PDA

View Full Version : High Dose Tramadol / Xanax Combo

john3434
31-01-2011, 04:25
Have a bunch of tramadol and xanax at my disposal. Have used both of these in combination in the past for opiate withdrawal. Currently I don't have an opiate addiction so I was considering experimenting with high does tramadol combined with a medium level xanax dose to study any possible recreational effect. I assume the the xanax will increase seizure threashold and make the higher doses of tramadol safer. I'm shooting for somewhat of a speedball effect. Anyone have any cautions, dosing recommendations or experience with this combo? Thanks in advance.

Vikingdon
31-01-2011, 04:29
I'm sure you know the threshold for tram's is 400mg. As far as xanax raising the threshold, I dont know. But what about the specifics.. Do you have any tolerance to either drugs? Whats your usual dose of both separately?

john3434
31-01-2011, 04:33
My usual Tram dose is 2 50mg every 6 hours. As far as xanax goes I can take 1-2mg's with a fairly substantial effect but by no means dose it render me inebriated. Dose that help? Just thought I might be onto something with combo of the two. Undoubtedly the xanax raises the siezure threshold. It would have being a benzodiazepine.

Vikingdon
31-01-2011, 04:38
To be honest with you, I dont know much about the combo, all I can say is moderation is key. You can always take more, you can never take less. If I were you I'd start out with taking half of each and see how that does you. Use your discretion! I'm not condoning this but if your going to do it, do it smart.

fryingsquirrel
31-01-2011, 04:45
You're right at the seizure threshold, although xanax probably does raise it. But this combo isn't going to be a speed ball at any dose, bot that you'd want to do one with tramadol as part of itanyway. That would be a seizure waiting to happen.

john3434
31-01-2011, 04:46
I started out with 100mg ultram and 2mg xanax. So far, so good. Very noticeable mood elevation. Subtly detectable buzz. The tramadol is definitely counteracting any sedating side effects of the xanax. Will probably up another 100mg of ultram and 1mg xanax here shortly.

Vikingdon
31-01-2011, 05:22
I started out with 100mg ultram and 2mg xanax. So far, so good. Very noticeable mood elevation. Subtly detectable buzz. The tramadol is definitely counteracting any sedating side effects of the xanax. Will probably up another 100mg of ultram and 1mg xanax here shortly.

I'd up at the .5mg level. It can be the difference between fun and blackout.

TheTwighlight
31-01-2011, 05:49
Xanax and tramadol used to be a favorite combo of mine. Of course, I'd be taking 6-10mg Xanax with 600-1,000mg of tramadol. It's one of the best highs I've ever had. And plenty mary jane. But I can't in sound mind recommend that kind of dose of either, or together. But yes, the combo is EXTREMELY euphoric and recreational, IMO.

Vikingdon
31-01-2011, 05:51
Xanax and tramadol used to be a favorite combo of mine. Of course, I'd be taking 6-10mg Xanax with 600-1,000mg of tramadol. It's one of the best highs I've ever had. And plenty mary jane. But I can't in sound mind recommend that kind of dose of either, or together. But yes, the combo is EXTREMELY euphoric and recreational, IMO.

Wowzz.. 6-10mg of Xanax and 1 gram of tram!? You had quite the tolerance my friend, detoxing had to be a bitch..

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
31-01-2011, 06:25
Tramadol doesn't produce much respiratory depression so you don't need to worry much about mixing it with another CNS depressant. Xanax will prevent chances of seizures in doses above 400mg.

If your tolerance to Tramadol is 100mg and 2mg with the alprazolam then you could take the two doses together. If it doesn't really do much then I'd suggest increase the Tramadol by 50-100mg, don't increase the alprazolam. 2mg is enough, it would just be the Tramadol that would need to be increased but 100mg Tramadol & 2mg alprazolam may work out for you.

Don't expect any sort of speedball effect. You are aware that a speedball is a STIMULANT with an opiate?

Dopa-Amine
31-01-2011, 18:42
I would not rely on the alprazolam as a protection for seizures from high doses of tramadol. Just because it is a GABA agonist it doesn't mean it will provide effective protection at such tramadol super doses.

Clonazepam, diazepam, lorazepam, clorazepate and clobazam are the benzos used in a clinical setting for their anticonvulsant properties. I always dose some clonazepam prior to using high doses of tramadol. Use alprazolam only if you do not have a supply of the aforementioned benzos.

mom2cashjr
31-01-2011, 21:41
Tramadol doesn't produce much respiratory depression so you don't need to worry much about mixing it with another CNS depressant. Xanax will prevent chances of seizures in doses above 400mg.

