thats the best comparison I can think of atm lol

I would like to vouch for the Penis Envy's also. My supplier introduced me to this variety after trying many others, and I found them incredibly strong. 1.75 was enough for a good +++. 1 gram of them was plenty for a nice little trip, so long as you dont have any tolerance.

Right but that doesnt really have to do with what I was trying to say. See if Penis Envy Cubensis and B+ Cubensis were both grown in ideal settings the PE would be the considerably more potent of the two. But saying different strains of cubensis cant be more/less potent from one to next is like saying all Cannabis Indicas will be the same... or at least thats the best comparison I can think of atm lol

Ah it seems I misunderstood what you were saying then. I thought you meant that certain strains of mushrooms are always de facto extremely potent, which is not the case.

I think the penis envys just happen to be premium genetics and so they have a tendency to be dank.