• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Our First Opiate/Opioid Experiences

Alex000

Bluelighter
I don't believe there is a thread like this out there, and someone suggested it over in BDD. I have thought of making this thread before, but now I know I haven't been the only one. A first opiate/opioid experience can have someone swear off opiates forever, or begin a long, and often tragic love-story. What was the first opiate/opioid you ever took, and how much? Why? What was the setting? How did you feel? Describe all of your first experiences. I will start off.

My first ever opiate experience was with a 5 mg Percocet, just one Percocet. I had become particularly interested in drugs, and wanted to experiment. I was very interested in opiates especially, and knew the potential, both good and bad, they had. When I came by a chance to try an opiate, I jumped on it.

I took the Percocet whole with water, and am not certain if my stomach was completely empty or somewhat empty. I took it right after a shower, and knew I'd be going out with family and friends that night. The first thing I guess I noticed was a funny feeling, not very pronounced really, but just a funny, good feeling. I went out to dinner, and enjoyed myself. I was quite content, but don't remember being overwhelmed by euphoria which frustrated me a little. After dinner, a family member and I were to go to a theater show. I remember getting out of the car after dinner, having to walk my sister into the building, and us trying to find where she had to go to get ready. I remember feeling good, in a very unique, subtle way. I do remember before the show, waiting in a room at the building with all glass walls, while the sun was going down, and shining in softly. I remember at that point particular euphoria, and contentment, just sitting there alone. I experienced some itchiness, but no nausea I can recall. The show itself, that would have been boring, wasn't a bore, but an entertainment. It was a good night. I came home and promptly fell asleep (~ 8 hours after dosing). That night I had wildly vivid dreams, and slept quite well. Woke up feeling normal. This was only maybe 8 months ago, and though opiates don't come my way as frequently as I would like, absolutely love them. My next experience after the one above was with 2 perc 5's, the euphoria was even more pronounced, and that was the seemingly perfect dose for me. I likely would have developed an addiction, but because like I said opiates don't come around very frequently at all, I have had an oppurtunity to, which is probably good.

SO, I'd love to know what were your first opiate/opioid experiences?

Hmmm, I've had migraines since I was five years old. I remember going to a doctors office around the age of 11 maybe, my mother took me and they gave me a shot of meperidine IM for a migraine. I was in love as soon as it kicked in. Then I was given take hope RX for Fiorinal with codeine, which has a barbiturate in it, in addition to 30MG of codeine. I loved that stuff as well. I had some at middle school and would go to the office, migraine or not, say I had one, get some meds, lay down on the cot and enjoy. Also there were several ER visits getting meperidine and hydroxizine, which was a nice combo for migraines.

I was surprised to learn most people don;t like Demerol that much, if at all, I used to love it.

I had an epidural after having colon surgery a couple of years ago, while I was in the hospital and I was getting hydromorphone via epidural in the form of the button pushing system. I was pushing it as often as possible, pain or no pain, although you can only get some every 15 minutes or so. Was crazy high for days.

Hmmm, I've had migraines since I was five years old. I remember going to a doctors office around the age of 11 maybe, my mother took me and they gave me a shot of meperidine IM for a migraine. I was in love as soon as it kicked in. Then I was given take hope RX for Fiorinal with codeine, which has a barbiturate in it, in addition to 30MG of codeine. I loved that stuff as well. I had some at middle school and would go to the office, migraine or not, say I had one, get some meds, lay down on the cot and enjoy. Also there were several ER visits getting meperidine and hydroxizine, which was a nice combo for migraines.
I had an epidural after having colon surgery a couple of years ago, while I was in the hospital and I was getting hydromorphone via epidural in the form of the button pushing system. I was pushing it as often as possible, pain or no pain, although you can only get some every 15 minutes or so. Was crazy high for days.

now THATS chillin haha. my first ever was two 7.5 Vicodin so 15mg. i got em from a friend and planned on testin em in my room just chillin like i normally did with new stuff. i took a shower, popped em, layed down in just my bathrobe(so fuckin comfy). turned on some entourage cause i love that show and i was feeling like nothing ive ever felt before. warm, fuzzy(hence the name:p), itchy--and i LOVE the itches--and everything was OK(i had just found out my mom was missing and was murdered so it was a rough patch) which just made me love them. so i was just layin there itching under my robe and blankets watching my fav tv show. i was in pure bliss. this of course snowballed into an addiction but i caught it fairly quickly so w'ds werent that bad. now im just chillin, chippin, you know.%)

found some old toradol (butrophanol) meant for veterinary use and sniffed some. Noddded out all night and remeber not believing you could feel this good...