If your tolerance to Tramadol is 100mg and 2mg with the alprazolam then you could take the two doses together. If it doesn't really do much then I'd suggest increase the Tramadol by 50-100mg, don't increase the alprazolam. 2mg is enough, it would just be the Tramadol that would need to be increased but 100mg Tramadol & 2mg alprazolam may work out for you.

Don't expect any sort of speedball effect. You are aware that a speedball is a STIMULANT with an opiate?

Question, don't know if this is the right place but can you use tramadol as breakthrough pain while taking oxycontin?? (forgive me if my spelling is off!!:) )
I have very few lortabs, very few tramadols and 1 last oxycontin to last me till tomorrow, trying to figure out what would be the best combo?? Please, any advice would be awesome!!
Thanks in advance!!!
mom2cashjr

mom2cashjr
31-01-2011, 21:43
%)
Question, don't know if this is the right place but can you use tramadol as breakthrough pain while taking oxycontin?? (forgive me if my spelling is off!!:) )
I have very few lortabs, very few tramadols and 1 last oxycontin to last me till tomorrow, trying to figure out what would be the best combo?? Please, any advice would be awesome!!
Thanks in advance!!!
mom2cashjr

oh yeah,
mom2cashjr= formerly known as= kokodoesgood, haha. Had to change!%)

TheTwighlight
31-01-2011, 22:03
Wowzz.. 6-10mg of Xanax and 1 gram of tram!? You had quite the tolerance my friend, detoxing had to be a bitch..

You aren't kidding. The worst part is that both of those doses I listed tended to be on the low side if I wanted to get fucked up. I had a 1g tramadol habit every day, that was just to keep me going, it really didn't get me high anymore. There was a time where I had to pop 10-20mg of Xanax several times a day to feel anything from it, and that was with a script for 16mg Klonopin a day. I was on trams almost every day for 3 years. I was on Xanax and Klonopin for 8 years. The detox nearly killed me; I had to be hospitalized and put on Ativan detox. Alas, I'm clean these days. It's a fucking miracle.

Psychedelic Jay
31-01-2011, 22:16
I highly recommend a longer acting benzodiazepine...
Also one that is used as an anticonvulsant...

Diazepam, and clonazepam are your best bets... You would be a lot safer.

mom2cashjr
31-01-2011, 22:48
I highly recommend a longer acting benzodiazepine...
Also one that is used as an anticonvulsant...

Diazepam, and clonazepam are your best bets... You would be a lot safer.

What about like dilantin, do you think that since it is used as an anticunvulsant, do you think taking a dilantin with it could help or just do nothing since it is not like built up in your system??;)

Psychedelic Jay
31-01-2011, 22:54
What about like dilantin, do you think that since it is used as an anticunvulsant, do you think taking a dilantin with it could help or just do nothing since it is not like built up in your system??;)

I have no experience with Dilantin... But in theory, it should work...

mom2cashjr
31-01-2011, 23:09
I have no experience with Dilantin... But in theory, it should work...

What about mixing the oxycontin, lortab, and the tramadol?? I have a very little of each, and want to feel the best but with what combo?? what can be taken with what. I know the oxycontin is long lasting so can i use lortab for break through pain, or can I use tramadol for the break through pain?? Or can I take lortab with tramadol??? I am SUCH a newbie! Trying to make it the best and last the longest till tomorrow!! :( having a rough day!!

Psychedelic Jay
31-01-2011, 23:34
What about mixing the oxycontin, lortab, and the tramadol?? I have a very little of each, and want to feel the best but with what combo?? what can be taken with what. I know the oxycontin is long lasting so can i use lortab for break through pain, or can I use tramadol for the break through pain?? Or can I take lortab with tramadol??? I am SUCH a newbie! Trying to make it the best and last the longest till tomorrow!! :( having a rough day!!

That all depends on your tolerance...

mom2cashjr
31-01-2011, 23:55
That all depends on your tolerance...

I have a VERY HIGH opiate tollerence!!;)

mom2cashjr
01-02-2011, 00:03
I have a VERY HIGH opiate tollerence!!;)

and pretty much high tollerence for ANYTHING!! I have taken 150mg of tramadol so far, NOTHING!!! UGH!!! Can i mix the others in as well, like stop the tramadol, and take the oxycontin and use lortab for the breakthrough pain?? I will be WAY better off tomorrow, I hope and pray!! I am about to die!!!!! UGH!!!:!

