European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Buckfast question

jungo87

Greenlighter
Is the caffeine a buzz with alcohol or is because caffeine helps to absorb the alcohol quicker?

there's more caffeine in there than most energy drinks definitely enough for some kind of buzz

C'mon, where's the Glasgow / Belfast contingent when you need 'em?

Buckie is fucking rotten but it does the job, or as my mate says "a pint of court on a monday morning"

Its the high caffeine and sugar content that makes you hyper.

we do enjoy other wines yanno, tesco's do a good £3 bottle of rose like ;)

bumwine.com here's all the information one would ever want to become a world class wino .
buckfast is represented hugely but most are american swill drinkers .

it's fun when you read the ''guest book''.

Is really no more bad than ethanol, except the high caffeine. I used to drink all the time and would sleep for like 3 hours. i was getting the side effects fromthe caffeine

bumwine.com here's all the information one would ever want to become a world class wino .
buckfast is represented hugely but most are american swill drinkers .

it's fun when you read the ''guest book''.

Fuckin' class site! Cheers for that. =D

I always hated buckfast. Then I got into port. Tried Buckfast again when my pal from Edinburgh came over. It wasn't as bad as I remember it. I kinda liked it but couldn't drink a whole bottle. Too sweet.

damn Sam, the first time i read the quest book my sides were splitting .

there are guys in the UK that want US winos to send bottles of thunderbird, cisco (liquid crack), etc over there for sampling .

likewise there are US drunks that would pay through the nose to get a jug of buckfast.

Hard to beat a bottle of bucky! Have a friend or two that prefer to drink it chilled..... off the shelf wrapped in a brown paper bag for me :)

It's mostly sold chilled in Scotland. I've only ever had it chilled. I'm quite enjoying the taste cold. Feels naughty drinking it. I like that.

damn Sam, the first time i read the quest book my sides were splitting .

there are guys in the UK that want US winos to send bottles of thunderbird, cisco (liquid crack), etc over there for sampling .

likewise there are US drunks that would pay through the nose to get a jug of buckfast.

Have had Thunderbird a few times years ago. Think it's probably like trying to find Bucky in an English offy - hard to find but not impossible. Independent cornershops are the best hunting grounds for such things - the kind of shop that sells the full range of MD 20/20 (<3).

I also <3 Bucky - in large part due to the massive caffeine content. Kinda like a classier version of necking a pint of vodka and Red Bull ;)

I prefer it chilled as it takes the edge off the sweetness somewhat. Tis the only big problem I have with fortified wines - so sweet it's like drinking razor blades :\

PS: I especially like Port, Sadie. Only problem is the cost. Fortified wines should be cheap as cheapness (it's kinda the point of their existence) and Port is ludicrously pricey even for shitey brands. Sherry is far more reasonable but suffers the same ubersweetness issues as most fortwines. Port + Stilton may be a horrible cliché but is also a lush combo - was what changed my dislike of both into a mini-love affair with both :)

Gives the most disgusting hangovers, the caffeine delays it I think. Woke up many times after a buckfast session feeling pretty fine, thinking the hangover has been avoided. A couple of hours later suicide feels like a viable option.