I was like 12 or 13 and my older cousin gave me 3 10mg Lortabs, so I took two (even though he said to only take 1, I have a history of going above what people warn the first time like with purified DXM but thats another story haha) I felt sick to my stomach in class but I just put my head down and it went away. It felt like bliss, rolling in waves of the ocean, if the ocean was piss warm. I rode the bus home and for some reason my mom was home from work, she was watching Little House of the Prairie. I proceeded to rest my head on her leg and watch it with her while nodding out and it was just pure joy, I was in love. It was the greatest feeling ever and now I'm addicted to Opiates, but slightly responsibly in that I can still do 15-20mg's of Hydrocodone, Oxy and get fucked up yet can still handle huge amounts after 4 years of addiction and 8 of using. I'll never forget that moment though, the euphoria, the bliss, but I still get to that place every few days, guess I'm just lucky.

I know lots of other people share this experience:

Wisdom teeth removed right before freshman year of college.

30 x 5mg Vicodin with one refill. Did okay job of killing the pain but then I realized that I could take the pills recreationally. Went nuts. Those first few highs were amazing. Also discovered alcohol that semester. Prior to that, I had only been smoking cannabis.

Downhill (or uphill) from there.

I know lots of other people share this experience:

Wisdom teeth removed right before freshman year of college.

30 x 5mg Vicodin with one refill. Did okay job of killing the pain but then I realized that I could take the pills recreationally. Went nuts. Those first few highs were amazing. Also discovered alcohol that semester. Prior to that, I had only been smoking cannabis.

Downhill (or uphill) from there.

I hope mine have to come out, I love opiates, but they rarely come by. I was told a few years ago some tooth was looking questionable, I was worried, but now I am like yes, please take it out. A little desperate, I know. :\

Got my wisdom teeth taken out when I was 16, and when I was in actual pain, my parents told me I wasn't prescribed anything for pain. fast forward a year later, I was in the medicine cabinet looking for some tylenol, and I found a bottle of 16 Loritab 10/350's with my name on it. Took 6, didn't feel too much, so I took 2 more. The next 5 hours were so incredible, stuff dreams are made of. That opiate high can only be matched by the first time I IV'ed dilaudid, shortly followed by the first time I IV'ed heroin

I've had alot of them, but the most memorable would have to be the first time I took 20mg's of oxy, I just swallowed the whole pill and was nodding out for 12 hours in a fucking dream land. Then when I figured out you could snort them it was even better. Good times.

Honestly, there was a time when I didn't like opiates. I had some dental work as a young adult, & disliked the Tylenol III I had to take afterwards, much preferring alcohol. I remember in my late teens going back for my follow-up appointment after having had a problem tooth removed, & the oral surgeon asking me if I needed a refill on my script. Hard as it is for me to believe now, I told him no thank you, that would not be necessary. (!!) When I gave birth to my daughter, at age 21, once again, I was given Tylenol III. I was nursing her, and I really needed my wits about me, so I asked my nurse if I could just have regular Tylenol. She told me no, it was not noted on my chart, so either the narcotic or nothing. I hurt worse than I ever had in my life, so grudgingly took the T-3, but as soon as I got out of the hospital, I chucked them in favor of OTC Tylenol. (This was back in the dark ages, when women were kept in the hospital four or five days following a normal birth.)

