• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

High Dose Tramadol / Xanax Combo

john3434

Bluelighter
Have a bunch of tramadol and xanax at my disposal. Have used both of these in combination in the past for opiate withdrawal. Currently I don't have an opiate addiction so I was considering experimenting with high does tramadol combined with a medium level xanax dose to study any possible recreational effect. I assume the the xanax will increase seizure threashold and make the higher doses of tramadol safer. I'm shooting for somewhat of a speedball effect. Anyone have any cautions, dosing recommendations or experience with this combo? Thanks in advance.

I'm sure you know the threshold for tram's is 400mg. As far as xanax raising the threshold, I dont know. But what about the specifics.. Do you have any tolerance to either drugs? Whats your usual dose of both separately?

My usual Tram dose is 2 50mg every 6 hours. As far as xanax goes I can take 1-2mg's with a fairly substantial effect but by no means dose it render me inebriated. Dose that help? Just thought I might be onto something with combo of the two. Undoubtedly the xanax raises the siezure threshold. It would have being a benzodiazepine.

To be honest with you, I dont know much about the combo, all I can say is moderation is key. You can always take more, you can never take less. If I were you I'd start out with taking half of each and see how that does you. Use your discretion! I'm not condoning this but if your going to do it, do it smart.

You're right at the seizure threshold, although xanax probably does raise it. But this combo isn't going to be a speed ball at any dose, bot that you'd want to do one with tramadol as part of itanyway. That would be a seizure waiting to happen.

I started out with 100mg ultram and 2mg xanax. So far, so good. Very noticeable mood elevation. Subtly detectable buzz. The tramadol is definitely counteracting any sedating side effects of the xanax. Will probably up another 100mg of ultram and 1mg xanax here shortly.

I started out with 100mg ultram and 2mg xanax. So far, so good. Very noticeable mood elevation. Subtly detectable buzz. The tramadol is definitely counteracting any sedating side effects of the xanax. Will probably up another 100mg of ultram and 1mg xanax here shortly.

I'd up at the .5mg level. It can be the difference between fun and blackout.

Xanax and tramadol used to be a favorite combo of mine. Of course, I'd be taking 6-10mg Xanax with 600-1,000mg of tramadol. It's one of the best highs I've ever had. And plenty mary jane. But I can't in sound mind recommend that kind of dose of either, or together. But yes, the combo is EXTREMELY euphoric and recreational, IMO.

Xanax and tramadol used to be a favorite combo of mine. Of course, I'd be taking 6-10mg Xanax with 600-1,000mg of tramadol. It's one of the best highs I've ever had. And plenty mary jane. But I can't in sound mind recommend that kind of dose of either, or together. But yes, the combo is EXTREMELY euphoric and recreational, IMO.

Wowzz.. 6-10mg of Xanax and 1 gram of tram!? You had quite the tolerance my friend, detoxing had to be a bitch..

Tramadol doesn't produce much respiratory depression so you don't need to worry much about mixing it with another CNS depressant. Xanax will prevent chances of seizures in doses above 400mg.

If your tolerance to Tramadol is 100mg and 2mg with the alprazolam then you could take the two doses together. If it doesn't really do much then I'd suggest increase the Tramadol by 50-100mg, don't increase the alprazolam. 2mg is enough, it would just be the Tramadol that would need to be increased but 100mg Tramadol & 2mg alprazolam may work out for you.

Don't expect any sort of speedball effect. You are aware that a speedball is a STIMULANT with an opiate?

I would not rely on the alprazolam as a protection for seizures from high doses of tramadol. Just because it is a GABA agonist it doesn't mean it will provide effective protection at such tramadol super doses.

Clonazepam, diazepam, lorazepam, clorazepate and clobazam are the benzos used in a clinical setting for their anticonvulsant properties. I always dose some clonazepam prior to using high doses of tramadol. Use alprazolam only if you do not have a supply of the aforementioned benzos.

Tramadol doesn't produce much respiratory depression so you don't need to worry much about mixing it with another CNS depressant. Xanax will prevent chances of seizures in doses above 400mg.

If your tolerance to Tramadol is 100mg and 2mg with the alprazolam then you could take the two doses together. If it doesn't really do much then I'd suggest increase the Tramadol by 50-100mg, don't increase the alprazolam. 2mg is enough, it would just be the Tramadol that would need to be increased but 100mg Tramadol & 2mg alprazolam may work out for you.

Don't expect any sort of speedball effect. You are aware that a speedball is a STIMULANT with an opiate?

Question, don't know if this is the right place but can you use tramadol as breakthrough pain while taking oxycontin?? (forgive me if my spelling is off!!:) )
I have very few lortabs, very few tramadols and 1 last oxycontin to last me till tomorrow, trying to figure out what would be the best combo?? Please, any advice would be awesome!!
Thanks in advance!!!
mom2cashjr

%)
Question, don't know if this is the right place but can you use tramadol as breakthrough pain while taking oxycontin?? (forgive me if my spelling is off!!:) )
I have very few lortabs, very few tramadols and 1 last oxycontin to last me till tomorrow, trying to figure out what would be the best combo?? Please, any advice would be awesome!!
Thanks in advance!!!
mom2cashjr

oh yeah,
mom2cashjr= formerly known as= kokodoesgood, haha. Had to change!%)

Wowzz.. 6-10mg of Xanax and 1 gram of tram!? You had quite the tolerance my friend, detoxing had to be a bitch..

You aren't kidding. The worst part is that both of those doses I listed tended to be on the low side if I wanted to get fucked up. I had a 1g tramadol habit every day, that was just to keep me going, it really didn't get me high anymore. There was a time where I had to pop 10-20mg of Xanax several times a day to feel anything from it, and that was with a script for 16mg Klonopin a day. I was on trams almost every day for 3 years. I was on Xanax and Klonopin for 8 years. The detox nearly killed me; I had to be hospitalized and put on Ativan detox. Alas, I'm clean these days. It's a fucking miracle.

I highly recommend a longer acting benzodiazepine...
Also one that is used as an anticonvulsant...

Diazepam, and clonazepam are your best bets... You would be a lot safer.

I highly recommend a longer acting benzodiazepine...
Also one that is used as an anticonvulsant...

Diazepam, and clonazepam are your best bets... You would be a lot safer.

What about like dilantin, do you think that since it is used as an anticunvulsant, do you think taking a dilantin with it could help or just do nothing since it is not like built up in your system??;)

What about like dilantin, do you think that since it is used as an anticunvulsant, do you think taking a dilantin with it could help or just do nothing since it is not like built up in your system??;)

I have no experience with Dilantin... But in theory, it should work...

I have no experience with Dilantin... But in theory, it should work...

What about mixing the oxycontin, lortab, and the tramadol?? I have a very little of each, and want to feel the best but with what combo?? what can be taken with what. I know the oxycontin is long lasting so can i use lortab for break through pain, or can I use tramadol for the break through pain?? Or can I take lortab with tramadol??? I am SUCH a newbie! Trying to make it the best and last the longest till tomorrow!! :( having a rough day!!

What about mixing the oxycontin, lortab, and the tramadol?? I have a very little of each, and want to feel the best but with what combo?? what can be taken with what. I know the oxycontin is long lasting so can i use lortab for break through pain, or can I use tramadol for the break through pain?? Or can I take lortab with tramadol??? I am SUCH a newbie! Trying to make it the best and last the longest till tomorrow!! :( having a rough day!!

That all depends on your tolerance...