• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Movie news: Stephen King's The Stand to be made into a feature film

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Stephen King‘s 1978 novel The Stand is being made into a feature film, according to the Hollywood Reporter. Warner Bros. and CBS Films will reportedly co-develop and co-produce the feature, and King is said to be involved in some way as well.

The novel, about a group of survivors living in a post-apocalyptic world destroyed by a super virus, was previously made into an eight-hour ABC miniseries (featuring Molly Ringwald, Rob Lowe, Ruby Dee, and Gary Sinise) in 1994, and Marvel has recently adapted the story into a successful comic book series.

News of a Stand film follows last year’s announcement that Universal will produce three films and an NBC series based on King’s The Dark Tower. Ron Howard, who will direct the first film and the first season of the TV show, has offered the lead role of Roland Deschain to Javier Bardem.

Javier Bardem as Roland would be awesome. The mini-series made in 1994 was good, but they had to leave so much out and were very limited as to what they could put in the movie. The book is very graphic and violent. I hope this does go through and they do it justice. I'd rather see this in the hands of Frank Darabont though. That man turns Stephen King's work into gold.

the book is too long to be in a movie

Javier Bardem would be a good enough Roland, yes

Maybe by "movie" they mean a LOTR-type 9-hour series that they'll film as a single.

don't see how it could work, unless a hugely reputable director takes it (reputable in their work rather than the money and fame they bring), avoid seeing at all costs I think.

I would love to see my man Frank Darabont, as CC expressed, do it. at this point he is the only one that I could trust to cut it down to Hollywood size with respect to the origin story

I'm sure he's busy with the Walking Dead, tho