I don't remember taking any opiates at all for over a decade, (except for following the birth of my second child, same story as with Kid One), till 1993, when I finally attended to some serious dental issues. Following an extraction, my dentist gave me some samples of Vicodin. I nervously took the first one that evening, & was surprised to find I really liked the way it made me feel. The euphoria, energy, relaxed feeling was great! That whole summer, I was in and out of the dentist's chair, & was given the Vicodin samples several times. A couple years later, I had my first implant, which went terribly awry; it became infected down to the bone, & had myriad problems associated with it. I was on Vicodin for a year, 18 pills per week, which sounds like nothing now, but I never took more than three or four per day back then. During that year, I became incredibly fond of the stuff, but stopped taking it when I became pregnant with my third child. (I was always adamant about being drug/alcohol/tobacco-fee while pregnant. Adamant!) There were no physical w/d symptoms, but I missed my year-long buddy & the euphoria/energy/relaxation feeling. In all that time, I had never bought any without a prescription, & never really even considered doing so. In fact, I would not even have known who to approach for such a transaction. Following his birth, & the subsequent tubal ligation I had right after his birth, I was delighted to be given scripts for both Vikes and Percocet. I had enough pills to keep me pleasantly stoned for about two weeks. But, once again, when they were gone, they were gone, & I got on with my life & my adorable baby boy.

It was not until late 2002 that I was offered to buy some hydrocodone that a friend at work had, & that got the ball rolling. Buying them illegally started slowly, but as time wore on, I became acquainted with more & varied sources, & wound up developing a fairly profound addiction.

The one "positive" aspect for me of developing an opiate addiction was that it helped me curb my drinking. Alcohol was a big part of my life, & always my DOC till the opiates took hold. Although I had basically traded one addiction for another, I think the alcohol would have started wreaking havoc on my health in short order, had I not stopped when I did.

Sometimes I suspect I might have become dependent as a small child on some sort of opiates, given to me for a couple of health conditions I had developed. When I was only two, I contracted oral herpes*, & the first episode saw me with raging, painful sores all throughout my mouth. It was so awful that I actually have memories of it. Back then, many medications prescribed for children contained large amounts of opiates, & I would not be surprised if I was prescribed something of the sort. What makes me suspect I might have developed a physical dependence was the "familiar" aspect of dopesickness the first few times I experienced it. The RLS, nausea, malaiase--I know I experienced the entire range of the syndrome, & it "felt" like I had endured this in childhood; my mind sort of "flashed" to that era. In fact, I am fairly convinced that this is true. Opiates were found in a lot of the widely-used medicines given to children back in the sixties/early seventies, when I was little. Just look up "paragoric". (It makes me sad to think of a helpless little kid, feeling so awful, & not knowing why.) However, I also remember the bliss of codeine-based cough syrups from back when I was a kid. Not in a "drug" sense, but for the fact that it really provided relief and much-needed rest. (I was sick a lot as a little kid.)

* I have sometimes started to contemplate how a two-year-old contracts oral herpes, but I don't allow my mind to go there in too much depth. I think I was sexually abused over a long period of time, & I have tidbits of evidence, but nothing concrete, no way to prove anything, & I honestly have NO true memories of it, nor any real logical idea of who the perpetrator/s might have been.

Doing some Vicodins when I was 13 with one of my best friends Jesse at a house party.

He died 5 years later of an oxycodone overdose.

First time I tried opiates was about 5 or 6 years ago... I swallowed 4 tablets containing (30mg Codeine/500mg APAP) in each... (120mg Codeine orally overall).

I remember it hitting me very hard, I became itchy as hell and was thinking "wtf is happening?". The way in which it hit me made me anxious, so I popped a 2mg xanax as at this point I'd begun using benzos also. Ended up having a very relaxing afternoon on the codeine and alprazolam.

Doing a 7.5/750 last summer for the 1st time since I tried vicodin 10 years ago & didnt like them, they had gotten me nauseated. I took it by crushing it & sticking it under my ongue for 10 minutes & then washed it down with lemonade. Talk about a nasty taste, anyway, just off a 7.5/750, I was feeling pretty amazing my 1st time. I got to a dream like state that was warm & fuzzy, it was awesome! Alot of people say you should take 15mgs your 1st time for a great experience but I didnt wanna get sick. I kept taking 1 pill every day for a 2 week period & would get pretty much the same high. Now its not like that anymore but I am taking them for pain anyway.

