• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I bought a bulberator (iSi cream whipper) 2nd hand - experts' advice needed...

kafren

Bluelighter
I bought a bulberator for $4 yesterday from an op-shop, however I'm paranoid about using it as a while ago I read a post on bluelight (have noooo idea where to find it again and vaguely think it was on one of the American forums) where someone mentioned that second hand ones can be dodgy, something about a rubber seal wearing away or something?
If there's anyone here in the know who could give me a nifty little list so I know what to check for safety and all, that would be wicked. I'm a bit povo at the moment to buy a new one.

Sometimes the rubber seals can wear out and gas can escape. It's highly pressurised gas and is likely to give you some sort of freeze burn. If you're that worried throw on a pair of cheapo rubber gloves. If no gas esacpes you're in luck , if you're loosing too much gas you'd be better of forking out for another one , it's hit and miss. You don't want to waste all your nitrous. You can also improve with technique to minimse loss from dodgy seals , it takes practise.

what sort is it? is it an actual whipped cream one? or is it an old glass and metal mesh one? or an entirely metal one?

Check the seals, if they are not old and cracked it should be ok as long as it is a metal one. Dont use a glass soda one, you should also put some Vasaline on the rubber seals to prevent them cracking, also makes it safer.

yeah, i recon its fine,
what they said, make sure the seals look good :)
then load only one charge into it, see how it goes,
at max id load 2, but NO MORE, 1 is enough anyway, if u have it setup right u can pump one into a balloon, load the other one, and pump it straight into the balloon as well :)

It's a metal one, seals are looking pretty good, everything seems to be in order :) thanks guys.

Alternatively...
Check the seals, most will be rubber 'O-rings' that can be purchased easily at a hardware store and replaced with little effort. Throw them in with a touch of rubber grease (also good on the threads so they dont freeze too much) and you should have a fully functional bulberator.

Anfa: What do cream whippers have to do with drugs? Aside from being about the only safe way to extract nitrous oxide from whipped cream charger cannisters, nothing.
BigTrancer :)

I always thought you used them to whip up litres and litres of cream to put in the bath for drug-fuelled zany naked bath games ;)

I bought a second bulberator about 18 months ago and after a bit of overuse, it is starting to leak. When I take the emptied bulb off, nitrous gas comes out the seal/hole. I've changed the rubber seal and put vaseline around it but it hasn't made a difference. Is my bulberator now totally rooted or did I not seal it properly?
Heehee, I met a girl at Rainbow Serpent who'd been given a beautiful shiny silver bulberator for her birthday, engraved with her name!

Bulberator maintenance time!!!!
My bulberator leaks a bit, and has eversince I bought it (though not for me because I know how to crack it). Has anyone tried sharpening the pin in their cracker??

We bought one for $3 at a very small RSPCA op-shop, after looking at 3 others (one was a giant St Vinnies warehouse one) and after a few goes it started to leak/spray gas when you screw'd the bulb in too.

Hmmm, I have had a good look at the cracker and it looks like its been sharpened crooked (ie the hole is lower on one side) could this be why mine leaks? If I sharpen it with a file, will that fix it.
Splatt- If your cracker can screw in and out, try to spin it in a bit (or out a bit?!?!) If the pin is closer to the base of the cracker when it peirces the bulb then it may seal better.
Can someone who has any idea of what they are talking about help us??