• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Should I get kratom or vicodin?

ferinox

Bluelighter
I'm taking a month off of opiates to get my tolerance down. I was wondering what your opinions are on kratom versus vicodin for when I go back on. I don't want to waste my new lower tolerance on kratom if it sucks. Whether you've had positive or negative experiences with kratom, I'm interested in hearing your comparison to regular opiates.

Kratom is weaker. Anyway, don't give too much hope to your "new lower tolerance" : it will never be like it was at the beginning.

If you're used to opiates, powered leaf kratom might be underwhelming. I've never used real opiates so I can't say for sure but a kratom high is fairly mellow, although still quite nice. However, if you're willing to spend a bit more per dose, UEI kratom would be a stronger high. From what I've heard from other people, a fairly strong dose of kratom is at about the same level as a moderate dose of codeine or a low/moderate dose of hydrocodone. Kratom is so cheap that you might as well order an ounce and try it out. If the high is good enough for you, it will save you money and you won't have to deal with withdrawals. I use kratom every other night and I never have any sort of cravings or withdrawals from it when I run out. Some people can find it to be addictive but in my experience, it hasn't been an issue.

I love Kratom. It's a different experience from most opiates though and if you're looking for the same buzz that got you to where you are now Kratom is likely not for you.

Think energizing relaxing euphoria and empathy (kratom) as opposed to the usual sedating euphoria.

Yeah, i was never hopeful to get a high similar to my first one. I took vicodin for 2 weeks in 2009 and didn't take anymore till a year later. Even in that case, it was nowhere near as good as the first time.

I was still getting a decent high off of 15 mg even after 2.5 months daily use however. Those NMDA antagonist really do work wonders for preventing tolerance increases.

I have aspergers syndrome and empathy is always a wonderful experience for me. Usually through MDMA. Would kratom be likely to induce empathy in my case?

I like the sedation because of my anxiety. Does kratom have similar anxiolytic effects?

I want to try Kratom. Let me know how it works out for ya!!!

Vicodin sucks once you have a tolerance even if it has dropped. I have had my tolerance go up and down but now vicodin barely staves off wd and doesn't entirely. Basically my tolerance is fucked.

My friend went off all opiates for 4 months and she can get fucked up on 60mg of Hydrocodone. But she took nothing for months to get it that way.

I love Kratom. It's a different experience from most opiates though and if you're looking for the same buzz that got you to where you are now Kratom is likely not for you.

Think energizing relaxing euphoria and empathy (kratom) as opposed to the usual sedating euphoria.
This, although I would add kratom is subtle even with low tolerance. But certainly worth trying.

Vicodin sucks once you have a tolerance even if it has dropped. I have had my tolerance go up and down but now vicodin barely staves off wd and doesn't entirely. Basically my tolerance is fucked.

My friend went off all opiates for 4 months and she can get fucked up on 60mg of Hydrocodone. But she took nothing for months to get it that way.

I'll definitely let you know how it is. I wish Oxy was easier to find in my area. Vicodin does suck but it's so common so I have to make do. Luckily it stills works for me at this point.

I have aspergers syndrome and empathy is always a wonderful experience for me. Usually through MDMA. Would kratom be likely to induce empathy in my case?

I like the sedation because of my anxiety. Does kratom have similar anxiolytic effects?

It might give you some empathy, but don't expect it to be even close to the level that you'll get from MDMA. Kratom on it's own is much more of a body high than a head high. Unless you go nuts with it, people won't even realize you're high. You'll basically act the same as you usually do, except you'll feel good at the same time. However, I've found that kratom combined with MDAI is excellent and feels quite similar to MDMA, minus the stimulation.

I'm sure your tolerance is way to high to feel a thing off kratom.

Yeah Kratom would most likely be a disappointment if you have had a previous tolerance, and am looking for a good high. Vicoden should be the obvious choice, in your case.