I smoked heroin laced on top of weed back in high school. I had ditched first period with the beautiful, thick girl Messina. She had an awesome rack (even as a high school girl) and let me suck on them. It was a cold morning and we were chilling in the park but we felt nothing but warmth. We had even gotten so hot and heavy that we had forgot where we were and needed to check ourselves a few times. One of the best days of my life BUT I never did heroin again...

when i was 15 and had my wisdom teeth removed my oral surgeon wrote me a rx for vicodin es which i think are like 7.5/500 or something like that, but i remember the first time i took more than recomended and felt INCREDIBLE. The next one that sticks out is junior year of high school a friend had his tonsils taken out and got a huge bottle of liquid percocet syrup (oxy+apap+sugar/flavor ect) i would take a little swig of it in between class and by lunch i would be nodding out so hard i could barely keep my head up lol

The first time i tried oxycontin too, this was back before everyone and their mom was doing it and you could get an 80 for like 15-20 a pop, a kid i knew was able to get 5 full bottles of 80's and he gave me one for free. I was experienced with oxycodone at that point, but never in that high of a dose. I crushed a quarter of the pill and railed it and man....i didnt know you could feel that good.

Same thing the first time i copped some really pure heroin. i did a line like the size of the white on my thumbnail and felt like i had done an 80. That one 20 vial lasted me like 2 days haha.

I sometimes think that my brains neurochemistry is wired to be extra receptive to opiates since i was hooked in no time and i had such euphoria from them....plus the antidepressant effect was great. i got energy from small doses and pure blissed out cant do shit pleasure from large ones.

Once i shot some of that same highly pure heroin it was like having all my opiate experiences going on all at the same time. Pure bliss....and with it, pure agony.

Ahhh my first true experience. I was with my then girlfriend, and I had found out that her mom had oxycontin. Me and my ex were into drugs, me being the more knowledgeable one, I explained to her what those round green pills with an 80 on them were. She got curious, like me, and took one outta the bottle. We split it. I had knowledge of the dosing of oxy, so I explained we should start off with a 1/4 of the 80, so 20mg. Did that, FELT AMAZING. We had a great time. Smoking weed, nodding out to cigs, eating KFC. Then we did the rest, and we did that shit too early. Because our tolerance was none existent, we got all nauseous and shit. Verge of puking, but still, BLISS. I'm not sure how the rest of the night played out. But man that one night was the beginning of a 7 year relationship with opiates, mainly oxycontin, and it's still on going. Been addicted about 4 times. But now circumstances are different, and I'm not falling into that whole again. Now I use every 2/3 weeks.

stole my moms percocet. expected to be stupid high like beyond drunk. just sat in the basement feeling pleasant. i never wouldve guessed how deeply in love i would fall with them in the upcoming years

I had a friend approach me, wanting to get rid of some percocets. I had never tried any kind of pain killer before, and "uppers" were more my jam, but I decided to give them a try. I bought maybe 7 or 8 of them and brought them back to my apartment to do some research first. I learned that snorting them would be wasteful, and so I just swallowed a couple and washed them down with a glass of wine. (Yeah, not smart, but whatever...)

It was cool, but the feeling wasn't so intense that I felt compelled to do them again. Well, then my friend approached me with oxycontin, and when I saw how small they were and learned how much more oxycodone they contained, I just had to give them a try. He showed me how to suck the coating off, crush it up, and snort it. So, I sucked the coating off (even knowing full well that the coating wasn't the time release), crushed it up and took a little bump. I immediately liked it better than the percocets. From then on, it was OC 40s all day long.

Then, the formula changed. And believe it or not, I wasn't too upset. I mean, I was starting to go broke anyway. Long story short, and I'm sure that the story is the same for most everyone here, but Roxies blew up just like we all knew they would (and so, too, did the price). I couldn't afford buying Roxies anymore, and so I took the plunge into dope (sniffing it). I realized, "hey, this isn't so bad, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper..." and now here I am.

Yeah, so I guess you could say that it was a pretty smooth transition from one opiate to another. But I have no regrets.