Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Those tube things for racking up

Mr.Happ-E

Bluelighter
What do you actually call them and how much do they cost? (I'm in Sydney, but any info would be appreciated)
I'm wanting to get one as a present for a mate.
I'm heading to a bong shop on the weekend to try find them. I've checked a few tobbaconists, but haven't had any luck yet.
Any info would be soopa.
If you don't know what I'm talking about they're those little glass or steel pipes (not as in a smoking pipe, a tube) that you stick up your nose for lines.

I think they're called 'hoovers' - not sure if that's an official term that you could ask the shop assistant for though, or just one that's used by people that use them. My guess is that there'd be a big varience in prices ranging from $10 - $20 all the way up to stupidly high prices you'd never pay... :)
I think this might get better responses in Drug Discussion too... I'll move it over there... :)

You can get gold plated ones that look like upright vacuum cleaners (hoover).
Where the head of the Hoover touches table, there is an indent so it runs OVER the line and up the hole- but from above it looks like you're Hoovering it up while the vacuum remains flush against the surface. They're fantastic :)
[ 28 February 2002: Message edited by: mona ]

Omg, that sounds perfect!
Thanks Mona! Do you know if they're readily available in many shops in Sydney? Or the cost?

I could be wrong but I think "Off Ya Tree" shops are in Sydney - check them out. Over in SA you can get them for $15...........a bit impracticle sometimes tho :D

in melbourne they are available in various styles from Joynt Venture, off ya tree & smoke dreams. not sure if any of these shops are in sydney. (my advice is probably not very helpful is it :) ) The plain silver straws are about $12 in melb, the gold slightly better model (he he sad arent i!?) is a few dollars more and the hoover (clearly shaped like a vaccuum cleaner...) is $14 in Melb available in gold and silver... ha ha gee i think i have way too much free time.... for a gift i suggest the hoover.... pretty amusing... not as portable i guess but cute in a hooverish sort of way....

The hoovers are damn good... the little thing sits upright and you just slide it along your chosen railing surface. Highly recommended...

This is the one I'd want if I did drugs... ;)
tube3a.jpg

It's no miniature hoover, but as far as comfort goes I think that would be hard to beat. :)
And for those interested in what the hoover looks like, here tis:
hoover.jpg

Very cool! :D
[ 28 February 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

There are a couple of tobacconists in Kings Cross which sell those tubes. The best one is on Darlinghurst Rd, a few shops up from the train station, on the same side of the street (heading towards Potts Point). It has a large glass display cabinet at the front LHS of the shop, which contains all sorts of impress-your-friends-at-a-party goodies. My personal recommendation is that you get a tube similar to that in the top photo in Pleonastics' last post to this thread, but in metal. Reason being, plastic tends to discolour quite quickly and is harder to clean. Also, IMHO, tubes with a round "knob" at the top make for quick and easy use. Happy shopping!

See why I love this forum? What more could you ask for than answers that are concise, discreet and topic-tight, like all the above?
BigTrancer :D

on that note..
My hovercraft is full of eels
anyone know if you can get any of these little devices in brisneyland? (i know we are quite behind the times but the weather rocks and thats all that matters...)
any ideas where?
plus... does anyone know how to make those freebasing pipes out of lightbulbs?
ta!
Andromeda :)