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
01-02-2011, 00:23
and pretty much high tollerence for ANYTHING!! I have taken 150mg of tramadol so far, NOTHING!!! UGH!!! Can i mix the others in as well, like stop the tramadol, and take the oxycontin and use lortab for the breakthrough pain?? I will be WAY better off tomorrow, I hope and pray!! I am about to die!!!!! UGH!!!:!

150mg of Tramadol is not a high dose. If you have a high tolerance to opioids you may need 300-400mg like me. Don't go above 400mg. I can't get high from Tramadol but I will get some relief from 400mg

mom2cashjr
01-02-2011, 00:46
150mg of Tramadol is not a high dose. If you have a high tolerance to opioids you may need 300-400mg like me. Don't go above 400mg. I can't get high from Tramadol but I will get some relief from 400mg

I know that people were saying 400 was the cut off dose, is that per dose or per day?? Also do you know if I can take oxycontin with it, and use the tramadol for break through or should I just use the lortab for break through. I am pretty much out so I am scraping the bottom of the barrel to use whatever I can from days past. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my regular meds filled!!!
Thanks!! ;)

Vikingdon
01-02-2011, 00:56
I know that people were saying 400 was the cut off dose, is that per dose or per day?? Also do you know if I can take oxycontin with it, and use the tramadol for break through or should I just use the lortab for break through. I am pretty much out so I am scraping the bottom of the barrel to use whatever I can from days past. Hopefully tomorrow I will get my regular meds filled!!!
Thanks!! ;)

Without an anti convulsant you shouldn't take more than 400 mg of tram a day

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
01-02-2011, 00:57
Thanks!! ;)

When I take Tramadol it will just be 400mg once a day. Nothing else will work, well that doesn't do much either. Take it with or without the Lortab with the OxyContin, your choice. You'll get more action at the mu receptors.

mom2cashjr
01-02-2011, 06:15
:\
When I take Tramadol it will just be 400mg once a day. Nothing else will work, well that doesn't do much either. Take it with or without the Lortab with the OxyContin, your choice. You'll get more action at the mu receptors.

what is a mu receptor??? Also, I heard some people at another site that the tramadol will kill the effect of any other drug like lortab, percocet, and others. Is that part true also??
Thanks, and sorry I dont know all the "lingo". %)

Herbal~Jah
04-04-2011, 05:44
I would think that taking Xanax with Tramadol would actually have a side-effect of making it safer sense the xanax should lower your chances of getting a seizure on 'high' doses of Tramadol.. I have never gone over 400mgs in a day (and its usually spread out) I find 250-300mgs is a good dose for a tolerant person that wants a nice tramadol buzz... Then again some people swear they get nothing from it, but from my experience those are the people that are extreme junkies with massive tolerances and go into the tramadol experience expecting a "normal" opiate high... Tramadol is good in its own right and its one of the only painkillers you can take while on suboxone too!

Tramadol is weird painkiller and even though it barely connects to your mu opiate receptors there must be some other effect it has in our brains because tramadol feels totally different then all the other "opiates" out there...

But yeah Tramadol + Xanax will make you feel pretty good, just know your tolerance and DON'T OVER DO IT!

Peace,
Irie-eyed-the-jedi~

K'd-OUT-in-AZ
04-04-2011, 05:53
:\

what is a mu receptor??? Also, I heard some people at another site that the tramadol will kill the effect of any other drug like lortab, percocet, and others. Is that part true also??
Thanks, and sorry I dont know all the "lingo". %)

The mu receptors are a class of opioid receptors recognized by its pharmacological profile. Mu opioid receptors bind, in decreasing order of affinity, endorphins, dynorphins, met-enkephalin, and leu-enkephalin. They have also been shown to be molecular receptors for morphine.

Opiates bind to the mu receptors and increased activity produces the pain killing effects and euphoria.

I also heard that Tramadol decreases the effects of other opioids. I believe its true. Not 100%

NeighborhoodThreat
04-04-2011, 05:55
But yeah Tramadol + Xanax will make you feel pretty good, just know your tolerance and DON'T OVER DO IT!

This is the important thing to get out of this thread. :)

TheTwighlight
07-04-2011, 22:02
I also heard that Tramadol decreases the effects of other opioids. I believe its true. Not 100%

In my experience, this is true.