Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

male and female reaction difference (E)

teXman01

Bluelighter
i remember reading on bluelight about the differences of effects of MDMA on women and men.
Can someone point me in the direciton or tell me what they know about dosage requirements.
e.g a female of 60kg to a male of 85kg etc..
what *should* each require (i know theres millions of other attributes) to feel the same sort of experience.
thanks in advance
tex

All I can say is that seems to be no direct relationship between body mass and MDMA effectiveness. There also seems to be little relationship with gender either except that women do seem to need slightly less on average.
Of more imporatnce than body mass is the amount of an enzyme called CYP2D6 that a person might have. This is the enzyme which metabolise MDMA in the body. If a person is deficient in CYP2D6 they will be unable to process MDMA effectivly, and will therefor have more effect from less MDMA. A certain percentage of people are naturally deficient, and their is some difference between the genders.
This probably isn't the complete story either. It's long been known that alcohol has a greater effect on women than men and this was geenrally thought to also be a body mass issue. Recent studies have shown that it is more likely to be due to alcohols affect on the production of cetain hormones. Here's a link that explains more:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_670000/670166.stm
I think the moral of the story is that everyone should start on a low dose, regardless of their gender or body mass.

just from anecdotal evidence i have found that females, especially petite or smaller females, often experience increased hyperactivity from MDMA..... this is not always the case (set, setting and all) but this did seem to be a more common reaction amongst women than men.
on the alcohol tip - i thought the main reason alcohol has a greater effect on women than men is due to women's higher levels of fat content in their bodies.
higher levels of fat in women's bodies (this is genetic make-up) = less water to dilute the alcohol in one's body = greater effect of the alcohol on women than men.
um so yeah, like i said above, set and setting play such a significant role in determining the reaction one will have to certain substances it makes it very quite difficult to attribute certain reactions to gender.
bk :)

just personal experience, but i have found that mdea has considerably differing effects between the girls and boys. ive read a lot of threads where girls have said unusual stuff about their cycle and the effects, particularly pertaining to pills that i have suspected or known to be mdea.