Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PMA

jaymi

Bluelighter
Is getting a pill with PMA content rare in Australia? Have many people tested their pills and found PMA??

[/b]Is getting a pill with PMA content rare in Australia? [/b]
Not at all
Have many people tested their pills and found PMA??
Yes

Chemical Shaman: what pills have u tested that contain PMA ? i know pma pills are around but there not a common thing, im yet to find a pill that i have tested to contain pma im in sydney btw.

Last year there were some PMA pills circulating Perth shores - can't remember what they were called. So yes, PMA is deffinetly out there.

Has anyone had a good night on PMA pills? It doesn't sound all bad, dosage is the key I guess.

The problem with PMA is that if you mix your pills, and you take an MDMA pill with a PMA pill you risk serious complications.

i really dont think its very common at all, ive never heard of a pill from brisbane specifically containing PMA........the only pills i can remember that may have had PMA were pulsars(blue i think),but i was simply told they were dangerous/deadly (by basically everyone) and no one i spoke mentioned they had tested them so it could have been anything. just a brisbane point of view.

U nevr know your pill could contain a small amount of pma, as a secondry substance. So really when u say u have never tested a pill with pma in it, maybe u have.
The only way to be 100% sure is to get Ez- test Extreme. It test for both primary and secondary substances in your pill.

ahh we got some terminology issues to work out here.
EZ Test Xtreme is used for the indication of the presence of primary and secondary amines. this is a chemical term for the specific type of substances.
to use the phrase "test for the primary substance" would imply that it would test for the substance that was the main constituent of the pill. this is wrong. it might seem like hair spillting but i really dont want anyone to get confused.
When you use Simon's Reagent (The 2nd part of Xtreme) you are testing for secondary amine, ie the second M in MDMA, or the meth in methamphetamine. A positive reaction indicates that the you have MDMA, (or PMMA for that matter) present. A negative reaction, when combined with a Marquis MDxx positive, means it is MDA.
When you use Robadope (the 3rd part of Xtreme) you are testing for the primary amine. A positive result means that it is PMA or MDA. If you have received a positive Marquis MDxx result as well this indicates that there is a mix of MDMA and either PMA or MDA.

Thanks Johnboy, that clears a few things up.
Someone needs to do a pill testing FAQ - it's the only thing you haven't got.
I've seen a new one called Mecke's reagent that's different again. Can we get that one in AUZ?

But, not only is there a FAQ, there is a whole forum dedicated to Pill Testing. Its on the front page. Its called Pill Testing Forum.

...and there's always been a Pilltesting FAQ in the FAQ forum. Please check this one (in the Pill Testing forum) as it's more up to date.
In case it's too hard to go look in those threads I'll report the Mecke informatin here:
A new test kit is also available from dancesafe.org. This is aimed specifically at the American market and makes it easier to to see the difference betweem DXM and MDMA. This kit uses the Mecke reagent. to order this or see the other Dancesafe kits go to http://www.dancesafe.org/testingkits/orderform.php
Dancesafe claims that their kit is "Superiour to Marquis". This is misleading. Mecke is better at differentiating between DXM and MDxx than Marquis, but is actually less effective at discriminating between MDxx and other compouns. All tests should start with Marquis and use this result to cross reference.
Can't the marquis reagent test for DXM?
Yes although it can be hard to distinguish the difference from this and MDMA as MDMA can go black. If there is ONLY DXM in a pill you will NEVER see the typical purple of an Ecstasy like substance.
A DXM reaction will be slower to the MDxx reaction and will typically be a grey/black rather than the purple black of MDxx. Don't let an initial puff of smoke make you think you automatically have DXM (see above). DXM is most common in North America and therefore it is a good idea to purchase a Dancesafe Mecke reagent if your major concern is distinguishing between DXM and MDMA. But remember to combine it with a Marquis reagent for true peace of mind.
Basically you can only order the Mecke kit online from Dancesafe at the moment.